Author Topic: Sack Francis Hackson and Hartley  (Read 7395 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Francis Hackson and Hartley
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
What about Rutten, surely enough is enough

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 01:30:01 PM »
Correcting for accuracy
Recruiters Blair Hartley should have been placed on notice after drafting trading for Hampson

Alternatively he picked up Miles for peanuts but yeah keep focussing on the negatives.

Yeah that's one resounding success - name the others....

Maric's been a resounding success.

Been quite a few other reasonable choices given their cost.
No one gets them all right.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
The problem is that we need to actually add to our recruiters not get rid of them. I'd also look at getting the Geelong guy to take over as head recruiter.

Serious question what do you think is the right number?

We have what full time 4 recruiters - Jackson, Taylor, Clarke and Williams plus (assuming here) a couple of part-time scouts interstate

How many more do we need, forget whether who have should go or not just talking pure numbers?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »
Enough as it takes to get it right

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »
The problem is that we need to actually add to our recruiters not get rid of them. I'd also look at getting the Geelong guy to take over as head recruiter.

We have what full time 4 recruiters - Jackson, Taylor, Clarke and Williams plus (assuming here) a couple of part-time scouts interstate

How many more do we need, forget whether who have should go or not just talking pure numbers?
Not sure. All our recent drafts have been based off 3 people which I don't think is enough. A 4th may make a big difference.

Ideally I'd think having 1 in WA, 1 in SA, 2 in Vic/Tas and 1 covering the others should be the goal. Plus the scouts on top of that.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »

No mate these 2 clowns have to go as a start. 10 years is enough for FJ. At the end of the day you are judged on your performance and his has been woeful.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »

No mate these 2 clowns have to go as a start. 10 years is enough for FJ. At the end of the day you are judged on your performance and his has been woeful.
Probably. But who do we get to replace him. I think at least with Williams we have a guy that can take over as head recruiter. So that's a plus. I do hope if we were to do that, that Williams gets a bit more say in the type of player we recruit. Otherwise we will keep ending up with the same types. Slow, reasonably skilled ball winners who are good kids.

Hartley isn't too bad. Just need to take away some of his power. Too many bloody recycleds FFS

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »

hawks had 8 in the early 00's, Im sure that's grown.. pretty sure pies have over 10 now

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »

Apologies. Was using the term recruiters in the broadest sense. I should have said Football department. Not sure but I believe the decision to take Miles had more to do with the recommendation of Chocco than any masterstroke of Hartley.

I stuffing love how everything positive that comes from this club is chalked down to Chocco  :lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
ban this idiot, fair dinkum if he fell into a barrel of t@s he d come out sucking his thumb, and we re the poor idiots that have to listen to his constant whining  :wallywink :banghead :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
Banning is a massive call and you leave yourself open to scrutiny.

Would h8 to be in ur shuz

plz
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 08:31:35 PM »

The right number is

...  42

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:02 PM »

The right number is

...  42

We need to find Slartibartfast first.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Rampstar

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 09:24:45 AM »
Correcting for accuracy
Recruiters Blair Hartley should have been placed on notice after drafting trading for Hampson

Alternatively he picked up Miles for peanuts but yeah keep focussing on the negatives.

Yeah that's one resounding success - name the others....

Maric's been a resounding success.

Been quite a few other reasonable choices given their cost.
No one gets them all right.

Only Maric and Miles are good trades the rest is rubbish. The cost doesn't matter, a good player is a good player and a bad player is still a bad player even if they don't cost a lot. Hartley only has 2 successes the rest are average to poor selections.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:48 AM »
What a lot of rot , these two have taken a list widely regarded as worse than fitzroys to a team that knocks up finals appearances like shelling peas. Me finks that might have just a liddle to do with the players incoming  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled