Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38309 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »
Richmond's first NAB Challenge match will be a twilight fixture against the Western Bulldogs at Whitten Oval.

The Tigers will be without skipper Trent Cotchin, who is suffering "minor hamstring soreness", and joint vice-captain Brett Deledio (achilles). New leadership group member Steve Morris will be acting captain.

Midfield stars Cotchin and Deledio are both expected to play later in the pre-season competition.

Hardwick said the Tigers would go in with a young side against the Bulldogs and would filter their more establish players back into the line-up in their second and third NAB Challenge fixtures.

"It's going to be a great opportunity for our fans to get down and see the majority of our one-to-four-year players, which I'm really excited about," he said. "Every draft pick from last year will be lining up apart from Corey Ellis (foot), so it's a good opportunity for our fans to see the young talent coming through."

The coach enthused about the strong competition for key-forward spots to partner spearhead Jack Riewoldt.

"We've got (Ben) Griffiths, (Liam) McBean and Ty Vickery competing really hard and really well for (those spots)," he said.

"We're probably blessed, whereas sides are probably crying out for key forwards. We've got a lot of depth in that area so we're excited to put them all out on the park at some stages to see how they all go together.

"They're all capable goalkickers and they're all very good players, (but) we unfortunately just can't put them all in the same side. So we're just going to have to work our way through that."

The AFL has encouraged fans to pre-purchase tickets to guarantee entry and also arrive early to avoid queues before Saturday's 4.40pm clash at Whitten Oval.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-26/rance-still-a-chance-hardwick#sthash.IBzU2ngF.dpuf

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
Less than 1500 tickets remain for Saturday’s pre-season match between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs at Whitten Oval.

Tiger fans heading to the game are urged to pre-purchase their tickets via Ticketmaster, to guarantee entry and avoid disappointment.

Should capacity be available on the day, a limited number of Club or AFL Members will be able to scan into the venue, however all members and fans are strongly encouraged to upgrade or purchase tickets in advance.

Those attending the match are also advised to allow plenty of time to arrive at the venue and take public transport where possible, as car parking options are limited.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-02-27/tickets-limited-for-opening-preseason-match

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2015, 10:22:11 PM »
Was on for going until my bro pulled the pin this arvo. dag nabit.

Fox footy it is.

Stay tuned for Dooks' commentary right here, on this thread  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »
I'll be there.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2015, 03:06:31 AM »
The Dogs are taking this practice game seriously and pumping themselves up in the media.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/newlook-bulldogs-ready-to-be-unleashed-in-richmond-clash-20150227-13qnre.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
Always want to win, at the very least I want to see this lineup up have a red hot go!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
Footys baaaaaaack , yeah  :dancing
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2015, 09:00:54 AM »
Have my ticket

Can't wait  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:10 AM »
Yes , Ill be there, in fact got our tickets for all 3 NAB games, if Lavington is half as good as Wang last year it will be awesome

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2015, 09:07:34 AM »
Was on for going until my bro pulled the pin this arvo. dag nabit.

Fox footy it is.

Stay tuned for Dooks' commentary right here, on this thread  :gotigers

Talking in the 3rd person eh? HRT is impressed.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:53 AM »
I'm tipping Elton to surprise a few people :shh

No More

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »
Im tipping that Ill be enjoying some nice hot dogs and beer whilst watching the footy on Tv.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
I'm tipping that the sledging will be "ramping" up when the doggies shoot out of the boxes at 4:40 (rumour is beveridge has been using live baiting on his players in the off season)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

No More

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »
I'm tipping that the sledging will be "ramping" up when the doggies shoot out of the boxes at 4:40 (rumour is beveridge has been using live baiting on his players in the off season)

when we go out with 7 or 8 new players most of whom have never played before theres no point sledging. Besides Whitten Oval is a poo hole. No one takes it seriously. What we should be looking for is players showing in different passages of play that they can actually do the business. the result today doesn't mean poo although if we fluke a win it would be terrific for the young boys playing.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »
Didn't think 6 odd bucks was too much to fork out, hutchy said on sen it's a sellout or he just being a journo flog?