Author Topic: Demon Jack Trengove could be traded to Richmond (Herald-Sun)  (Read 51231 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Demon Jack Trengove could be traded to Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2014, 09:04:37 AM »
No. from what i've seen he has no heart. not the kinda player we want, especially from that melbourne culture.

Rampstar

« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2014, 10:14:20 AM »
can they do foot transplants these days. wheres OER'S online doc when you need him?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2014, 10:29:02 AM »
Still limping, won't start training till Xmas.
Had surgery in April. To ybb, how would they medically assess his foot?
not true hes ready to go now
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Gigantor

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »
Theres such a fine line between failure and success.One player can sometimes make the world of difference ,look at what Miles did to our on ball stocks when he came in.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
Still limping, won't start training till Xmas.
Had surgery in April. To ybb, how would they medically assess his foot?
If he is still limping he is finished.
Their assessment should involve clinical examination, xrays and bone scans. Even an MRI would be useful. Hopefully our medical department will do all of these things before they give him the all clear.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2014, 11:14:07 AM »
In the right environment he could realise those talents that had  every recruiter in the country tagging him either 1 or two top junior . Melb has held him back with poor development and injuries. At Tigerland with talent abounding and all the resource in the world, he could become the midfield ace we desperately need to compliment our dream team in the pivot of cotch and Milesy . Get it done  :clapping
:shh
Any idea what Melbourne FC's resources are like ?
mitch Clarke didn't rate them :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »
In the right environment he could realise those talents that had  every recruiter in the country tagging him either 1 or two top junior . Melb has held him back with poor development and injuries. At Tigerland with talent abounding and all the resource in the world, he could become the midfield ace we desperately need to compliment our dream team in the pivot of cotch and Milesy . Get it done  :clapping
hmm lets see the totally inept melbourne environment that pulled our pants this yr to the slightly less inept richmond environment. i feel sorry for the poor bugger. stay at melb and be damned. move to the tiges and be slightly less damned. hhhaaarrrggghhhhh.
you idiot....again  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »

Grimes.  Astbury.  Morris. 
Lennon.  ARance.  Deledio. 
Conca.  Trengrove.  Ellis
Martin.  Griffiths.  Cotchin. 
SEdwards.  Mcbean.  Reiwodlt. 

Maric.  Vlastuin.  Miles. 

Houli/Foley/MDea/Lloyd/gordon

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »

Don't forget Cocka
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

Don't forget Cocka

Gets houlis spot

the claw

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
Dan Richo had everyone thinking that we were going after a broken down Lada in Jason Winderlich, even went on radio an lied about it to the masses making them think we were going to pick up that drug addicted spud,,, WRONG, while Richo has been playing the media on a break, FJ has been panning for gold deep in the cesspool that is Melbourne Fc  :shh getting his man,,,, pretty shrewd pickup by the tigers, i like it,,,, a lott ,, AGAIN :shh
hhhhaaarrggh or if we are gunna spin  stories. maybe he got so desperate to do a trade he threw up pick 12 for a bloke with a serious foot injury that could be career threatening and the same bloke has a 5 yr career record to date that is not worthy of giving up pick 12.  oh i love how the blind follow the flute of the rfc piper.
never thinking just following.
Will bump when deal pays off :shh
oh you think im against the deal. im undecided and instead of going geez its jack trengove he was a number two pick 6 yrs ago its worth doing the deal. i look and try to see the negatives as well.
do you remember a bloke called shaun hampson, we gave up pick 28 for him. well its not just trnngoves injury that is a concern his performances are not that great overall decent is how i would put it.
. im seriously asking and weighing up if hes worth pick 12 based on performances to date, just like i asked the same thing about hampson. im asking myself what kid could possibly be there that will maybe serve us better and is worth pick 12.
then i look at our recent past and the lack of nd picks on juniors and ask is it wise to trade out of the first rnd of the nd after so many yrs of compromised drafts and taking so few kids.

its a tough decision weighing up risk v reward.
 usually with a pick around 12 your asking yourself which kid  is better than good and could be hopefully vry good to elite. failure with this pick should not come into it though it does happen now and again.
with trengove we are weighing up a boom or bust scenario with injury, plus  we have a 5 yr afl window to judge if he will become very good to elite.nothing in his performances suggests that. to me solid citizen is what i see and stats and kpis over the last 5 yrs  back it up.he is talented though and the teaser is its possible this could get better.

all im suggesting is rather than jumping in and going wowee trengove was a pick 2 we have to get him,  weigh everything up instead. once a player is drafted where he was taken is irrelevant, they live or die on the backs of their performances. im just not sure his performances coupled with his foot warrants pick 12. and i worry about our participation in the nd to top this off.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2014, 01:41:47 PM »
Dan Richo had everyone thinking that we were going after a broken down Lada in Jason Winderlich, even went on radio an lied about it to the masses making them think we were going to pick up that drug addicted spud,,, WRONG, while Richo has been playing the media on a break, FJ has been panning for gold deep in the cesspool that is Melbourne Fc  :shh getting his man,,,, pretty shrewd pickup by the tigers, i like it,,,, a lott ,, AGAIN :shh
hhhhaaarrggh or if we are gunna spin  stories. maybe he got so desperate to do a trade he threw up pick 12 for a bloke with a serious foot injury that could be career threatening and the same bloke has a 5 yr career record to date that is not worthy of giving up pick 12.  oh i love how the blind follow the flute of the rfc piper.
oh you think im against the deal. im undecided and instead of going geez its jack trengove he was a number two pick 6 yrs ago its worth doing the deal. i look and try to see the negatives as well.
do you remember a bloke called shaun hampson, we gave up pick 28 for him. well its not just trnngoves injury that is a concern his performances are not that great overall decent is how i would put it.
. im seriously asking and weighing up if hes worth pick 12 based on performances to date.. im asking myself what kid could possibly be there that will maybe serve us better and is worth pick 12.
then i look at our recent past and the lack of nd picks and ask is it wise to trade out of the first rnd of the nd after so many yrs of compromised drafts and taking so few kids.

usually with a pick around 12 your asking yourself which kid  is better than good and could be hopefully vry good to elite. failure with this pick should not come into it though it does happen now and again.
with trengove we are weighing up a boom or bust scenario with injury, plus  we have a 5 yr afl window to judge if he will become very good to elite.nothing in his performances suggests that. to me solid citizen is what i see and stats and kpis over the last 5 yrs  back it up.he is talented though and the teaser is its possible this could get better.

all im suggesting is rather than jumping in and going wowee trengove was a pick 2 we have to get him,  weigh everything up instead. once a player is drafted where he was taken is irrelevant, they live or die on the backs of their performances. im just not sure his performances coupled with his foot warrants pick 12. and i worry about our participation in the nd to top this off.

hhaarrghh hhhaaarrrggghhhh hhhhhaaarrrggghhh  its golden. trengove is not even a tiger yet but hes suddenly a champion.
thank god for tiger supporters.

---

oh you think im against the deal. im undecided and instead of going geez its jack trengove

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2014, 01:42:35 PM »
. im seriously asking and weighing up if hes worth pick 12 based on performances to date, just like i asked the same thing about hampson. im asking myself what kid could possibly be there that will maybe serve us better and is worth pick 12.
then i look at our recent past and the lack of nd picks on juniors and ask is it wise to trade out of the first rnd of the nd after so many yrs of compromised drafts and taking so few kids.

FJ will nail pick 23 anyway, don't worry about that  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »
He's played 80 games in 5 seasons since being drafted. Of the 30 games he's missed since he started, 20 were this year.
If he's foot can be rehabilitated then he's otherwise fine body wise.
He's a quality young man and body permitting a fine, emerging mid fielder who would benefit from support in the mid field.
People on this forum wanted a Garlett, Cooney, a completely unproven o'rourke - under the principle of calculated risk this is no different.
I'd like us to do a seperate trade to get another lowish 2nd rounder or high 1st rounder but like the thinking here.
I'm hoping our medicos know what they're doing but a rehabbed navicular isn't without precedent.
but is he a quality young footballer with a track record that warrants the use of pick12????. unlike kids in the draft he has a record that we can judge him by at the top level.

the claw

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »

FJ will nail pick 23 anyway, don't worry about that  :shh
gotta love the blind faith of the eternal optimist.. hasnt got one right past pick 18 in 9 yrs  but then again i suppose if he goes to the well often enough hes bound to get one right. lets hope its this yr eh it may need to be. ;)