Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 77804 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Alex Rance's contract discussion thread [merged]
« Reply #405 on: April 13, 2015, 09:04:32 PM »
Throw in a pink Hummer and we've got him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
Had to laugh at Carey on Talking Footy tonight. Comes out with "Rance is going; Holding off talks is unusual; Freo have offered him big money" as though he knows. Yet later on Carey says it will depend if Richmond drops off the perch or not this year. Thanks Wayne for telling us you don't know  :wallywink.

They then cut to an interview with Benny Gale about Rance's contract. Benny said it's been put off which the Club is comfortable with. We would love to get it done when we eventually sit down about it. Rance have been a very good player over the last couple of years, he's very happy here and he's very settled here. We're confident he'll will stay. 

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »
I keep wondering why Hardwick spoke out saying that players had the power when it came to free agency. Could it have been a message that we were going to lose our man.

I also wondered about that

I'd say it's more to do with him trying to act the elder statesman and espouse a view on the game. I reckon he would be horrified if Rance left Richmond - he wouldn't even be entertaining it as an option.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers 'confident' free agent Rance will re-sign (afl site)
« Reply #408 on: April 13, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »
Tigers 'confident' free agent Rance will re-sign

Giulio Di Giorgio 
afl.com.au
April 13, 2015 9:23 PM

RICHMOND is confident it will re-sign star defender Alex Rance despite his reluctance to start contract negotiations, Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale says.

The 25-year-old West Australian is set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Gale said the Tigers were waiting for Rance to indicate he was willing to begin contract talks.

“We'd be pretty keen to talk to Alex in due course … we don’t put a timeline on these things, we will be happy to speak to Alex when he’s good and ready,” Gale told Channel Seven on Monday night.

"We're very confident in the relationship he has with the club, he's very happy and settled here.

"He's been playing good football for a few years and we're confident Alex will be secured."

Rance deferred contract negotiations with Richmond in January, saying he preferred to focus on playing an important role in the Tigers' back six.

"I'm just happy doing what I'm doing now and I'll let business take care of itself later," Rance told reporters in Gippsland in February.

Fremantle is believed to have shown an interest in luring the All Australian defender back to his home state.

Last month, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said Rance was a "very important player" and was happy with the backman's contract status.

"(Football manager) Dan Richardson and his squad are doing a very good job in that area, just trying to make sure we get signatures on," Hardwick told SEN radio in March.

"We're very lucky that Dustin (Martin's) committed long-term, Trent Cotchin the same, so we're confident."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-13/tigers-confident-on-rance

No More

« Reply #409 on: April 13, 2015, 11:49:50 PM »
Great outside chance to win the Brownlow Medal IMHO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »
RICHMOND chief executive Brendon Gale said he is confident Alex Rance will re-sign with the club, despite putting contract negotiations on hold.

Rance, who was selected in last year’s All Australian team and is one of the form backmen of the competition, comes off contract at the end of 2015. He would be an unrestricted free agent, empowering him to make a move to the club of his choice.

A contract worth around $800,000 per season has reportedly been floated by Fremantle, which is keen to recruit the West Australian back to his home state.

However Gale suggested there was no panic at Punt Rd.

“We’re very confident in the relationship he has with the club, he’s very happy and settled here,” Gale told the show.

“He’s been playing good football for a few years and we’re confident Alex will be secured.”

Gale noted Richmond would not be putting a time frame on Rance’s re-signing.

“We’d be pretty keen to talk to Alex in due course. When he’s good and ready,” he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/phil-walsh-on-adelaide-captaincy-gold-coast-and-carlton-slammed-essendon-praised-after-round-2-what-you-missed-on-tv-last-night/story-e6frfkp9-1227302655713

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »
Benny is full of poo. He is leaving. I know he is because i read it on here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:47:24 PM by Go Richo 12 »

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
Had to laugh at Carey on Talking Footy tonight. Comes out with "Rance is going; Holding off talks is unusual; Freo have offered him big money" as though he knows. Yet later on Carey says it will depend if Richmond drops off the perch or not this year. Thanks Wayne for telling us you don't know  :wallywink.

They then cut to an interview with Benny Gale about Rance's contract. Benny said it's been put off which the Club is comfortable with. We would love to get it done when we eventually sit down about it. Rance have been a very good player over the last couple of years, he's very happy here and he's very settled here. We're confident he'll will stay.
sorry one eyed but freo have made a big offer.also wce have joined the race. doesnt matter where you go over here you get a rance rumour.the trouble is a few very good sources have told me freo wont die wondering.
unfortunately for us a very bad yr could tilt the scales against us thats just common sense.

my gut feel is hes going i wont be comfortable until his name is actually on the dotted line. we just have to keep our better players but in essence it is out of our hands winning games of footy and winning in a way that says top 4 would help.
i say again who could blame the bloke if he went. we have had 8 yrs to get our house in order and have failed.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
I cant see why any club wouldn't be putting in an offer for Rance.

If he does leave I blame the so called supporters who bagged him for years

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2015, 05:46:02 PM »
lol. Yeh 'cos that would be the tipping point in a multi million dollar deal.

He's gotten nothing but accolades since he got his poo together, anyway.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
Words cut deep and unlike a forum they can't be snipped and everyone pretend nothing happened

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
I cant see why any club wouldn't be putting in an offer for Rance.

If he does leave I blame the so called supporters who bagged him for years
thats golden chuckster funnier and even more nonsensical  than some of things thats come out of the clubs mouth lately.  cmon fess up your on the payroll. :lol

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »
Benny is full of poo. He is leaving. I know he his because i read it on here.

He won't be leaving

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:13 PM »
Words cut deep and unlike a forum they can't be snipped and everyone pretend nothing happened

Have heard EXACTLY the same thing. We all need to be aware of the impact of our nastiness.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2015, 07:40:38 PM »
Rumours that's what they all are just rumours.

All you love ya rumours.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:59:42 PM by WilliamPowell »