Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 77822 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance's contract discussion thread [merged]
« Reply #540 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
#CloseTheDoors-TieTheNoose
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rance won’t take year off in next contract (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #541 on: June 04, 2015, 02:53:48 AM »
Alex Rance yet to decide if he wants to play football next year

Jay Clark
Herald-Sun
June 04, 2015

RICHMOND free agent Alex Rance won’t ask for one year off as part of his next long-term contract.

Rance is weighing up his future at Tigerland and could walk away from football entirely due to personal and family reasons.

While Rance feels a strong sense of loyalty to Richmond, Brisbane and Fremantle have strong interest in the gun backman.

It was suggested the clubs interested in the star free agent should offer him a one-year holiday in the first season of a long term contract.

In theory, it would mean Rance could earn up to $1 million in his first season while backpacking in Europe, for example.

But the Herald Sun has confirmed Rance has not asked for a one-year paid holiday from the Tigers or any other club.

It has not be raised in discussions between Rance and his management or the Tigers, the club confirmed on Tuesday.

If Rance stays in football, he will honour every season for the length of his next contract.

Fremantle is known to be prepared to offer Rance about $750,000 a season for the gun key defender who has continued his All-Australian form this season.

Rance could also be the subject of a huge offer from the Brisbane Lions, where his close friend Justin Leppitsch is coach.

Rance’s manager Tom Petroro said over the weekend Rance could walk away from footy altogether.

“Alex has been pretty honest in publicly saying that he’s still weighing up the decision as to whether he wants to play or not next year,” Petroro said on Triple M on Sunday.

“So I think there’s a little bit more to this one than just a player weighing up what offers are out there.”

Petroro conceded Richmond and Tiger fans would be nervous about the fact the 25-year-old, who is a committed Jehova’s Witness, is yet to put pen to paper.

“No doubt they’d be getting toey because he’s in All-Australian form again.

“Obviously, by the way he plays and how passionate he goes about it it’s hard for people to look at it and say why would he not want to play but the (pressure of the game) makes players have a little bit of a choice and say, ‘Do I still want to keep doing this or don’t I?’.

“Richmond released a statement about three weeks ago saying Richmond, myself and Alex were in continual discussions. We’ll continue to have those discussions, we won’t play them out publicly, and when we’re in a position to make a decision then we will.

“His contract ends on October 31, we’ve still got 5-6 months to weigh up a decision, I don’t know the rush.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/alex-rance-yet-to-decide-if-he-wants-to-play-football-next-year/story-fndv8t7m-1227376889444

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: June 04, 2015, 06:08:05 AM »
Why is this an article? The media love lining up crap football but someone should single out their own dribble
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: June 04, 2015, 06:58:13 AM »
Why is this an article? The media love lining up crap football but someone should single out their own dribble
Because it gives the player managers some free publicity?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: June 06, 2015, 01:43:42 AM »
Dude is average for so many years tries his heart out finally becomes a good player and now wants to walk away? Weird

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #545 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:56 AM »
Alex's reaction and excitement last night after the game when he came down to the members showed that he genuinely loves the place.  He wants to be here

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #546 on: June 06, 2015, 09:48:30 AM »
Beat pav last night , neck and crop . Best defender in the comp, but I been saying that for a while now  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #547 on: June 06, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »
#CloseTheDoors-TieTheNoose

agreed

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #548 on: June 06, 2015, 06:29:32 PM »
Star
Worked hard and still does.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #549 on: June 06, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
#stalkable

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
rance > fyfe

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
When your star defender walks, feel free to let rip (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2015, 09:44:01 PM »
When your star defender walks, feel free to let rip

Matt Cunningham
Herald-Sun
June 07, 2015

IT’S a bit of a shock when your toddler drops the F-bomb for the first time. And it’s hard not to feel a bit responsible.

Or, in my case, solely responsible.

“F---ing ants,” my son called out one morning about three years ago, some time after his second birthday.

At least that’s what I thought he said and, really, there was only one other possibility.

I’d been using the most versatile adjective in the English language to describe two things; the little black insects that had invaded our home and Alex Rance, the Richmond defender who is a much better player now than he was then.

“F---ing Rance”, the 2012 version of the All-Australian defender, had a nasty habit of making bad mistakes and turning the ball over, much to the expletive-ridden dismay of Tiger fans.

Which brings me to something that really makes me want to swear. Free agency.

It’s about the only subject that can wipe the grin off a Tiger fan’s face this weekend after Friday night’s win over the Dockers.

It’s the rule that can see a player walk out on a club that’s spent years turning him from a raw but frustrating talent into one of the best players in the game.

Rance is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, by virtue of the fact he is not in the club’s nine best-paid players.

That fact is often highlighted in footy circles, where memories can be shorter than a Carlton winning streak.

True Tiger fans will remember, however, that it was not that long ago that Rance was more often a liability than an asset. He is surely responsible for more than a few of the wrinkles now etched on coach Damien Hardwick’s face.

To Hardwick and the Tigers’ credit they stuck with the musclebound defender.

His once-ordinary ball skills are now better than average and his questionable decision-making is now impeccable.

Rance is one of the league’s best players. But rather than reaping the rewards of their hard work, Richmond could be forced to watch on helpless as Rance, the free agent, walks to another club. A $4 million deal at Brisbane is reportedly on the table. There’s also a chance he might be lost to God, but that’s another story.

Rance — along with Adelaide’s Patrick Dangerfield — has become this year’s “will he or won’t he” story, one that history suggests almost always ends badly for loyal fans.

Gary Ablett, Tom Scully, Buddy Franklin and James Frawley are among the biggest names to move on under free agency.

It’s a system that’s left big cheques in the accounts of player agents, but nothing but questions and tears for armies of young fans.

When Franklin left Hawthorn for Sydney, Shane Crawford sat his son Charlie down to tell him the bad news.

“His reaction as a seven-year-old boy slightly surprised me ... he started to cry,” Crawford said.

For diehard footy fans, there are really only two words to describe the AFL’s free agency rules. One of them is joke. My son knows the other one.

http://www.news.com.au/national/when-your-star-defender-walks-feel-free-to-let-rip/story-e6frfkp9-1227386429127

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: June 12, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »
Interesting comments by Grigg on the latest video.....could it be :cheers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #553 on: June 12, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »
Transcript  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #554 on: June 12, 2015, 06:47:46 PM »
Transcript  ::)

I'll tell you something about Grigg. He may not be our most valuable player but by gees he's very well liked by the group which is always a positive. :thumbsup