Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 82316 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: Alex Rance's contract discussion thread [merged]
« Reply #525 on: June 01, 2015, 07:32:20 PM »
maybe he will sign a 5 year contract with the first 12 months off being paid the minimum salary before coming back on big money for the rest of contract

Year 1 - $150k
Year 2 - $850k
Year 3 - $850k
Year 4 - $850k
Year 5 - $850k

Averages out at about $700k a year, he gets a year off and everyone is happy

I don't like the numbers or paying people for doing nothing. 
Surely you are worth less if you have a year off too.
There is the risk that the player is never the same again. Especially in this case. What if he travels to JW headquarters for a 6 mth sabbatical. Gets deep inside the place. He gets the ahead of time promotion to whatever the equivalent of a cardinal is. Then you are stuck with a religious nutter for 3.5 mill. No thanks.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #526 on: June 01, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »
Whether or not it's allowed it's still a stupid idea on several levels.

No more stupid than $10m over 9 years for a player that will be lucky to play 6 of those 9.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #527 on: June 02, 2015, 04:29:18 AM »
Hutchy was on Footy Classified last night saying Rance wants a year off from footy to travel with his wife. Hutcht said because Richmond can't offer a year off as it would be a bad look to Tigers fans, other clubs like the Bulldogs, St Kilda and Brisbane should do the following deal which would include allowing Rance next year off:

- $3 million deal over 5 years.

- First year would be $1 million with no commitment to play (go travel).

- Then the remaining 4 years at $500k p.a.

Hutchy said those 3 clubs could do it because they will need to pay the salary cap anyway next year and their young guns won't be reaching their pay peak until 2-3 years time. Hutchy also reckons Rance's market value is $3.5m over 5 years ($700 p.a) so those clubs would be getting a bargain.

Caro replied it's June 1 not April 1. She believes talks have improved between Rance, his manager and Richmond and that he'll stay.

Lyon said it's so far-fetched there must be something to it and that Hutchy knows more than he is saying.

Lloyd said that would be a dirty act by Rance if he did that deal. Caro agreed it would go against Alex's character and what he stands for.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #528 on: June 02, 2015, 07:23:06 AM »
These pricks have no idea.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #529 on: June 02, 2015, 08:05:07 AM »
Nothing new
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

No More

« Reply #530 on: June 02, 2015, 08:40:48 AM »
Hutchy was on Footy Classified last night saying Rance wants a year off from footy to travel with his wife. Hutcht said because Richmond can't offer a year off as it would be a bad look to Tigers fans, other clubs like the Bulldogs, St Kilda and Brisbane should do the following deal which would include allowing Rance next year off:

- $3 million deal over 5 years.

- First year would be $1 million with no commitment to play (go travel).

- Then the remaining 4 years at $500k p.a.

Hutchy said those 3 clubs could do it because they will need to pay the salary cap anyway next year and their young guns won't be reaching their pay peak until 2-3 years time. Hutchy also reckons Rance's market value is $3.5m over 5 years ($700 p.a) so those clubs would be getting a bargain.

Caro replied it's June 1 not April 1. She believes talks have improved between Rance, his manager and Richmond and that he'll stay.

Lyon said it's so far-fetched there must be something to it and that Hutchy knows more than he is saying.

Lloyd said that would be a dirty act by Rance if he did that deal. Caro agreed it would go against Alex's character and what he stands for.

Hutchy if your reading OER can you stop pinching our stuff please. Now do us a favor and pee off.  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #531 on: June 02, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
I think its becomming more apparent we need Carlisle.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #532 on: June 02, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »
Lloyd said dirty act. lol
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #533 on: June 02, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »
I can't remember who said it (may have been Lloyd) but his alternative was that Rance go to Richmond and say he'll accept base salary (eg: $80k) next year and then comeback the following year.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #534 on: June 02, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »
I can't remember who said it (may have been Lloyd) but his alternative was that Rance go to Richmond and say he'll accept base salary (eg: $80k) next year and then comeback the following year.

Was Lloyd.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: June 02, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »
 Lloyd would know all about being paid for not being a footballer

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #536 on: June 02, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »

Was Lloyd.

Mark Evans said tonight if he's taking a year off it is most likely he'd stay at Richmond. Basically said no club could defend the logic actually paying a player a salary when taking a year off
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: June 02, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »

Was Lloyd.

Mark Evans said tonight if he's taking a year off it is most likely he'd stay at Richmond. Basically said no club could defend the logic actually paying a player a salary when taking a year off

Even if that's the case were buggered
He is our most important player along with Lids,Jack, Ivan.

Without him were stuffed, completely stuffed  :facepalm
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #538 on: June 02, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
He either wants to stay and play for Richmond or he doesn't. Don't care if we were paying him a few gift vouchers, we will still have to keep his future wage in reserve and he will be taking up a spot on the list without the guarantee of coming back the same player or even at all.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #539 on: June 03, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »

Was Lloyd.

Even if that's the case were buggered
He is our most important player along with Lids,Jack, Ivan.

Without him were stuffed, completely stuffed  :facepalm

#NoRanceNoRichmond