Author Topic: Who do you want to put on the trade table ?  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Who do you want to put on the trade table ?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
Agree with WP BUT, I wouldn't be chuckin Miles out with the bath water either, he has been a revelation.
McBean and Lennon as they havn't been given a decent crack and have good prospects.  I mean lets not go hog wild here, what you gonna replace our duds with, you can't buy champion race horses by selling off some nags even with a 2fer1 deal lol
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
Lets hope they take the offer for Lids.

What offer is that rog?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 10:51:33 AM »
Batch to GWS for Sam Frost straight swap.

Done deal. Make it happen RFC  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:29 PM »
Agree with WP BUT, I wouldn't be chuckin Miles out with the bath water either, he has been a revelation.
McBean and Lennon as they havn't been given a decent crack and have good prospects.  I mean lets not go hog wild here, what you gonna replace our duds with, you can't buy champion race horses by selling off some nags even with a 2fer1 deal lol

I tossed up between Miles & Vlastuin chose Vlastuin only because I see him as our next captain

Would only trade Miles for a super offer but if that super offer was to eventuate then you have to consider it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »
Damn man, would have to be a super offer alright, he wins all our ball, even on sunday he was one of the only ones firing.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »
WP - everyone is tradeable - even your magnificient 7 - just depends what the trade is.

If club X value player y more than the RFC then they are tradeable.

Eg. if swans offered us josh kennedy, tom mithcell and mcglynn for say just cotchin - of course you would do the trade.
But reality is not every club is an Adelaide (trading for Angus Graham 0 games and delisted).

To your magnificient 7 I would add Ellis and make it a magnificent 8 instead.  I actually think he is a future leader of the club ahead of Vlaustin. IMHO.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »
WP - everyone is tradeable - even your magnificient 7 - just depends what the trade is.

Eg. if swans offered us josh kennedy, tom mithcell and mcglynn for say just cotchin - of course you would do the trade.
But reality is not every club is an Adelaide (trading for Angus Graham 0 games and delisted).

To your magnificient 7 I would add Ellis and make it a magnificent 8 instead.  I actually think he is a future leader of the club ahead of Vlaustin. IMHO.

Agree with your example about Cotchin. Very good example. Club wouldn't do it though  ;D

As for Ellis I'd actually throw him the same sort of scenario as Vickery, he's one that would easily get us a 1st rounder. I know under no circumstances would the club do it but its that sort daring we need to see from the club during trade week IMHO

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 05:05:13 PM »

Agree with your example about Cotchin. Very good example. Club wouldn't do it though  ;D

As for Ellis I'd actually throw him the same sort of scenario as Vickery, he's one that would easily get us a 1st rounder. I know under no circumstances would the club do it but its that sort daring we need to see from the club during trade week IMHO

Ellis no chance and nor should they

I would look at Vickery to the Buldogs along with Conca to one of the WA clubs

This could potentially give us 3 top 10 picks and lets be honest what would we really lose with Conca.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »

So are you saying Angus that if Melb came to Richmond and offered picks 1 & 3 for Ellis you wouldn't take it?

;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

So are you saying Angus that if Melb came to Richmond and offered picks 1 & 3 for Ellis you wouldn't take it?

;D

But like the Cotchin suggestion, that trade ain't happening.
I see no point trading our good players, little leverage in trading our young emerging or slowly emerging (read Conca) because you often get diddled in the trade and the player comes good.

Vickery sort of fits the trade criteria - 24 so not young but not old enough.
Not really delivering for us.
Key position so would appeal to a club like the Bulldogs who have a great draft pick but a gap that needs an urgent fill to take pressure off the coach entering his 4th year.
Unlikely to get better but given the history of a KPP might still tease a desperate club.

I'd take their first 2 picks in the draft for our first pick and Ty.

We get picks 5 & 23 for Ty and pick 11.
We'd have picks 5,23,29,47 and 65 to load up on some young talent.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 06:44:25 PM »

I would look at Vickery to the Buldogs along with Conca to one of the WA clubs

This could potentially give us 3 top 10 picks and lets be honest what would we really lose with Conca.
I reckon the Conca ship has sailed. If only he was from Adelaide... ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 06:47:41 PM »
Quicker just to list who I wouldn't offer up:

Cotchin, Martin, Vlastuin.

Was going to post something similar

IMV everyone should be on the table for the right deal

There's only 7 I wouldn't offer up the rest for the right deal are available

Martin, Rance, Maric, Reiwodlt, Vlastuin, Cotchin, Deledio

IMV the player with the best currency who could get us a 1st rounder is Vickery, he's the one.

Agree 100%!

Would of thought miles, McBean, Lennon would be in that group too

Spot on

Lennon new top ten draft pick (or there abouts), McBean winning goal kicking, miles top five afl clearances

Even the like Griffiths, Astbury, grimes, whypile not world beaters nor indispensable, you would want a pretty good deal. Given the upside

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 06:49:27 PM »
Cotch , Rance , Lids , Maric , Dusty , Jack , Ellis , Miles , Vlaustin , Lennon , McBean , Griffiths , Edwards ( the last two coz they just signed ). Those guys are locks. The only way they'd be traded is if , as WP said , some fantasy offer was made for one of them. That aint happening and you also need to be careful that you're not ripping the heart out of the club by being seduced.
I'm old enough to recall the fall out of the infamous Whale Roberts and co for John Pitura deal so I'm weary of those sorts of mega trades.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
If Vickery is traded to the Dogs I can see Higgins coming our way as part if that deal. :-\

Has to be for a draft pick a first rounder at least otherwise this could be the McMahon deal part two and given Higgins run with injuries he'll just replace Knights on the list as the injury prone import. :help
There will be no trade involving Higgins because he is a FA. If we want him we can pick him up without trading.  Just need to pay for his hospitalisation bills..... :help
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 07:52:55 PM »
Also Vickery can't be traded even if he wanted to go.
Because he only re signed this year we are not allowed to trade him.
Something to do with the last collective bargaining agreement that no player who re signs either a new contract or contract extension can be offered for trade until 12 months of signing the new agreement has passed.
Looks like we're stuck with Vickery for another season.