Author Topic: Go North Melbourne  (Read 6025 times)

Rampstar

Re: Go North Melbourne
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
Agree with the BIG ISSUE was the first 13 matches and losing to teams like the Bulldogs and Melbourne.

I don't by into this "standards" or "leadership".

Our style of play was always the issue!

Hardwick was the issue with his ignorance to change the game plan earlier.

Miles isn't the saviour of our season, but doesn't it just puzzle people why he wasn't promoted ASAP when Astbury got injured against Melbourne?

Not sure when King went on the LTIL?

Don't be fooled by this great run, there are still issues.

But one thing is for sure ...

Our boys have showed HEART the past two weeks and it has been fantastic!

We need skillful players around the ball still, but the HEART i can never question!

Just disappointing it wasn't there against the Dogs and Dees!

Why wasn't it???

I majorly disagree with you on the issue of standards ... some people have high standards and they are high achievers some clubs like Hawthorn have high standards and are successful clubs our standards have been woeful for the best part of 3 decades, unless minimum standards of excellence, hard work and expectation are the norm we wont win a flag.

Rampstar

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »
Good win by the telephone box crew.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »
Lol :cheers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »
norf! I felt dirty riding them home today but sometimes you need to be the wingman and take one for the team

All in our hands now  :gotigers :cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »
Gws morons

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
norf! I felt dirty riding them home today but sometimes you need to be the wingman and take one for the team

All in our hands now  :gotigers :cheers

Like pounding an absolute shocker. Just try to enjoy it somehow
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
If Carlton can knock over Essendon next week we could win and get to 7th, and meet North in finals. Makes week 2 a certainty.

We then meet Hawthorn who suffered a battering loss to Sydney and we roll them.

Momentum carries us through an epic against Geelong, leading us to a Grand Final against the team we have the wood over in Sydney.

Hello flag.  :shh
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
Grigg for th norm Smith  :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2014, 09:21:10 PM »
Was out and was checking scores on my phone. Was 101-93 for what seemed an eternity (didn't know player was stretchered off) and was hoping hang on you smelly filthy plop plops.

Back to loathing them again and hoping they fail at everything they do. Nothing footy club.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2014, 10:05:07 PM »
If Carlton can knock over Essendon next week we could win and get to 7th, and meet North in finals. Makes week 2 a certainty.

Momentum carries us through an epic against Geelong, leading us to a Grand Final against the team we have the wood over in Sydney.

I like the way you re thinking Richo  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:39 PM »

I like the way you re thinking Richo  :shh

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »

Enjoy the ride why you can Angus. No use spending the whole holiday cursing the bad restaurant you went to at the start of the trip. Save that until the journeys over.

I understand what you are saying - you're sick of being let down but don't let fear of failure stop you from enjoying success  :gotigers

As I said Stripes I'm enjoying the ride, enjoying the wins. I'll be absolutely rapted if we make finals but it doesn't mean I am going to ignore what happened in the first 13 weeks of the season.

And to TBH I don't think the RFC (and by that I mean everyone; players, coaches, staff, members etc) can or should.

Because what happened in the first half of the year is in a large way going to define season 2015.

Same thing happens again means we've learnt nothing. If it doesn't happen again it means we have actually improved because it would mean we have learnt for the horrid mistakes.

It is the latter I want to see, reckon it's what we all want to see.

I'm not disputing that the last few weeks we've had good footy to watch and it's been exciting. I also I know a lot of people already believed that we've learnt and improved because of what we've seen in the last 7 weeks. In years gone by I would have thought the same thing but not this time. I posted it a few months back what's happened this year hasn't just been about the results it runs much, much deeper for me and it hit/cut me in a way that I have never experienced before. I wont back away from that. The Club let a lot of people down and I think they still have a way to go to repair the damage. The wins are a start but what they do in the coming months will be the next step 

You speak of "don't let fear of failure stop you from enjoying success" and I have to ask what success? I wouldn't think the last 7 weeks equates to "success".  Improved effort & performance? Absolutely but success I wouldn't think so, again just my take. Success in AFL is about playing finals and that's what we need to do consistently and more importantly we need to do it off our bat not by relying on results of others; which is the situation we find ourselves in now

In the end I'm just trying to keep an level head on reality and expectation

Hi WP.

We've met.

I would like to compliment you on this post, which I read a few weeks ago and admired, probably because it summed up my thoughts.

I congratulate you on your continuing support of the club, which goes well beyond what most can do - you are a true supporter. I confess that gave up on them after the Melbourne game and haven't been since and the only game I watched was the Swans one, which was unbelievable and with the friends that were there, unforgettable.

Hopefully the club agrees with your sentiments. Surely Benny Gale would have no allusions, he's a major asset.

Regards

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2014, 08:39:13 AM »
This is the filthiest stuffing thread I have ever laid eyes on, North are a pox, they tried to have us kicked out of the comp, stuff them, may they burn in hell.  Amen
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:57 AM »
Hi WP.

We've met.

I would like to compliment you on this post, which I read a few weeks ago and admired, probably because it summed up my thoughts.

I congratulate you on your continuing support of the club, which goes well beyond what most can do - you are a true supporter. I confess that gave up on them after the Melbourne game and haven't been since and the only game I watched was the Swans one, which was unbelievable and with the friends that were there, unforgettable.

Hopefully the club agrees with your sentiments. Surely Benny Gale would have no allusions, he's a major asset.

Regards

Thank you  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2014, 07:02:07 PM »
This is the filthiest stuffing thread I have ever laid eyes on, North are a pox, they tried to have us kicked out of the comp, stuff them, may they burn in hell.  Amen

:clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018