Author Topic: McDonough to Adelaide rumour  (Read 7668 times)

the claw

Re: McDonough to Adelaide rumour
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »
getting rid of players like Dea and McDonough whilst signing up and playing a clearly past it Newman is just wrong

Have they been got rid of?

not yet, point is why sign up newman who should have retired 2 years ago, and look at exploring you guys who are still developing
just maybe  and its only a maybe mind :-\ . newman actually offers more to date. :o

tony_montana

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 09:06:44 PM »
getting rid of players like Dea and McDonough whilst signing up and playing a clearly past it Newman is just wrong

not yet, point is why sign up newman who should have retired 2 years ago, and look at exploring you guys who are still developing
just maybe  and its only a maybe mind :-\ . newman actually offers more to date. :o

Yeah nah not for mine - is and has been a liability for a couple of years now. Their graphs are going in opposite directions. I think Dea overtook Newman in the man on man contest stakes and think McDonough offers a shedload more run than him. Both have weaknesses to work on but with another preseason they'll be pass the plodder. Chris wont average more than 10 possessions a games next season

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
Maybe as Newman's form slides from horrid to deplorable in 2015 and keeps getting gifted games at the expense of Dea/McDonough, we will never know.

Brace yourselves for another season-long skid mark on the clubs integrity
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »
Maybe as Newman's form slides from horrid to deplorable in 2015 and keeps getting gifted games at the expense of Dea/McDonough, we will never know.

Brace yourselves for another season-long skid mark on the clubs integrity
As long as I can shout GO COCKA!!!  :gotigers (copyright Dooks 2014), I'll be happy. :cheers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 09:22:23 PM »
 :bow

It's gonna be the best!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

the claw

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »

Yeah nah not for mine - is and has been a liability for a couple of years now. Their graphs are going in opposite directions. I think Dea overtook Newman in the man on man contest stakes and think McDonough offers a shedload more run than him. Both have weaknesses to work on but with another preseason they'll be pass the plodder. Chris wont average more than 10 possessions a games next season
and yet mcdonough and dea both got 7 games  and gap in output to newman is quite a bit.
while i agree newman has to go and is not good enough and hasnt been for a few yrs dea and mcdonough at are way below newman and you really do have to adventure into the realms of reality. that reality is they too arent good enough.

people openly acknowledge newman is shizen yet those they want to replace him with are worse on exposed afl form. surely if newman is that bad these blikes shoulkd fly past him yet we arent on about them being better we go on about more opportunity. afls a hard gane and all players get to a point where they have to earn opportunity,

tony_montana

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »

and yet mcdonough and dea both got 7 games  and gap in output to newman is quite a bit.
while i agree newman has to go and is not good enough and hasnt been for a few yrs dea and mcdonough at are way below newman and you really do have to adventure into the realms of reality. that reality is they too arent good enough.

people openly acknowledge newman is shizen yet those they want to replace him with are worse on exposed afl form. surely if newman is that bad these blikes shoulkd fly past him yet we arent on about them being better we go on about more opportunity. afls a hard gane and all players get to a point where they have to earn opportunity,

Your reality or mine clawski? Love how everyone elses opinion is airy fairy but yours is the real deal - I don't think newmans output is better than theirs, it really wasn't this season (imo of course) - he is a total liability and has been for a couple of years.

the claw

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:48 PM »

Your reality or mine clawski? Love how everyone elses opinion is airy fairy but yours is the real deal - I don't think newmans output is better than theirs, it really wasn't this season (imo of course) - he is a total liability and has been for a couple of years.
im sorry tm but the reality is dea and mcdonough have performed nowhere near newmans level at afl level. every single indicator that ic an find including my own eyes says so.
you talk about differeing opinions then how about others like you back up what you say. i do.

tony_montana

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:30 PM »

im sorry tm but the reality is dea and mcdonough have performed nowhere near newmans level at afl level. every single indicator that ic an find including my own eyes says so.
you talk about differeing opinions then how about others like you back up what you say. i do.

back it up with what? Its all subjective.

Newman averaged about 13 possessions a game this season. Dea 12, McDonough 11, not a big difference especially when newmans strength is his kicking. Not getting it anywhere near enough.
Opposition teams have been going through his direct opponent for years - even when he was at his peak and offered something going forward, but back then we could wear it bc overall what he brought to the table outweighed the negatives. This year - I don't know how closely you watched him but if you have time I ask you to go to the tapes and show me more than one instance where he broke lines, his speed and run completely deserted him this season, his only possessions were prop and stop so no penetration. I really don't know that any more needs to be said in all honesty.

When he was out injured and Dea was given a run, I felt Dea offered a lot more defensively and not much less offensively, so tick for mine. McDonough is probably as bad as Newman defensively but hes not a backman so that's no surprise, and he offered a lot more run and carry than newman did. He made mistakes but he took the game on and tried to break lines, something attacking halfbacks and poor defensive players need to be able to do.

Now after all that - you'll still have your opinion and I'll have mine.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2014, 10:52:06 PM »
 :shh

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
Close thread

Rampstar

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »
Re-signed

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-15/tigers-lock-in-six

Ill give you this your good at doing PR and spin. The clubs done absolutely stuff all over 2 years at the trade table and you pull this stuff out to appease the supporters who don't know any better. What a disgrace.

I have an idea for yas - Go and trade for some good players you bozos.  :cheers

tony_montana

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »
 :clapping for both the re-signing and the rant  :lol