Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 77806 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance's contract discussion thread [merged]
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »
Words cut deep and unlike a forum they can't be snipped and everyone pretend nothing happened

Have heard EXACTLY the same thing. We all need to be aware of the impact of our nastiness.
Its not just the players who hear it but also their family who sit in the crowd.
I remember once talking to a player's mum who said she used to get quite cut up at what our own supporters used to say about him and she never got used to it.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2015, 08:01:03 PM »
Words cut deep and unlike a forum they can't be snipped and everyone pretend nothing happened

Have heard EXACTLY the same thing. We all need to be aware of the impact of our nastiness.
Its not just the players who hear it but also their family who sit in the crowd.
I remember once talking to a player's mum who said she used to get quite cut up at what our own supporters used to say about him and she never got used to it.

It's a good point and while most footballers wouldn't read the crap put on forums they have relatives and friends who do.

FMD instead of having a thread about moderation protection for pricks who can defend themselves how about moderation protection for people/players who can't protect themselves on this forum.

That would be something decent to do but no it's all about protecting the stuffing peanuts.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »

It's a good point and while most footballers wouldn't read the crap put on forums they have relatives and friends who do.

FMD instead of having a thread about moderation protection for pricks who can defend themselves how about moderation protection for people/players who can't protect themselves on this forum.

That would be something decent to do but no it's all about protecting the stuffing peanuts.

:facepalm

Caracella and Balmey.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2015, 09:00:35 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

ah stop it ya killing me

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
A tad vicarious, isn't it.  :chuck

"The RFC is sad to announce that Alex Rance is leaving the club, ultimately because oxx
humorously called him a horses hoof"

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2015, 10:09:33 PM »

"The RFC is sad to announce that Alex Rance is leaving the club, ultimately because oxx
What did I miss?
And why is my post deleted?
The club that keeps giving.

No More

« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:25 PM »
Rumours that's what they all are just rumours.

All you love ya rumours.

yep especially when Im the one who starts some of them  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2015, 06:51:14 AM »

For the same reason the Bulldogs supporter was kicked out of the game on Saturday....  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2015, 07:56:28 AM »

As Maxwell Smart used to say "if only he used his genius for niceness and good instead of evil and nastiness"  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »
Look, gay people have feelings too.

its time to come out of the closet and draw a line in the sand at Cottlesloe beach, to hold each other's accountables, and have the right attitude
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »
Rance has been named in the AFL website's team of the week:

ALEX RANCE (Richmond) - The key defender kept opponent Tom Boyd to just four possessions and racked up 28 himself, becoming an attacking force for the Tigers. Took 13 marks and used the ball supremely, eliminating the 'Alex Rance moments', that used the creep into his game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-14/team-of-the-week-round-two

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »
Rance has been named in the AFL website's team of the week:

ALEX RANCE (Richmond) - The key defender kept opponent Tom Boyd to just four possessions and racked up 28 himself, becoming an attacking force for the Tigers. Took 13 marks and used the ball supremely, eliminating the 'Alex Rance moments', that used the creep into his game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-14/team-of-the-week-round-two

Well we probably need another 21 of him then if we are going to go anywhere this year.  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »

For the same reason the Bulldogs supporter was kicked out of the game on Saturday....  :banghead
The post was all inclusive. I didn't leave anything out as to not offend the growing band of sexual libertarians including the possibility of same sex attraction.

To be or not to be included.....
That is the question.   

What's more offensive?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rance weighing up whether he wants to play footy beyond 2016: Barrett
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2015, 09:19:42 PM »
According to Damian Barrett tonight on the Footy Show:

* Rance is weighing up whether he wants to play footy beyond 2016. Footy is just something that is part of his life; not the be all and end all.

* So Freo isn't the threat. They've backed right away from chasing Rance and any talk of a million dollar offer.

* Brisbane under Leppitsch are interested in Rance.

* Richmond has offered Rance a significant new contract offer that matches market value including what Brisbane could offer.

* Lids said he hasn't spoken to Alex about it but by the way Rance is playing it's hard to see him wanting to give it away. He added that no doubt Alex is a different couch.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2015, 11:11:31 PM »
I think you'll find that Rance is keen to go to Sydney.

Maybe it has nothing to do with Sydney being the Australian San Francisco.