Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38229 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2015, 11:48:19 PM »
and I hope he does it hard too.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2015, 01:33:38 AM »
Well....where to from here?

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2015, 01:37:21 AM »
13th
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2015, 07:02:53 AM »
Well....where to from here?

Maybe OER could start an online collection for him since he is doing it tough?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2015, 07:25:32 AM »
Have a heart people.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

No More

« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2015, 08:46:25 AM »
I don't give a stuff either. In the end hes just an opposition player.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2015, 09:01:59 AM »

Righteo Ramps you have just been elected president of the online collection committee

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »

Righteo Ramps you have just been elected president of the online collection committee

And Ox can be the secretary

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2015, 09:11:43 AM »
why are people so unkind?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2015, 09:39:33 AM »
Anyways back to Richmond's performance..

Of the youngsters the one's that caught my eye most in glimpses were:

Short - Clean by hand and foot. Good determination.
Elton - Thought he beat Boyd on the day. Both developing players just that one doesn't cost a mil. Elts may yet make it..
Arnot - Not really sure why Dimma doesn't rate him because he impressed yesterday. There's plenty of competition though for a midfield role at Richmond.
Butler - Bit of a dasher and looks to take the game on. Involved in some very nice patches of play.
Castagna - Another dasher. Looks to have been encouraged to go for it.
Mackenzie - This fella is a brute but also looks like he can play. One to watch..

Slightly disappointing were the MMMs McBean, Menadue & McDonough. Can't get disheartened at this early stage though.

Of the more senior players as others have said Knights looks to be recovered from injury. Whether he can force his way back to AFL footy though remains. Game not getting any slower.

Lambert showed plenty early doors. I think he will fit in just fine. Adds to our depth inside. Doubt he plays round 1 though.

One of Hunt or Petterd will be in the starting 22.
Grimes and Vlaustin showed that they will be locks with solid performances on the day.

No doubt the clubs is building it's strength. Getting harder to choose a round 1 side with certainty.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »
Agree that McBean is a mile off senior AFL footy.  Just doesn't have the body yet and is more a crumbing forward rather than key forward.  Skills are good and showed a few nice signs.  Think McKenzie will play before Liam. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »
I think the game showed more about our so called senior or fringe players.

Hamspud- give up he's useless, contributes nothing & taps to no one in particular. Let's hope and pray Maric doesn't get injured. Worst decision ever!
Vickery - nothing's changed! We should've traded him when he had currency, disinterested and a cocky prick that thinks he's good because everyone at Richmond tells him he is. Proving a dud 1st round pick fail.
Grigg -  lollipop king. Useless softy that wouldn't get a game at the bulldogs. Nothing's changed.
Petterd - another lollipop useless fringe dweller that likes to ball-watch & get it easy. Nothing's changed.
Morris - did ok.
Grimes - very disappointing performance from a so called leader. Expected more from him.
Batchelor - battled hard but looked like he was battling hard.
Vlastuin - limited game time but does everything you'd expect a future leader to do but he does need to have more composure when kicking under pressure.
Arnot - showed he's worth persisting with and that he should be ahead of Grigg & Petterd for a senior spot.
Lennon - did ok. But I expect more from a first round player. He's no Vlastuin or Miles that's for sure.
Hunt - looks as though he doesn't mind going in for the hard ball.
Miles - miles ahead of anyone else that played on the field.
Knights - could've got more ball & I expected more. He still looks a classy player that's capable of delivering a solid performance in the seniors. Hopefully the limited opportunities and injuries of the past stay in the past and he uses those disappointments as motivation for a great season for us this year.  :pray
Secret weapon.  :shh
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:55:35 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2015, 03:09:11 PM »
Bit harsh comparing Petterd to Grigg - he might be a hack but soft is one thing he definitely isn't. Said all along that if Hardwick insists on playing him, it needs to be as a defensive forward -  his best football at Melbourne was in that role and his best play at Richmond has been when he's been thrown forward. He's a liabilty in the backline.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »
Bit harsh comparing Petterd to Grigg - he might be a hack but soft is one thing he definitely isn't. Said all along that if Hardwick insists on playing him, it needs to be as a defensive forward -  his best football at Melbourne was in that role and his best play at Richmond has been when he's been thrown forward. He's a liabilty in the backline.
He's a liability period.
I'm not comparing at all only stating my opinion on these softy types that like to play lollipop footy and wait for the easy ball out the back.
We wont win finals with these blokes getting senior games. Until we can find hardnut types like Vlastuin that can replace these blokes we are stuck in no mans land between 8th and 9th hoping beyond hope to get a finals birth and be satisfied getting there and with mediocrity and with mediocre players that won't and can't win their own ball. 
I'm sick of these Pansy's & we better beat the scum round 1...I don't care who is playing!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
Grimes' post-match interview:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-03-02/preseason-round-1-grimes-postmatch

* For us, the game was all about the development of our younger players and getting on with our ball movement that we’ve been practising through the pre-season. We’ve implemented some new things, so it was really good to see patches of that throughout the game.

* I think it’s always a great learning opportunity to play against players that are bigger than you and out-body you. I was lucky – that’s what I was exposed to in the first half of my career. So I think they’ll run with the opportunity they’ve had today, to really learn how to play against some of the best players in the competition. If anything, it’s been a great learning opportunity today. 

* There are definitely some areas for improvement but I think that hit-out’s held us in good stead for the rest of the NAB Cup and hopefully get into some good form right before the proper season starts.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-02/grimes-in-praise-of-tiger-youth