Author Topic: Demon Jack Trengove could be traded to Richmond (Herald-Sun)  (Read 51229 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Demon Jack Trengove could be traded to Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Dan Richo had everyone thinking that we were going after a broken down Lada in Jason Winderlich, even went on radio an lied about it to the masses making them think we were going to pick up that drug addicted spud,,, WRONG, while Richo has been playing the media on a break, FJ has been panning for gold deep in the cesspool that is Melbourne Fc  :shh getting his man,,,, pretty shrewd pickup by the tigers, i like it,,,, a lott ,, AGAIN :shh
hhhhaaarrggh or if we are gunna spin  stories. maybe he got so desperate to do a trade he threw up pick 12 for a bloke with a serious foot injury that could be career threatening and the same bloke has a 5 yr career record to date that is not worthy of giving up pick 12.  oh i love how the blind follow the flute of the rfc piper.
never thinking just following.
Will bump when deal pays off :shh
oh you think im against the deal. im undecided and instead of going geez its jack trengove he was a number two pick 6 yrs ago its worth doing the deal. i look and try to see the negatives as well.
do you remember a bloke called shaun hampson, we gave up pick 28 for him. well its not just trnngoves injury that is a concern his performances are not that great overall decent is how i would put it.
. im seriously asking and weighing up if hes worth pick 12 based on performances to date, just like i asked the same thing about hampson. im asking myself what kid could possibly be there that will maybe serve us better and is worth pick 12.
then i look at our recent past and the lack of nd picks on juniors and ask is it wise to trade out of the first rnd of the nd after so many yrs of compromised drafts and taking so few kids.

its a tough decision weighing up risk v reward.
 usually with a pick around 12 your asking yourself which kid  is better than good and could be hopefully vry good to elite. failure with this pick should not come into it though it does happen now and again.
with trengove we are weighing up a boom or bust scenario with injury, plus  we have a 5 yr afl window to judge if he will become very good to elite.nothing in his performances suggests that. to me solid citizen is what i see and stats and kpis over the last 5 yrs  back it up.he is talented though and the teaser is its possible this could get better.

all im suggesting is rather than jumping in and going wowee trengove was a pick 2 we have to get him,  weigh everything up instead. once a player is drafted where he was taken is irrelevant, they live or die on the backs of their performances. im just not sure his performances coupled with his foot warrants pick 12. and i worry about our participation in the nd to top this off.
FJ will nail pick 23 anyway, don't worry about that  :shh
gotta love the blind faith of the eternal optimist.. hasnt got one right past pick 18 in 9 yrs  but then again i suppose if he goes to the well often enough hes bound to get one right. lets hope its this yr eh it may need to be. ;)
He's sending up Bo claw. :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
Dan Richo had everyone thinking that we were going after a broken down Lada in Jason Winderlich, even went on radio an lied about it to the masses making them think we were going to pick up that drug addicted spud,,, WRONG, while Richo has been playing the media on a break, FJ has been panning for gold deep in the cesspool that is Melbourne Fc  :shh getting his man,,,, pretty shrewd pickup by the tigers, i like it,,,, a lott ,, AGAIN :shh
hhhhaaarrggh or if we are gunna spin  stories. maybe he got so desperate to do a trade he threw up pick 12 for a bloke with a serious foot injury that could be career threatening and the same bloke has a 5 yr career record to date that is not worthy of giving up pick 12.  oh i love how the blind follow the flute of the rfc piper.
oh you think im against the deal. im undecided and instead of going geez its jack trengove he was a number two pick 6 yrs ago its worth doing the deal. i look and try to see the negatives as well.
do you remember a bloke called shaun hampson, we gave up pick 28 for him. well its not just trnngoves injury that is a concern his performances are not that great overall decent is how i would put it.
. im seriously asking and weighing up if hes worth pick 12 based on performances to date, just like i asked the same thing about hampson. im asking myself what kid could possibly be there that will maybe serve us better and is worth pick 12.
then i look at our recent past and the lack of nd picks on juniors and ask is it wise to trade out of the first rnd of the nd after so many yrs of compromised drafts and taking so few kids.

usually with a pick around 12 your asking yourself which kid  is better than good and could be hopefully vry good to elite. failure with this pick should not come into it though it does happen now and again.
with trengove we are weighing up a boom or bust scenario with injury, plus  we have a 5 yr afl window to judge if he will become very good to elite.nothing in his performances suggests that. to me solid citizen is what i see and stats and kpis over the last 5 yrs  back it up.he is talented though and the teaser is its possible this could get better.

all im suggesting is rather than jumping in and going wowee trengove was a pick 2 we have to get him,  weigh everything up instead. once a player is drafted where he was taken is irrelevant, they live or die on the backs of their performances. im just not sure his performances coupled with his foot warrants pick 12. and i worry about our participation in the nd to top this off.
gotta love the blind faith of the eternal optimist.. hasnt got one right past pick 18 in 9 yrs  but then again i suppose if he goes to the well often enough hes bound to get one right. lets hope its this yr eh it may need to be. ;)
He's sending up Bo claw. :lol
as in taking the pee, sheesh my aplogies if so.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »
as in taking the pee, sheesh my aplogies if so.

Yep  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »
Not sending up anybody
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

Exactly,  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »

Exactly,  :shh
Exhibit A, your Honour!  :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »
 :shh

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2014, 06:06:19 PM »
Rumors deal is done are circulating. :whistle

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2014, 06:08:10 PM »
Inb4 meltdown

tony_montana

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »
You know what? If it is and they have done their due diligence on the injury then good on them for going for it. Trengove (fit) and pick 23 should be better than 12 in theory anyway.

I've heard McDonough back to Adelaide on the cards

Rampstar

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »
You know what? If it is and they have done their due diligence on the injury then good on them for going for it. Trengove (fit) and pick 23 should be better than 12 in theory anyway.

After giving it consideration and taking everything into account if our doctors have passed him in terms of his navicular then I am supportive. We needed to get another inside midfielder to take some heat of the likes of Miles and Cotchin. If we get 23 as well then the risk reward is on our side, if his foot doesn't hold up then we have to hope 23 comes through and plays senior footy. So its a thumbs up from me if its gone through  :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »
Leah's a catch either the Tigers. Get Trengove but give away a great young prospect in Matthew Mcdougnhon

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
I'm with you Ramps.

the claw

« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »

you know what im close to that as well.im undecided if its a good or bad thing. i think what sways me to not wanting him is being out of the first rnd in the first uncompromised draft in yrs.especially after what we did last yr.
 im just pointing out to everyone some pros and cons here. its always funny to see the reactions when the cons are mentioned though.