Author Topic: Richmond interested in Giant Jack Steele [merged]  (Read 13858 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond interested in Giant Jack Steele [merged]
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2016, 12:05:31 AM »
Handy yes, hardworking yes but not elite, we will have so many vanilla style players we may as well change our strip to vanilla. We need bona fide elite skillful fast and strong midfielders otherwise we are just replacing same with same and will continue to tread water in this competition.
Tough call on a kid who has play 10 odd games in his first year of AFL footy in a side with excess first round picks all vying for a spot on ball.
I'd prefer to see him in the middle than Grigg, Townsend or Moore. Surely?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2016, 12:34:34 AM »
If he cements his spot this year, we'll be up against it as I'd imagine GWS would be fairly keen to keep him considering he actually comes from Sydney and I also doubt he'd want to leave his home town if he's getting games.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:36 AM »
Who REALISTICALLY would get us first or second round picks that are expendable? BEllis? Griff? Vickery? Conca?
Would you lose a wink of sleep if you never saw any of these guys in a Tigers jumper ever again?

Yes, maybe (need some luck), yes, no unless we can trade to a club as stupid as us
No

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2016, 09:18:19 AM »
Seeing so many here rate Bitchelor, surely he would be in the mix to trade, I mean we have so many players of the same ilk!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2016, 09:32:05 AM »
Seeing so many here rate Bitchelor, surely he would be in the mix to trade, I mean we have so many players of the same ilk!!

Geez you are petty. Do you have to bring your personal little tiffs into every thread?

Never seen a poster quicker to dig up an old argument or say "I told you so".

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
according to the Prospectus Steele is a tackling machine with iffy kicking...... Townsend Mk II? having said that i do rate the kid. as for getting picks Vickery is an agent so if he left it'd get us a 2nd at least.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2016, 11:28:42 AM »

Geez you are petty. Do you have to bring your personal little tiffs into every thread?

Really, here I was thinking this was a forum. Can't we discuss the potential Batchelor has a trade bait, seeing so many think he has worth??? What is personal about that, it's an open forum and we can discuss these issues.

Thanks very much I will take that as a compliment. :snidegrin

Now stick to the topic if you don't mind.. :thumbsup

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »

Really, here I was thinking this was a forum. Can't we discuss the potential Batchelor has a trade bait, seeing so many think he has worth??? What is personal about that, it's an open forum and we can discuss these issues.

If you think bachelor is rubbish - why would another club give anything decent  for him

More so an expansion side who's list has been forged out of th best kids in australia over five years
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »

If you think bachelor is rubbish - why would another club give anything decent  for him

More so an expansion side who's list has been forged out of th best kids in australia over five years

Go and read my post FFS, I said "Seeing so many here rate Bitchelor, surely he would be in the mix to trade"....so I'm interested to see what the Batch lovers think he is worth to other clubs.. :help

"Rucks:

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »

i dont buy that argument.

dont we and still rate hampspud, grigg, chaplin and the big girl griffiths?

clubs can make dumb decisions and just because we dont rate them, doesnt mean fools like our club dont.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »
I am skeptical other clubs are as stupid as Richmond.

Especially the better runs ones
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »
Saints join race for promising GWS mid

AFL.com.au
28 July 2016

ST KILDA has joined the race for promising Greater Western Sydney midfielder Jack Steele.

The 20-year-old missed last week with a fractured hand but has been a solid contributor in the Giants' star-studded midfield in his first two seasons playing 17 games.

He has played 10 games this season without dominating but he is a ball magnet in the NEAFL and an excellent in-and-under type at AFL level.

AFL.com.au understands the out-of-contract Steele is yet to consider his future beyond this season as he concentrates on regaining his spot in the Giants team as it heads into its first finals series.

The Saints are building a list with a strong mix of experience and youth and are understood to be keen on continuing to bolster its midfield.

They have performed well this season winning seven of their last nine games to remain a rough chance for a finals spot and are becoming an attractive proposition for emerging talent.

Steele has averaged 15 disposals in just his second year and looks a strong type who would complement the midfield at several clubs although the Giants are believed to be keen to retain him.

The Canberra-product was picked at selection No.24 in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft after North Melbourne made a bid for him at pick No.15 under the AFL Academy Bidding System.

He made his debut in round 12 last season forcing his way into the line-up and performing well. 

Steele has been linked in earlier reports with Richmond and Carlton and would be expected to have several suitors if he did decide to move from the Giants.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-28/saints-join-race-for-promising-gws-mid-jack-steele

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2016, 10:24:24 PM »
There's probably at least half a dozen gettable GWS players better than Steele or with a higher ceiling. Prefer Crouch from Adelaide if we're going for that type.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2016, 12:21:12 AM »
Move over Port and Carlton, GWS are our new obsession :clapping

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016, 03:18:24 AM »
Yes - so we can all marvel as Moneyblair & Danny Boy somehow manage to miss the 30 talented kids on their list and grab another Townsend... :gotigers

- Thomas Sowell