Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38268 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
Thought Butler looked the goods today, has football smarts and very quick off the mark, could fill a small forward role at some point.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2015, 07:15:13 PM »
Looked very handy ty, another one of fj s smokies  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
Play stopped. A Dog's been cleaned up by his own teammate.

Hahahahaha.

Jeesus Geez they're pathetic.
Our mostly VFL side vs full strength Dogs plus we're playing one player less. It's meaningless preseason game anyway.
Why do our fans always peddle the easy excuse to justify not winning?

Do we want to win or cover arses?
It was a Practice Match FFS! It's for trialling new players, new positions and new strategies, as well as getting runs into the players legs and blow out the cobwebs. There's a reason why the NAB Cup was scrapped - most sides didn't take it seriously anymore. We also play these muppets in round 2 so why show our hand now. Reminds me of people bagging Ange for the Socceroos' ordinary form in friendlies prior to the Asian Cup. Only the real stuff matters.

By the way, at full strength, on their home deck they train on every day yet we've never played on, the Dogs should have flogged our VFL side by 10-15 goals. Most of our kids stood up in their first game together.

Anyway, I bet the Dogs would swap this meaningless win for ZERO points for no knee injury to Libba. We got through unscathed which is all that matters in the end.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2015, 07:21:26 PM »
Thought Butler looked the goods today, has football smarts and very quick off the mark, could fill a small forward role at some point.
Agree with that. Has huge upside.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »
BTW are the umpires still sponsored by OPSM, looked like they got caught short with the four umpire system so could only supply one lens per umpire ;) Couple of woeful decisions in the last quarter clearly shown to be wrong by TV replays.

No More

« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2015, 07:35:23 PM »
Agree with that. Has huge upside.

yeah agree with all that, thought most of our kids showed very good signs today.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »

Hahahahaha.

Our mostly VFL side vs full strength Dogs plus we're playing one player less. It's meaningless preseason game anyway.

It was a Practice Match FFS! It's for trialling new players, new positions and new strategies, as well as getting runs into the players legs and blow out the cobwebs. There's a reason why the NAB Cup was scrapped - most sides didn't take it seriously anymore. We also play these muppets in round 2 so why show our hand now. Reminds me of people bagging Ange for the Socceroos' ordinary form in friendlies prior to the Asian Cup. Only the real stuff matters.

By the way, at full strength, on their home deck they train on every day yet we've never played on, the Dogs should have flogged our VFL side by 10-15 goals. Most of our kids stood up in their first game together.

Anyway, I bet the Dogs would swap this meaningless win for ZERO points for no knee injury to Libba. We got through unscathed which is all that matters in the end.
:bow :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2015, 07:50:15 PM »
10-12 players rested and out there with kids and Elton playing as a key back.
Dogs had virtually a full team.
Thought we defended well and Vlaustin was great. Other than 2 OOTF in the last quarter.
Our kicking out of defence was terrible at times but anyway.
Thought the hitout was good kids overall were great and we got more of it out than they did.
Good to see 4 umpires still can't get the job done properly with a blindsided umpire awarding a mark t Stringer he clearly dropped right in front of the boundary umpire to get the Dogs back in the game.
If they can't put us away with a team of kids they will struggle.
More for us to take home.
Hopefully some later round picks will

Already like Castagna and Butler from the newbies.
Thought Elton was good too.
Miles was good in the middle.
Knights looked good and sharp.
Batch looked ok in patches too.
Liked McKenzie in patches too.

Now for the bad ones and they will sound like a broken record but I thought
Grimes made a few blues,
Why why why Ty? Undisciplined and uninterested.That 3rd quarter free was from someone IMHO who still hasn't got his head right.

Overall liked what I saw. Hopefully we can get some later picks to step up and fill a few holes in our list.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

Hahahahaha.

Look, I get the whole under 23 side thing. But it would have had a huge upside to say our kids beat their full strength side. Too many site members just rolling with (and defending) our loss when we could have won.

That concerns many of us because for some reason some here are always happy to default to the excuses that are available. 

IF this is the culture of the fans, God help us if it's the culture of the club.

Realistically though, shots on goal were a concern. We should of lost by a lot more.

That aside, I couldn't care less, but I'm a little confused as to what cobwebs were so 'critical' to be blown out if we were playing such a young squad?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
I was actually impressed a little by Shaun Clampsem. Has to find another gear but that should be the bare minimum of what he provides week in week out.

Vickery has officially lost me

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2015, 08:36:32 PM »
hmm lots of comments about the dogs being at or near full strength and its used as some sort of justification or get out of jail free card.  most havent added we actually played less players aged 22 and under.it was two pretty young sides. by my count they had 15 under 22s we had 12.
what is disappointing is so many are clearly playing for a spot in the 22 and they played like millionaires. its like the side is already decided and the players know it.

very ordinary game that was very hard to watch with little to enthuse about. i cant see too many from that game getting a senior gig or surpassing the regulars.
again i ask why anot a better balanced side with more of our better players being spread thru each game giving the younger blokes a better chance to shine. might have even won this game if we had played 3 or 4 more of our better types.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2015, 08:38:40 PM »

Hahahahaha.

Look, I get the whole under 23 side thing. But it would have had a huge upside to say our kids beat their full strength side. Too many site members just rolling with (and defending) our loss when we could have won.

That concerns many of us because for some reason some here are always happy to default to the excuses that are available. 

IF this is the culture of the fans, God help us if it's the culture of the club.

Realistically though, shots on goal were a concern. We should of lost by a lot more.

That aside, I couldn't care less, but I'm a little confused as to what cobwebs were so 'critical' to be blown out if we were playing such a young squad?
  :clapping :clapping

As our song states....."If we're behind then never mind
We'll fight and fight and win!"

Breed a never say die winning culture no matter who is playing.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
I was actually impressed a little by Shaun Clampsem. Has to find another gear but that should be the bare minimum of what he provides week in week out.

Vickery has officially lost me
You were impressed by the big spud? Maybe your easily pleased .

Anyway welcome aboard the Ty "sideshow bob" Vickery disapproval society, nice to have you aboard. There is still room in the Hamspud hatred committee if you ever come to your senses. :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »
The sky is falling

The sky is falling

Oh my god

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »
10-12 players rested and out there with kids and Elton playing as a key back.
Dogs had virtually a full team.
Thought we defended well and Vlaustin was great. Other than 2 OOTF in the last quarter.
Our kicking out of defence was terrible at times but anyway.
Thought the hitout was good kids overall were great and we got more of it out than they did.
Good to see 4 umpires still can't get the job done properly with a blindsided umpire awarding a mark t Stringer he clearly dropped right in front of the boundary umpire to get the Dogs back in the game.
If they can't put us away with a team of kids they will struggle.
More for us to take home.
Hopefully some later round picks will

Already like Castagna and Butler from the newbies.
Thought Elton was good too.
Miles was good in the middle.
Knights looked good and sharp.
Batch looked ok in patches too.
Liked McKenzie in patches too.

Now for the bad ones and they will sound like a broken record but I thought
Grimes made a few blues,
Why why why Ty? Undisciplined and uninterested.That 3rd quarter free was from someone IMHO who still hasn't got his head right.

Overall liked what I saw. Hopefully we can get some later picks to step up and fill a few holes in our list.

I would add short to the list, was right in amongst it tackling, spoiling and slotted a goal too.
Lots of people name their swords......