Author Topic: How do we fix the culture that will stop us from achieving anything like today?  (Read 4376 times)

Gigantor

Mrakov for the love of mike how in blazes did you reach that conclusion on Lennon after his first season and a few cameo appearances in the ones

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Gig its a numbers game.

Was lennon a top 3 pick? No

Who found him? Francis Jackson

Unfortunately it doesnt look good for the lad, Mrakov is probably right.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back!!!

Well I reckon you are all wrong
Bit if " tweaking" over the pre season and we will be top 4
what kind of tweaking ? Change of gameplan ?

Just developing of players further
Lennon, Miles etc
how much more upside do you want from miles ffs he went at nearly 25 disposals a game. 4.5 tackles 6.6 clearances 11.1 cp. thats comparable with cotchins yr which statistically was his second best so far. we want to hope miles can reproduce his season instead of expecting even more.hes now going to get plenty of work put into him by other clubs.
as for lennon we damn well had better get some improvement from him but fair dinkum what sort of impact do we really expect from what will be a second yr med fwd.
lack of depth, lack of quality and lack of proper list structure will again be a big problem.

we lack a real good inside mid big bodied bugger, we lack  a super quick highly skilled hard running mid.the reality is we should be looking to double that but hey one step at a time.
welack  2 quality  sml/med fwd. we lack 1 genuine kpf, we lack 1 tall fwd, we lack   2 kpds, we lack  1 decent  mature ruckman,we lack  1 junior ruckman, we lack 2 sml / med defenders, 
 it all cant be done in one yr and then you have development time. what im saying is we need proper list structure and a hell of a lot of depth. one injury to one good player in each category and we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

i have a question for all. of the 36 players left on the list how many do people envision being there by the start of say 2018 and who.

Miles will improve
Was ordinary during pre season thus he never got promoted till mid year
Even Miles said that
Plenty of upside then

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Mrakov for the love of mike how in blazes did you reach that conclusion on Lennon after his first season and a few cameo appearances in the ones
dont worry how, just remember I made the big call like I always do when it happens  :shh not afraid to make the hard calls early

Unlik some  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
dont worry how, just remember I made the big call like I always do when it happens  :shh not afraid to make the hard calls early

Unlik some  :shh

Suggest a trade while he still has currency? Might still get first-round status for him...

But to me he needs more time/opportunity.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Well I reckon you are all wrong
Bit if " tweaking" over the pre season and we will be top 4
what kind of tweaking ? Change of gameplan ?

Just developing of players further
Lennon, Miles etc
how much more upside do you want from miles ffs he went at nearly 25 disposals a game. 4.5 tackles 6.6 clearances 11.1 cp. thats comparable with cotchins yr which statistically was his second best so far. we want to hope miles can reproduce his season instead of expecting even more.hes now going to get plenty of work put into him by other clubs.
as for lennon we damn well had better get some improvement from him but fair dinkum what sort of impact do we really expect from what will be a second yr med fwd.
lack of depth, lack of quality and lack of proper list structure will again be a big problem.

we lack a real good inside mid big bodied bugger, we lack  a super quick highly skilled hard running mid.the reality is we should be looking to double that but hey one step at a time.
welack  2 quality  sml/med fwd. we lack 1 genuine kpf, we lack 1 tall fwd, we lack   2 kpds, we lack  1 decent  mature ruckman,we lack  1 junior ruckman, we lack 2 sml / med defenders, 
 it all cant be done in one yr and then you have development time. what im saying is we need proper list structure and a hell of a lot of depth. one injury to one good player in each category and we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

i have a question for all. of the 36 players left on the list how many do people envision being there by the start of say 2018 and who.

Miles will improve
Was ordinary during pre season thus he never got promoted till mid year
Even Miles said that
Plenty of upside then

He's not going to come out and say "I was stuffing ripping it up. The coach mist be demented", is he

Jackstar is back!!!

Miles said he didn't have the right base work during pre season and needed to work on his deficiencies

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Miles said he didn't have the right base work during pre season and needed to work on his deficiencies

That doesn't fit in with the Hardwick bashers view of the world Jack

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
It is a simple fix, get the best recruiting team/list management team we can. Our current one has too low a strike rate.
Our current list needs a severe overhaul, we probably have 4, elite (ish) in Cotchin, Rance, Martin and Delidio 6 good players Miles, Astbury, Grimes (yes Grimes), Maric, Edwards, Riewoldt, Vlastuin, Ellis maybe Griffith 
My definition of an elite player is one who would get a game at any club in the league, A good player would probably be in Hawthorm or Sydneys best 15 - 24
The rest you could not expect them to get a game in any other TOP club in the league
Our developers are Lennon, McBean (untouchable)
Agree or disagree I don't care, and I have probably left someone out of somewhere and offended someone
FFS get some decent recruiters in and overhaul this list. Until we do, you can forget winning a flag or even being competitive.
I am happy to support the club no matter what but what I cannot understand is how other clubs pick up gems at number 55 in the draft and we can't turn a top draft pick into an elite player and more often that not turn them into raving psychos who don't know what to do.
We also need a non compromising team attitude. The fact that Newman put his hand up is pitiful. If he was a team player and at a TOP club like Hawthorn or Sydney he would not even embarrass himself by taking up a spot in the side, an absolute disgrace and shows our club and team mentality.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:00:21 PM by MintOnLamb »

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
So you don't think Jack Riewoldt would be guaranteed a game at all other 17 clubs?

And don't rate Ellis as a good player?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
So you don't think Jack Riewoldt would be guaranteed a game at all other 17 clubs?

Its not like he has kicked over 50 goals per season for the last four or something

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
I think the club needs more depressed supporters with big egos.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT

sorry modified, yes Ellis is great and I would not want hhi traded.
Do you believe Riewoldt would be a walk up start at Sydney or Hawthorn? I don't think so but would be happy to be proven wrong