Author Topic: Go North Melbourne  (Read 5430 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Go North Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
who cares about North crows, pies and anyone else. Sorry to say Stripes i know your all about being positive mate and i applaud you for that, but reality is we have no one to blame but ourselves when the reality of a missed finals spot

Now Angus you and I have our spats but I have to say that I agree with your above post 150%  :clapping :clapping

You are Exactly right.

Most will say 2 games in particular have costs us, personally I reckon 3 games have but at the end of the day we did it to ourselves
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »
who cares about North crows, pies and anyone else. Sorry to say Stripes i know your all about being positive mate and i applaud you for that, but reality is we have no one to blame but ourselves when the reality of a missed finals spot

Now Angus you and I have our spats but I have to say that I agree with your above post 150%  :clapping :clapping

You are Exactly right.

Most will say 2 games in particular have costs us, personally I reckon 3 games have but at the end of the day we did it to ourselves

Agree. We lost games never should have and we paid the price. I hope the team does not forget that going into next season.

Rampstar

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »
a lack of standards and our unprofessionalism cost us games against footscray and melbourne. tbh any team  that loses to footscray or melbourne doesnt deserve to play finals and unfortunately thats us. Im still hoping for a miracle but I think Norf will lose this weekend at that will be it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
Norf are the last team I'd be relying on for a win.

Ahh the old footy tip 8 at the TAB many a money whittled away on the back of some Nought drone ruining a one out certainty or collectively choking.

Reckon Nought, Carlscum and Melbtank have been the most unreliable teams personally and regarding RFC on field well being. :help

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »
I get the point that we have only ourselves to blame but if you can't get at least a little excited or hopeful for us to sneak into finals then, and I mean this with no disrespect, I have no idea why you even follow the footy. Ride the highs and lows and enjoy it :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »
I get the point that we have only ourselves to blame but if you can't get at least a little excited or hopeful for us to sneak into finals then, and I mean this with no disrespect, I have no idea why you even follow the footy. Ride the highs and lows and enjoy it :thumbsup

Am enjoying the ride, enjoying the wins but have always been of the belief we are unlikely to make it.

Haven't change my view which means in a fortnight if we are outside the 8 I won't be going into melt down about  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »
Angus and WP. Why waste so much energy looking in the rear view mirror? Shoulda, coulda, woulda...doesn't change a thing. The only thing history is good for is t learn from the mistakes and I don't think the club could have done anymore to prove that it has done that over the past 7 weeks than it has.

While there is still hope and still something to celebrate I'm going to take it but if you guys would rather keep focusing on the mistakes and losses then go for it.

I plan on enjoying the moment  and looking forward to what we can do to keep improving. :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 06:33:43 PM »

Am enjoying the ride, enjoying the wins but have always been of the belief we are unlikely to make it.

Haven't change my view which means in a fortnight if we are outside the 8 I won't be going into melt down about  ;D

Perspective. :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »
Angus and WP. Why waste so much energy looking in the rear view mirror? Shoulda, coulda, woulda...doesn't change a thing. The only thing history is good for is t learn from the mistakes and I don't think the club could have done anymore to prove that it has done that over the past 7 weeks than it has.

While there is still hope and still something to celebrate I'm going to take it but if you guys would rather keep focusing on the mistakes and losses then go for it.

I plan on enjoying the moment  and looking forward to what we can do to keep improving. :cheers

Stripes I get what you mean but look at Geelong in the 1989 GF. Kicked the first goal went in at quarter time 40 points down. Steadied and despite Hawthorn losing soldiers the margin was still 6 goals at 3 quarter time only for Geelong to come home like a train as the effect of Hawthorn's injuries started to take it toll and Gary Ablett's gifts were on show for all to see. I reckon given the fact the Cats lost 4 GF'S in 6 years that first quarter in 1989 would still rankle with them.

Bit like us this year. Left our run late and still a chance to make and if we do fantastic but if we don't I have already resigned myself from back in May/June so for me making it is a bous to how I am feeling, winning now is nice and I am deriving pleasure from it but if we don't make it Dogs, Dees and the second half against the Roos stick out like a sore thumb and right now those 12 points would have us an outside chance of top 4 and if anyone wants to add our first half against Geelong and the Gold Coast game and then it really cuts when you see what we are missing. Reality unfortunantely bites. :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

Fair enough if you don't believe we'll make it but surely you can hope we make it. Makes the season all that much more enjoyable

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »
The other mathematical possibility is if Essendon lose to both GCS and Carlton.

We can sneak into the top 8 that way as well.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »

Like  :clapping :clapping :clapping
Unleash the tornado

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »

Of course I do mate I was there in Adelaide supporting the team.

The thing with me along with a few other posters,  is being burnt means we will always be a little sceptical than your tiger fan who calls sen boasting the "tigers are back"

It doesn't mean wins like last week, and the fact we are still in the hunt isn't exciting. I just always think great they will get us all excited so we open our wallets in December only for some other excuse next year.

Only a finals berth is acceptable after the elim final and early form debacles.

When we start making finals consecutively and beating teams like cats hawks and smashing the gypsys, il say we have finally arrived.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »

Of course I do mate I was there in Adelaide supporting the team.

The thing with me along with a few other posters,  is being burnt means we will always be a little sceptical than your tiger fan who calls sen boasting the "tigers are back"

It doesn't mean wins like last week, and the fact we are still in the hunt isn't exciting. I just always think great they will get us all excited so we open our wallets in December only for some other excuse next year.

Only a finals berth is acceptable after the elim final and early form debacles.

When we start making finals consecutively and beating teams like cats hawks and smashing the gypsys, il say we have finally arrived.

Enjoy the ride why you can Angus. No use spending the whole holiday cursing the bad restaurant you went to at the start of the trip. Save that until the journeys over.

I understand what you are saying - you're sick of being let down but don't let fear of failure stop you from enjoying success  :gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:09 PM »

Fair enough if you don't believe we'll make it but surely you can hope we make it. Makes the season all that much more enjoyable

Hope we make it? yeah of course but when you are so reliant on so many other things going your way reality has a tendency to kick in a bit quicker
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:54:41 PM by WilliamPowell »