Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 82363 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chaplin: We have full faith in Rance (SEN)
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
Chaplin: We have full faith in Rance
Melanie Maizels
SEN
05 Feb 2015

Richmond defender Troy Chaplin says Alex Rance is facing a difficult situation and the playing group will support him no matter what he decides.

The Australian yesterday reported that the 25-year-old has put contract negotiations on hold until the end of the season.

“It’s a tough situation that Rance is in; it’s going to be talked about all year,” said Chaplin on SEN. 

“There’s always a risk you’re going to lose a player like that.”

Rance will become a free agent with speculation Fremantle is ready to launch a big money bid to try and lure the 25-year-old back home to Perth.

Chaplin told SEN’s Morning Glory that Rance has the full support of his teammates, no matter what his decision will be.

“We have the full faith in Alex making the right decision,” he said. 

“The more pressure that you put on him, the more it’s going to affect his game.”

“We’ll support him in whatever decision he makes.”

Chaplin is Hopeful Rance will stay with the Tigers because “he knows how important he is to us and our makeup.”

“We just have to worry about what we can control.”

“It’s got nothing to do with us. That’s Rancey’s decision — we’ll support him in whatever decision he makes.

“Hopefully it is to stay with the Tigers because he does know how important he is to us and our make-up ... but as a playing group it’s far from our mind.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/chaplin-we-have-full-faith-in-rance
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/alex-rance-has-tough-decision-on-future-but-richmond-teammates-have-faith-hell-stay-at-punt-road/story-fndv8t7m-1227208700583

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Richmond face distraction with Rance, Martin yet to re-sign (Australian)
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
There's a new article today in the hun too
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »
farkin great
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »
I feel he's as good as gone. At least we keep Dutsy
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
its where the club and their mantra of not overpaying players is flawed.

if its a matter of a few hundred then why the stuff are they spending it on hacks like hampson, newman and thomas etc etc

Offer rance a mil, show newman and co the door and be done with it.

anyone who thinks rance is not one of the msot important 2/3 players in our club are kidding themselves.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
Well if he has actually put talks on hold until the end of the season that says it all for me, he has gone, that's if he has put them on hold and its not just the media circus. If it is the case that has has done that then play him in the two's all year because all we are going hear about is this issue, before ever game, on every talk back show, after every game, during every game and the season will be ruined anyway...pathetic.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2015, 12:44:25 PM »
There's a new article today in the hun too

Relax and stay calm.
Aint going anywhere.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2015, 02:18:40 PM »
Well if he has actually put talks on hold until the end of the season that says it all for me, he has gone, that's if he has put them on hold and its not just the media circus. If it is the case that has has done that then play him in the two's all year because all we are going hear about is this issue, before ever game, on every talk back show, after every game, during every game and the season will be ruined anyway...pathetic.

If that happened with all players that put off contract talks until end of year a quarter of ressies players would be playing seniors

Melodramatic much

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »

If that happened with all players that put off contract talks until end of year a quarter of ressies players would be playing seniors

Melodramatic much

Then so be it. who are the other players doing the same? At Rance's level that is??

If you think so... :wallywink

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

tony_montana

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »
cannot afford to lose this bloke, nigh on the best KPD in the comp

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »
Grab your helmets on lads, THE SKY IS FALLING :outtahere

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »

Melodramatic much

Then so be it. who are the other players doing the same? At Rance's level that is??

So now you are limiting it to players at Rances level

I CBF looking because if I do you will just change direction again

:wallywink  :wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'It's in his DNA': Hardwick confident Rance to stay .... (afl site)
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »
'It's in his DNA': Hardwick confident Rance to stay
Jennifer Phelan, with AAP 
afl.com.au
February 5, 2015 1:21 PM

ALEX RANCE is part of the Richmond family and will continue to play his best football if he remains a Tiger beyond 2015, says coach Damien Hardwick.

The 25-year-old West Australian is set to become a free agent at the end of this season, one year after earning his first All Australian guernsey.

With speculation continuing to swirl around the key defender's future, Hardwick believes Rance's strong ties to the Tigers will play a key part in his decision in the coming season.

"Alex is an important player to us and he's been at the club now for eight years so it's part of his DNA," Hardwick told AFL.com.au.

"With all free agency, it's part and parcel of what we do now and Alex knows he's a required player for us and that he's part of our family.

"He'll make the required decision when it's there to be [made], but we've got no doubt this is where he'll play his best footy, at the Richmond football club, and Alex realises that also."

Rance and midfielder Dustin Martin are both key Tigers set to come out of contract at the end of the season, although the latter falls two years short of free agent status. 

Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt said he believes talk about the pair won't distract the Tigers as they enter the 2015 season and look to atone for another lost finals campaign.

"It was a fantastic year for Alex, but [they're] contract talks and I'm not his manager so I'm not going to be talking about his finances," Riewoldt said on Thursday.

"He's a required player and a great character around our football club. He's someone that you can really build a football club and a backline around.

"Whatever will be (will be) with Rancey, but I'm really looking forward to playing with him in 2015.

"Hopefully he (Martin) signs soon, but I'm looking forward to playing with him in 2015 (too)."

Martin has already been slated for an increased midfield role this season after proving a force in one-on-one contests in attack in 2014.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-05/que-sera-sera

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2015, 08:29:55 PM »

Melodramatic much

So now you are limiting it to players at Rances level

I CBF looking because if I do you will just change direction again

:wallywink  :wallywink

Yes that's right , why would you compare him to players that are not the same calibre?

Nah I will stick on the same track if you actually post something that vaguely resembles the thread we are talking about just for once... :wallywink :bow :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2015, 10:26:50 PM »
If the talks are off until season's end I reckon he's gone, but chances are he just wants to see if Hardwick can get some finals success.

He's essential to that success. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a F-wit.

Dusty at least we will get something in a trade.

AFL would probably scrap compensation if Rance left just to screw us.