Author Topic: Claw, just papering the cracks?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Claw, just papering the cracks?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 02:22:05 PM »
Poor thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Agree - save that crap for BF & PRE.

So let me get this right - it's okay to start threads that bag the clubs, the players and the coach but somehow the posters are a protected species?
Maybe some on this forum are too sanctimonious to hear about their own inconvenient truths  ::)
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »

So let me get this right - it's okay to start threads that bag the clubs, the players and the coach but somehow the posters are a protected species?
Maybe some on this forum are too sanctimonious to hear about their own inconvenient truths  ::)

Great post, poos me the greatest in that some posters think they have a god given right to bag the crap out of RFC but when it's time to take it they are protected like the gimpy umps

the claw

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

hmm
in all the time ive been on this site ive started just 33 threads. i dont think any has been to bag the coaches the players or the club. i have started  threads criticising recruiting and list management.

in the main ive joined in a discussion  and given an opposing opinion in the main.
i will say again have rarely on this forum criticised anyone or anything with out giving what have been imo good reasons.

the claw

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »

Great post, poos me the greatest in that some posters think they have a god given right to bag the crap out of RFC but when it's time to take it they are protected like the gimpy umps
do you see me complaining. while i have never personally started a thread to bag a fellow poster and wouldnt,  it doesnt bother me if people feel aggreived enough to do so with me.
further to that i dont believe i bag the club at all. i criticise and give my reasons why.

the only time i get annoyed is when posters are deliberately disingenuous and take every thing you post out of context or just say total untruths.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »

An analogy that is as poor as it is irrelevent.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »
We all have one thing in common wether we criticize the club or not. 
We all love the Tigers and want them to succeed.

In Victory we thrive...

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
 :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »

do you see me complaining. while i have never personally started a thread to bag a fellow poster and wouldnt,  it doesnt bother me if people feel aggreived enough to do so with me.
further to that i dont believe i bag the club at all. i criticise and give my reasons why.

the only time i get annoyed is when posters are deliberately disingenuous and take every thing you post out of context or just say total untruths.

I reckon you post some pretty good theories on list management and drafting, have no issues at all with you having a divergent opinion but wonder about your inability to accept the opposing views or the limitations of your own.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 05:07:19 PM »

An analogy that is as poor as it is irrelevent.

How could you tell, with those blinkers on I'm surprised you can even see what your typing let alone read what others have to post.
It's that simple Spud

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 06:02:32 PM »
shouldnt need to justify what i do on weekends but every second weekend we go to rowing where my daughter currently spends an inordinate amount of time training and racing in an attempt to make the junior state team this yr.

Off topic, but well done to your daughter Claw, hope she makes the team and when she does all that training and hard work will be worth it.  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 06:17:59 PM »
shouldnt need to justify what i do on weekends but every second weekend we go to rowing where my daughter currently spends an inordinate amount of time training and racing in an attempt to make the junior state team this yr.

Off topic, but well done to your daughter Claw, hope she makes the team and when she does all that training and hard work will be worth it.  :clapping
thanks wp must say im pretty proud of her and in awe what with the  getting up at 4 4.30 most days doing the weight programs  rowing over 100 ks  a week, coaching, work  uni  and regattas not to mention she had to give up netball because the load was too much its been full on and she drives herself to do the work.
if hard work is a recipe for success she will succeed.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »

thanks wp must say im pretty proud of her and in awe what with the  getting up at 4 4.30 most days doing the weight programs  rowing over 100 ks  a week, coaching, work  uni  and regattas not to mention she had to give up netball because the load was too much its been full on and she drives herself to do the work.
if hard work is a recipe for success she will succeed.

you should be proud

She obviously has a fantastic work ethic, so for that she deserves to succeed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
Sounds like a typical glass-half-full type to me.....

kidding!

onya Claw Jnr.

the claw

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 07:05:33 PM »

kidding!

onya Claw Jnr.
imo she can always improve.  :whistle

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »

kidding!

onya Claw Jnr.
imo she can always improve.  :whistle

:lol :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »
Does she follow RFC
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH