Author Topic: Demon Jack Trengove could be traded to Richmond (Herald-Sun)  (Read 51264 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Demon Jack Trengove could be traded to Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2014, 11:11:57 PM »
YBB is a patient, a mental patient  :shh

Don't you hear the same voices as I do Phil?
I'm sure you do!  Voices that keep saying FJ will weave his magic in the draft etc etc.
The voice sounds remarkably like Bo's though……. :shh
hang on, are you the other tigers supporter from mont park  :shh we were in together in 93
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2014, 11:17:26 PM »

I'm sure you do!  Voices that keep saying FJ will weave his magic in the draft etc etc.
hang on, are you the other tigers supporter from mont park  :shh we were in together in 93

Is that you mate!  Wow I never thought I'd catch up with you again!
Remember that guy that set himself on fire whilst having tin foil on his head?  Hahaha, he said he thought he was skylab undergoing re-entry into the atmosphere!!!!!
Best year of my life in Mont Park! The beds were lumpy but the drugs were good! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2014, 11:18:44 PM »

Is that you mate!  Wow I never thought I'd catch up with you again!
Remember that guy that set himself on fire whilst having tin foil on his head?  Hahaha, he said he thought he was skylab undergoing re-entry into the atmosphere!!!!!
Best year of my life in Mont Park! The beds were lumpy but the drugs were good! ;D
pm sent

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2014, 02:06:36 AM »
Latest rumour is he failed his medical.

Pick 12 for Motlop anyone?

Would prefer Christianson but beggera cannot be choosers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2014, 02:41:18 AM »
From today's Age

The Tigers remain interested in Melbourne midfielder Jack Trengove, although there is still work to be done before any deal can be done. Trengove would need to pick the Tigers - he has also attracted interest from Adelaide - while finances also need to be sorted.

If a deal with Richmond is done, the Tigers would also receive the Demons' pick 23. The Demons, in return, would receive the Tigers' first-round selection, pick 12.

The Crows could give up their first pick - No.10 overall - but this would mean ceding their highest pick since being banned from the first two rounds of the national draft in 2012 and 2013 because of the Kurt Tippett sanctions.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/new-name-emerges-in-dayne-beams-deal-as-trades-heat-up-20141011-114s3k.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2014, 03:55:44 AM »
The failed medical test rumour came from the main trading board on BF:

Quote from: local
Word is Richmond will pass up the trade now.
Medical report wasn't a positive out come.

I know someone with strong connections, not at RFC but another club interested in him.  [ed. claims this person is an Adelaide board member]

They've got told from someone at Richmond that while his foot issue is manageable it will only get worse with wearing and tear playing AFL. He'll could really start struggling after 2-3 years.

Shame

They [ed. alleged Adelaide board member & his friend at Richmond] use to play together at the same club.
Like I said, they [ed. Adelaide] are consider doing their own medical check.

Quote from: Tiger71
Full of poo. Hows the weather in Adelaide ? I know 100% the medical was intensive and complete in its thoroughness. Why go on a board to lie? its quite pathetic. He has toured our facility's and even went as far as endurance/burst and kicking testing after the doc's cleared his scans. We are super confident if he agrees to come across and melbourne are still happy to trade him to us, we will take him.

If you seriously think we just walked up to melbourne on friday, well, i have 3 unicorns to sell you.

Quote from: local
Yes, I do live in Adelaide. 2 years now. Thank you for asking. :)
But I can tell you it didn't go well.
Big pass by us.
Lets wait till Monday and see what happens.

Bookmarked. You "source" is either lieing to make a fool of you, or you are making this up. Some of us who post here know the odd player. I can tell you, 100% what you have said about Trengrove's foot etc is all rubbish.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jack-trengove-to-tigerland.1079710/page-6

Got this information from a player who i happened to chat with today. Trengrove had a complete and intensive medical. If he comes across he will do a full pre season.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-discussion-2014-part-ii-current-picks-12-33-52.1079644/page-15#post-35654897

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2014, 12:11:55 PM »
I hope Adelaide give away #10 for him

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
I hope Adelaide give away #10 for him
You idiot , are you so punch drunk you actually fear success  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
Massive risk to give up pick 12 for someone who is returning from a navicular fracture.

Massive, massive risk.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »
Massive risk to give up pick 12 for someone who is returning from a navicular fracture.

Massive, massive risk.
The alleged deal would see us get their pick 23 also, TBR. So it's more like losing 11 places in the draft, as opposed to 'giving up pick 12'.

A risk, yes. But so is going to the draft... It's all risky. I think this is one worth taking.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »
What number was vlossy when we got him? Could we pick up another like him instead?
These are the pickups that will make our future, from the sounds of it he doesnt even want to come
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

the claw

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »

Massive, massive risk.
The alleged deal would see us get their pick 23 also, TBR. So it's more like losing 11 places in the draft, as opposed to 'giving up pick 12'.

A risk, yes. But so is going to the draft... It's all risky. I think this is one worth taking.
can i ask you willy. with pick 12 what are you looking for in a mid in the nd?????does trengove to date meet those expectations?????
its not just the injury we need to be looking at.
some people may write of pick 12 as a risk anyway i dont buy into that. pick 12 is an opportunity to get our hands on a very good to elite player, no more no less. so i guess based on the information we have will trengove be a very good to elite player coupled with will he over come his navicular.
hes a hard one because hes going to at least be decent we know that hes there now. but i dont see anything to support after 5 yrs in the system to say hes going to be consistently very good or elite.

i know trengove still has potential but we have  5 yrs of performance to look at when judging him.\ and i suppose for me thats the problem.
my gut tells me he could be very good possibly elite  but my brain my eyes the stats his performances to date  is saying maybe not.

after 5 yrs what sort of performance level backed up with stats are you looking for?????

for a mid of his size and type where is a realistic level he should be at. while on size its a bug bear with me. hes too sml and imo he needs more size so he can do the inside role his junior potential said he could do. imo he plays at least 5kd undewr what he needs to do the role expected. the sad thing is hes failed to gain size at all in 5 yrs. thats just one concern.

look rather than go into another long winded post that will just have most tune out i ask we look at his performances to date and ask have theyu been good enough to warrant we use pick 12 to get him.
 he was drafted as an inside out side mid good footy brain and very good skills. whe should for a bloke of his type and size be close to his potential and certainly clicked by now.
some key stats overall combined with the  attributes that has us interested in him.

attributes and potential the reason we are interested.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »
An important factor for me is the Melbourne FC factor.

Does he look average because his side is always being smashed?

Would he be more effective in a better team?

And how bad is the psychological damage of playing for such an average club in his crucial development years?

Captaincy clearly didn't do him any good either.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »

Massive, massive risk.

can i ask you willy. with pick 12 what are you looking for in a mid in the nd?????does trengove to date meet those expectations?????
its not just the injury we need to be looking at.
some people may write of pick 12 as a risk anyway i dont buy into that. pick 12 is an opportunity to get our hands on a very good to elite player, no more no less. so i guess based on the information we have will trengove be a very good to elite player coupled with will he over come his navicular.
hes a hard one because hes going to at least be decent we know that hes there now. but i dont see anything to support after 5 yrs in the system to say hes going to be consistently very good or elite.

i know trengove still has potential but we have  5 yrs of performance to look at when judging him.\ and i suppose for me thats the problem.
my gut tells me he could be very good possibly elite  but my brain my eyes the stats his performances to date  is saying maybe not.

after 5 yrs what sort of performance level backed up with stats are you looking for?????

for a mid of his size and type where is a realistic level he should be at. while on size its a bug bear with me. hes too sml and imo he needs more size so he can do the inside role his junior potential said he could do. imo he plays at least 5kd undewr what he needs to do the role expected. the sad thing is hes failed to gain size at all in 5 yrs. thats just one concern.

look rather than go into another long winded post that will just have most tune out i ask we look at his performances to date and ask have theyu been good enough to warrant we use pick 12 to get him.
 he was drafted as an inside out side mid good footy brain and very good skills. whe should for a bloke of his type and size be close to his potential and certainly clicked by now.
some key stats overall combined with the  attributes that has us interested in him.

attributes and potential the reason we are interested.

No, the clincher with me is that we get pick 23 too. I wouldn't do the trade without it.
Long story short, I think his performance is worth a fall of 11 places in a draft that is supposedly deep with midfield talent. Before he got lumped with the captaincy of a basket case and injuries set in, he looked a very good player. I think he could really flourish in our good midfield.

I don't want to debate semantics here but the draft  by nature is a risk Claw, no matter how you spin it. To say otherwise would mean it's an exact science with no chance of fail, which we all no isn't true. To choose one player  over another is a risk. Richmond fans, of all people, know this.

Actually, I thought that this would be one trade you would support.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
I just don't see the logic in this.
Not like he was carving things up in the AFL prior to his injury concerns.
He might end up being a reasonable contributor but don't expect too much.
Hasn't proven anything at the elite level yet and at 23 the clock is well ticking.
Lets use 12 to land a great young player.