Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 86812 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »
we SHOULD b able to draft kids and turn them into guns.......should...
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 08:49:21 PM »
Whats the odds Cory Ellis ends up better than Christian Petracca?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »
Shifter Sheehan and Wallace just did a top 20 phantom draft on the TAC Cup Future Stars show.

They have Liam Duggan going to us at pick 11.

1. St K - Christian Petracca
2. Melb - Angus Brayshaw
3. GWS - Peter Wright
4. Bris - Patrick McCartin
5. WB - Jake Lever
6. Carl - Jayden Laverde
7. GC - Paul Ahern
8. Coll - Darcy Moore (F/S)
9. Adel - Sam Durdin
10. WCE - Jarrod Pickett
11. Rich - Liam Duggan
12. Freo - Kyle Langford
13. Geel - Caleb Marchbank
14. GC -  Lachie Weller (compo pick)
15. NM - Ed Vickers-Willis
16. Port - Hugh Goddard
17. Haw - Tom Lamb
18. Syd - Issac Heeney (NSW Academy)
19. Ess - Clem Smith
20. GWS - Cory Ellis
To be honest, anyone from 5 to 17 will be a good player.  There is a lot of luck (and good culture) then determining who out of those will become A graders.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »
we SHOULD b able to draft kids and turn them into guns.......should...

who is going to do that mate. Mcqualter, T Clarke, Bailey. Come on.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »
Should be looking for a Fyfe type player, not just a mid or far ward or back etc....utilities are the go these days!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
Should be looking for a Fyfe type player, not just a mid or far ward or back etc....utilities are the go these days!!
Yes a couple of Fyfe's would be nice. Although I would say he is a genuine mid that just gets to those other areas.
Best player in the league at the minute for mine.
Didn't we draft Griff in front of him  :whistle well played FJ  :wallywink

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:32 AM »
Yes a couple of Fyfe's would be nice. Although I would say he is a genuine mid that just gets to those other areas.
You have an unhealthy obsession in bringing Griffiths into all conversations you can so you can bag him.  Has he done something to you or a family member?
The fact is 17 other clubs passed on Fyfe including Freo with their first choice.  Can you say you screamed on this site at the time of the draft to demand we draft Fyfe?  I don't think so.
So take off your retrospectroscope glasses bt because most here find it painful when they have to read criticisms based purely on hindsight.:

And by the way Griffiths has done a lot better than:

Anthony Morabito (injury prone+++)
John Butcher
Jordan Gysberts
Kane Lucas
Christian Howard
Luke Tapscott

These guys were all selected ahead of him.  So just give it a break with Griff!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 02:12:08 PM »
You have an unhealthy obsession in bringing Griffiths into all conversations you can so you can bag him.  Has he done something to you or a family member?
The fact is 17 other clubs passed on Fyfe including Freo with their first choice.  Can you say you screamed on this site at the time of the draft to demand we draft Fyfe?  I don't think so.
So take off your retrospectroscope glasses bt because most here find it painful when they have to read criticisms based purely on hindsight.:

John Butcher
Jordan Gysberts
Kane Lucas
Christian Howard
Luke Tapscott

First of all I'll try and keep the insults out of it but I find it extremely hard with you. One thing I hate more than debating footy with someone that IMO has NFI is someone that try's to speak for others on here. Happy to hear what you think but don't lump others in on what you think, just to try to help your post, everyone can speak for themselves.

The last few posts before yours were about Fyfe and what a star I think he is, and when I think of or watch him running around I think if we had of got it right we would have this bloke running around for us. That fact we took Griff before him is something that we all have to live with, just like the Bling before Buddy draft disaster. Nothing unhealthily about it, just there for all to see. And for me to bring up on a Tigers forum.

Griff hasn't done anything to any of my family member because they don't support the Tigers, but I do, and having to watch a pick 19, 200cm, 100KG player like Griff play as soft has he has done, does hurt me considering we could have had Fyfe who as I said I think is the best player in the game at the moment. Nothing wrong with wanting that I would think.

Also saying 17 other clubs past on him is just stupid too, we took Dusty with our first pick which I am really happy with. We didn't pass on Fyfe we chose a star of the game before him.

And lastly saying that its painful to read criticisms retrospectively is also stupid IMO, it's the only way a fact can be a fact is when the event has happened and you can see the result. 

Think what you like about Griff, to be totally honest I can see why you would like him but I don't, I can see past a few nice marks and his long kicking, and think he will do nothing for our club. I think it was a massive mistake in taking him at all because he doesn't have what it takes IMO to be a consistent AFL player. I don't think I sit on the fence about my opinions on players and I recon I have got a few right over my time on here.
Hindsight is the only way that we will know if you or are are right about big Griff but until then I will continue to post what I want to about him whether you like it or not.
So just suck it up!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 02:52:23 PM »

John Butcher
Jordan Gysberts
Kane Lucas
Christian Howard
Luke Tapscott

First of all I'll try and keep the insults out of it but I find it extremely hard with you. One thing I hate more than debating footy with someone that IMO has NFI is someone that try's to speak for others on here. Happy to hear what you think but don't lump others in on what you think, just to try to help your post, everyone can speak for themselves.

The last few posts before yours were about Fyfe and what a star I think he is, and when I think of or watch him running around I think if we had of got it right we would have this bloke running around for us. That fact we took Griff before him is something that we all have to live with, just like the Bling before Buddy draft disaster. Nothing unhealthily about it, just there for all to see. And for me to bring up on a Tigers forum.

Griff hasn't done anything to any of my family member because they don't support the Tigers, but I do, and having to watch a pick 19, 200cm, 100KG player like Griff play as soft has he has done, does hurt me considering we could have had Fyfe who as I said I think is the best player in the game at the moment. Nothing wrong with wanting that I would think.

Also saying 17 other clubs past on him is just stupid too, we took Dusty with our first pick which I am really happy with. We didn't pass on Fyfe we chose a star of the game before him.

And lastly saying that its painful to read criticisms retrospectively is also stupid IMO, it's the only way a fact can be a fact is when the event has happened and you can see the result. 

Think what you like about Griff, to be totally honest I can see why you would like him but I don't, I can see past a few nice marks and his long kicking, and think he will do nothing for our club. I think it was a massive mistake in taking him at all because he doesn't have what it takes IMO to be a consistent AFL player. I don't think I sit on the fence about my opinions on players and I recon I have got a few right over my time on here.
Hindsight is the only way that we will know if you or are are right about big Griff but until then I will continue to post what I want to about him whether you like it or not.
So just suck it up!
Of course you can bring up Griff on the Tigers forum, but you have already done this on countless occasions and this thread is on pick 11 not why we picked Griff over Fyfe!  That is why it comes over as an unhealthy obsession for bagging Griff.

You conveniently did not argue the point I made with Griff having performed better than many selected before him in the draft too!

I also do not necessarily think Griff will be a superstar despite what you say. He is, however, a Richmond player who has actually just committed to the club for another two years.  As such, I feel I need to support him because that is what true supporters do. Yes he has been soft on occasions but you also ignore occasions where he has stood up in absolutely crunch times. He is still developing and with more game time and another preseason will improve further.  How much further is anyones guess, but most reasonable judges will tell you he has the tools to be a very good player. It will be up to him and his coaches to maximise his potential.

And just like Tambling over Franklin, we need to move on and stop going over old ground time and time again.  If you do wish to do so, pick the appropriate thread and not go off topic with your rants. This is about pick 11. Why don't you tell us who you think will be available at this pick and who we should go for.  It's your chance not to use hindsight for a change. Go on I look forward to your suggestions as you obviously have a good eye for talent.

Rampstar

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
Riccardo Montleban & Tattoo the midget are right in the frame of our recruiters.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 03:06:06 PM »
We leg speed fullstop.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
We leg speed fullstop.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »
echo echo

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »

John Butcher
Jordan Gysberts
Kane Lucas
Christian Howard
Luke Tapscott

So just suck it up!
Of course you can bring up Griff on the Tigers forum, but you have already done this on countless occasions and this thread is on pick 11 not why we picked Griff over Fyfe!  That is why it comes over as an unhealthy obsession for bagging Griff.

You conveniently did not argue the point I made with Griff having performed better than many selected before him in the draft too!

I also do not necessarily think Griff will be a superstar despite what you say. He is, however, a Richmond player who has actually just committed to the club for another two years.  As such, I feel I need to support him because that is what true supporters do. Yes he has been soft on occasions but you also ignore occasions where he has stood up in absolutely crunch times. He is still developing and with more game time and another preseason will improve further.  How much further is anyones guess, but most reasonable judges will tell you he has the tools to be a very good player. It will be up to him and his coaches to maximise his potential.

And just like Tambling over Franklin, we need to move on and stop going over old ground time and time again.  If you do wish to do so, pick the appropriate thread and not go off topic with your rants. This is about pick 11. Why don't you tell us who you think will be available at this pick and who we should go for.  It's your chance not to use hindsight for a change. Go on I look forward to your suggestions as you obviously have a good eye for talent.
I didn't comment in the players you mention because I had already on that on another thread.
But I'll do it again just for you, and my list is better than yours-
FYFE
Bastinac
Carlisle
Black
Guntson
Reed
Christensen
Stratton
Duriea

And I'll bring up anything I like in any topic if I think it relevant especially if it's part of our history. If you want to put your head in the sand that's fine by me. I'd hope we could learn from it. 

To be honest I don't watch any TAC footy, so all I can go on is what I see on YouTube. And I have said in a previous post I really like the look of Jayen Laverde and from a 5 minute clip I like the look at what I see. Last year I posted Luke Dunstan as who at our pick I would have taken. Had a pretty good year too just quietly.

I am way more qualified in making judgement on players I watch in the AFL and more importantly the mighty Tigers. I watch a lot of footy much to my wife's disgust.

Nothing would make me happier if Griff turned the corner, we need it if we are ever going to improve as a side.  I'm sorry though, blind faith is something I'm not good at.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
And I have said in a previous post I really like the look of Jayen Laverde and from a 5 minute clip I like the look at what I see.

Isnt this how we got JON