Author Topic: Trent Cotchin wants Tigers' finals pain to 'burn in the gut' (Age)  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin wants Tigers' finals pain to 'burn in the gut' (Age)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 11:11:08 AM »
Seriously dont know what you guys expect with club PR dishing up media spin

I would suggest you ignore the crap that comes out but I know how people like to use Caps, Bolds and excalmation marks

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
Whatever Trevor and der

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
Maric and/or Rance for captain IMO.

Heard this crap last year.

Blokes are content/complacent being also-rans.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »
Seriously dont know what you guys expect with club PR dishing up media spin

I would suggest you ignore the crap that comes out but I know how people like to use Caps, Bolds and excalmation marks
BLOODY OATH!!!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »

To be honest,  I don't care what Cotchin says. He can enjoy Mad Monday. All I care about now are actions.  Raising the bar at preseason to a much higher level. Starting next year as a dynamic force and not like cream puffs...

That's part of the problem for me - Mad Monday.

Yesterday was not the day for it. Should be later in the week.

I don't want them "enjoying" Mad Monday the day after they put in such a horrendous effort. Fans are hurting (again) and Mad Mondays don't present the notion that the players are hurting.

Agree actions are what matter have been saying it all season but yesterday the actions coupled with the words were disappointing and a terrible look

Interesting
Straight off the plane at 10.35pm in Melb
Straight to Eve Night Club
Front up next day at Mad Monday at the Sporting Globe in Richmond
While the supporters are left to bleed
Interesting
Great experience at Adelaide but really gutted with the result and non competitive nature of the game
Watched the replay last night
Port were playing against " witches hats "
Terrible Terrible performance

Can't dispute any of that Jack. Everyone who went over were so upbeat pre-game and then by qtr time the same folks were gutted.

Mad Monday was a terrible look IMHO
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:42:07 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »
STFU no one gives a poo. Sooo many words, very little action.

:clapping

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »

To be honest,  I don't care what Cotchin says. He can enjoy Mad Monday. All I care about now are actions.  Raising the bar at preseason to a much higher level. Starting next year as a dynamic force and not like cream puffs...

I don't want them "enjoying" Mad Monday the day after they put in such a horrendous effort. Fans are hurting (again) and Mad Mondays don't present the notion that the players are hurting.

Agree actions are what matter have been saying it all season but yesterday the actions coupled with the words were disappointing and a terrible look

Interesting
Interesting
Great experience at Adelaide but really gutted with the result and non competitive nature of the game

Can't dispute any of that Jack. Everyone who went over were so upbeat pre-game and then by qtr time the same folks were gutted.

WP were you really? I mean i have to ask. I was there too and was laughing by the end. Those days are over where i care too much about this pathetic club, unless they lose a final to the scum like they did last year.

Is it really that much of a surprise? I mean just sit back and have a think about it.

Won 8 on the trot, list is still littered with spuds, Newman still there occupying the list, no a graders found post 20 since i was 2 years old etc etc

I watched the first quarter then retreated behind the cheer squad big scoreboard to sink suds for the rest of the game.

Am i peeed off? Yes i called the club first think Monday and cancelled my upgrade to Maurice Rioli i had previously said i wanted the week before.

Am i shocked? Not in the slightest

I have set my bar very low with these cowboys so when games like sunday occur i dont care as much

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 03:45:48 PM »

Interesting
Interesting

Their season finished on the final siren on Sunday.  If you then say it's a bad look celebrating on Monday,  that is strictly your opinion.  There are no rules saying you must give 48 hours of reflection after a game before you can celebrate! 
I reiterate it makes no difference what the playing group do now.  The only thing that counts at all is them driving training standards up through the roof and becoming a yop 4 side next year. That is the only way they can apologise for last Sunday.  Norhing more and definitely nothing less!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
Yessss big Gussy  :clapping

Agree I'll only be gutted when we lose to a big 4 team. Only because of their pain in the arse fans.  :banghead

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
Monday should have been a day of harsh reflection
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 04:06:38 PM »

Interesting
Interesting

Their season finished on the final siren on Sunday.  If you then say it's a bad look celebrating on Monday,  that is strictly your opinion.  There are no rules saying you must give 48 hours of reflection after a game before you can celebrate! 
I reiterate it makes no difference what the playing group do now.  The only thing that counts at all is them driving training standards up through the roof and becoming a yop 4 side next year. That is the only way they can apologise for last Sunday.  Norhing more and definitely nothing less!

Agree, imagine if they had to pamper to everyones feelings about the correct timing, seasons done and over time to move on

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »
WP were you really? I mean i have to ask. I was there too and was laughing by the end. Those days are over where i care too much about this pathetic club, unless they lose a final to the scum like they did last year.

Angus, I know folks who were gutted by the result but probably gutted more by the effort (or lack there of).

Personally I was gutted  for about 5 mins in the 1st qtr more so by the lack of effort than anything. Then after that 5 min of multi emotions I was just simply non-plussed by the whole thing (again). As I said the end result didn't really surprise me

TBH I was probably more peeved seeing kids so upset, they deserve better because they don't understand and aren't as immune to it as so many of us have become over time

Technically their season hasn't finsihed at all. Games have finished but they are all still contracted to 31 October and have at least one very important official function to attend on 4 weeks. They also have their final season review things (exit interviews) to go through so their season isn't over.

Also, and importantly I don't really think they had anything to celebrate and yes that's a personal view and I won't apologise for it. Just think it could have been done in a far better way than it was.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »
Technically their season hasn't finsihed at all. Games have finished but they are all still contracted to 31 October and have at least one very important official function to attend on 4 weeks. They also have their final season review things (exit interviews) to go through so their season isn't over.

FMD pedantic much

TBH I was probably more peeved seeing kids so upset, they deserve better because they don't understand and aren't as immune to it as so many of us have become over time

Well they probably need a bit of tough love then from Claw's school of fathering

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »

Interesting
Interesting

I think, outsideof rrance and a couple others, most had their minds on their first pill at the club

Early in the game

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 08:51:03 PM »
Is that before or after he played air guitar for "I was made for loving you".

Sounds like I heard this sort of stuff this time last year. :help