Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 77795 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Alex Rance's contract discussion thread [merged]
« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:35 PM »
Hahahahahaha

Laying at Richmond has made him want to give the game away
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2015, 12:03:14 AM »
Few people on Big Footy reckon it's all got to do with his involvement with the Jehovah's Witnesses.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:30:03 AM by one-eyed »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2015, 01:27:11 AM »
I can't really blame young people wanting to walk away from professional footy given how sterile and scholastic the AFL environment has become.
These kids need to live a bit. The AFL seems determined to squeeze it out of them.
Yes they get paid a lot for however long their career lasts but money can't replace having a good time in your prime.
The game needs more balance or risks losing more talent.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2015, 01:51:53 AM »
I agree.
Such a sterile environment.
stuff that.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2015, 03:06:26 AM »
Few people on Big Footy reckon it's all got to do with his involvement with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I've been told the same thing from a JW
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:30:30 AM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #440 on: April 17, 2015, 04:08:58 AM »
JW are a cult.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: April 17, 2015, 06:11:36 AM »
Look, gay people have feelings too.

its time to come out of the closet and draw a line in the sand at Cottlesloe beach, to hold each other's accountables, and have the right attitude

Maybe Al but by growing up "different" they should be used to have their feelings hurt and now be used to it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: April 17, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
 :lol

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:29:29 AM by one-eyed »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: April 17, 2015, 09:07:32 AM »
Rance to retire? Star Tiger weighing up his options

Damian Barrett  April 16, 2015 11:11 PM

RICHMOND'S biggest threat to losing free agent Alex Rance may not be from a rival club, but from the defender himself.

Rance is weighing up his options for 2016, one which includes the possibility of walking away from the game.

Fremantle's interest in luring the Western Australian junior home is believed to have tempered, with the Brisbane Lions launching a bid for Rance to headline their ageing defence.

Richmond is aware of the retirement possibility of its All Australian defender, as are people well-known to Rance.

The Tigers' new offer to Rance is lucrative, comfortably comparable with outside offers.

The 25-year-old has many interests outside football, and has never viewed football as the be-and-end-all of his life.

Tigers teammate Brett Deledio said the club would support Rance in any decision he made on his future.

"We'll support him fully as teammates and a footy club, for my sake fingers crossed it all gets sorted out," Deledio said when asked about Rance on Channel Nine.

"It certainly doesn't stand out judging by the way that he's playing at the moment, unbelievable passion and want to win every contest that he's in.

"Rancey's his own man and he'll come to whatever decision he wants to."

Deledio said the pending decision was having no impact on Rance's start to the season.

"I don't think we're getting distracted by it too much at all," he said.

"I haven't spoken to him directly about it, I'm not really aware of it in any great detail. He is a different cat."

Rance is an unrestricted free agent at season's end so the Tigers are unable to match a rival offer should he wish to leave.

The Lions' bid is being led by coach, and former Richmond assistant, Justin Leppitsch, who Rance spent four years under at Punt Road.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-16/rance-to-retire-star-tiger-weighing-up-his-options?utm_medium=RSS

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: April 17, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »
Thinking about retiring? Must be joking. Look at the way he plays. The bloke looks hungry for a flag that's about it.

He won't retire lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
I’d be staggered if Rance quits footy (Denham on SEN)
« Reply #445 on: April 17, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »
Denham: I’d be staggered if Rance quits footy

Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
17 Apr 2015, 11:10AM

It would be baffling if Richmond star defender Alex Rance turned his back on a very lucrative contract in the AFL to pursue other interests in his life, says Greg Denham.

The 25-year-old is believed to be seriously considering his future beyond 2015 despite the Tigers already offering him a hefty contract extension.

“You reckon a 25-year-old would turn his back on $800,000 to a million a year?” Denham asked rhetorically on SEN radio.

“I’d be staggered, he’s only got another four or five years before he can do other things.

“I think it was mentioned too that Brisbane is going to have a red hot crack at him, which they should.”

It has been reported that Rance plans to become an airline pilot when his football career is over.

Denham doubts that those at the club would welcome his decision to take to the skies as early as next year, which would leave a huge hole in their defence.

“I don’t think his Richmond teammates would rally around Rance if he came out at the end of their season and retired,” he said.

“They’d be moving heaven and earth to re-sign him.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/04-15/denham-i-d-be-staggered-if-rance-quits-footy

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Would Tiger Alex Rance walk away from millions? (Age)
« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »
Would Tiger Alex Rance walk away from millions?

Michael Gleeson
The Age
April 17, 2015 - 2:50pm

Alex Rance is 25, playing the best football of his career and is out of contract at the end of the year.

From next season he would comfortably earn $700,000 a year in a new multi-year deal as one of the better key defenders in the competition.

But he is thinking of walking away from the game to go backpacking.

Earlier this year Rance told his manager Tom Petroro not to bother starting talks on a new contract with Richmond.

The assumption then in football was that the former West Australian must be planning to walk to one of the WA clubs. And he might, but at the moment there is no other club in the frame for the smart, rebounding defender.

Rance wants to travel and is seriously considering walking from the game at year's end, retiring at 26.

Richmond remain  skeptical he will do so, and are quietly relieved to know there is no other club in the frame.

The Tigers' skepticism is based on two things. First, how many players walk away from multi-million-dollar contracts in the prime of their careers? Second, he is not performing like a player who is uninterested.

"He is an important player and look at the way he is playing, he is not playing like someone who wants to walk away from the game. All we see is a passionate player and a committed player," Richmond football manager Dan Richardson said.

"He is 25. I think the odds on him retiring would be pretty slim.

"If there is anything to it, and I do not think there is, then the good thing is we don't have to worry too much about another club."

Petroro said he was uncertain what his client would chooe to do.

"It's a long year and it's hard to see Alex finishing up when he is playing like he is in the first couple of weeks of the season," Petroro said.

"Let's see how the year unfolds. It is hard to believe he would walk away given the form he is in and the way he plays.

"Alex is uncertain what he wants to do next and that is why we put talks off, but what he chooses to do next will be something he works through during the year. But certainly travelling and other things in his life have been considerations for him."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/would-tiger-alex-rance-walk-away-from-millions-20150417-1mnbo4.html

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #447 on: April 17, 2015, 05:52:17 PM »
Good on you, Rancey.  :clapping

Do it.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »
I think you'll find that Rance is keen to go to Sydney.

Maybe it has nothing to do with Sydney being the Australian San Francisco.

What rot.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2015, 04:54:23 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.