Author Topic: Corey Ellis [merged]  (Read 142282 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Pick 12. Corey Ellis [merged]
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »
I personally think the thread title and op is just the work of poo. It's perfect fair and reasonable to have a view - the reality there is a case for and against almost all the time on draft night but the ways it's written is ordinary. Its just unnecessary to write in the way about a kid whose just had probably the best night of his life. Like it or not a 17 yo might read this forum to see how posters view his being drafted to the club and I reckon your thread would've taken the gloss off it. It's pooe form.

Want a cuddle?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2014, 08:31:30 PM »
If only he could have got one more percent, it would have made the world of difference

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
I personally think the thread title and op is just the work of poo. It's perfect fair and reasonable to have a view - the reality there is a case for and against almost all the time on draft night but the ways it's written is ordinary. Its just unnecessary to write in the way about a kid whose just had probably the best night of his life. Like it or not a 17 yo might read this forum to see how posters view his being drafted to the club and I reckon your thread would've taken the gloss off it. It's pooe form.

Want a cuddle?

You'd probably sexually harass me. No. If you can't see the difference between having a fair crack vs making an arse of yourself then film yourself in public and I'll buy some popcorn
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2014, 09:22:30 PM »

75 kilos ?

His legs would weigh 50.
Backflipping and getting on board.

Good bod for modern football and @ 18 will be a strong lad in a couple of years.

Looks to be already.

Still not a fan of David Bourke Mk II

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »

Want a cuddle?

You'd probably sexually harass me. No. If you can't see the difference between having a fair crack vs making an arse of yourself then film yourself in public and I'll buy some popcorn

I  nae claim to not be an ass, tbh. If the kid is going to break me mentality cause he reads non loving comment on the net then he is dammed before he starts.

Beats the life is special / the club is infallible circle jerk

Offline antay

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2014, 10:31:44 PM »
A friend of mine at work is mates with one of the recruiters at Hawthorn. He asked about Ellis and the Hawthorn guy thought it was a good pick. They also rated Ellis better than Duggan, Ahern and Weller. Some of the crap about Ellis in this thread is so stupid.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
Yeah but they draft people with meth addictions

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2014, 10:55:45 PM »

Want a cuddle?

I  nae claim to not be an ass, tbh. If the kid is going to break me mentality cause he reads non loving comment on the net then he is dammed before he starts.

Beats the life is special / the club is infallible circle jerk
I'm not saying don't be hard or even don't be harsh. Just think about it. You being a .... Well you know what I mean. The kid deserves a few minutes to celebrate being drafted AND the benefit of the doubt without xxxxx like you trying to tear him down before he's even pulled on a jumper. Stop behaving like a magpie supporter joffa
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Corey Ellis, Richmond’s top pick, may require foot surgery (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
AFL Draft 2014: Corey Ellis, Richmond’s top pick, may require foot surgery

Michael Warner
    Herald Sun
    November 28, 2014 6:00PM

RICHMOND concedes its top draft pick, Western Jets midfielder Corey Ellis, could require minor surgery on his injured right foot.

Ellis, taken at pick 12 by the Tigers in Thursday night’s draft, suffered a stress fracture at the end of the TAC Cup season and missed the AFL draft combine.

Rival clubs on Friday agreed Ellis, 18, was among the best kicks in this year’s draft pool but said they baulked at recruiting him because of the injury.

Collingwood’s top draft pick from last year, Matt Scharenberg, had more serious bone-stress reactions in both feet and required surgery last February that ended his season.

But the Tigers say Ellis is back running and set to join pre-season training at Punt Rd.

They said minor surgery was an option if the foot flared again but it would not sideline him for an extended period.

“We were well aware he had a metatarsal issue that kept him out of the AFL Combine,” Richmond football boss Dan Richardson said.

“We will obviously monitor him but, as it stands, he is back running and looking forward to the pre-season.

“If any corrective procedure was ever required it wouldn’t have any long-term implications at all.

“We are thrilled to have a player of his quality at our club.”

The Tigers say Ellis, pick 33 Connor Menadue and pick 52 Nathan Drummond will help add depth to a midfield that can challenge the AFL’s best.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2014-corey-ellis-richmonds-top-pick-may-require-foot-surgery/story-fnia6oop-1227138543816

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Corey Ellis, Richmond’s top pick, may require foot surgery (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2014, 11:37:38 PM »
Maybe his kicking will hit 50%

:bow

With this new bionic foot

Corey trengrove

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »
Lol joke we take a guy who needs surgery. Stinks of the Conca decision

Get stuffed
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »
What a misleading title. He's fine, but if it flares again he may require surgery.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2014, 11:54:35 PM »
What a misleading title. He's fine, but if it flares again he may require surgery.
It will flair up again, foot injuries are like that. Drafted another amputee
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »
Was actually about to jump on board this kid but at no fault of his own I just can't now. Wouldn't give up pick 12 for Trengrove and a pick downgrade because of a stress fracture but use our pick on him get bent!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2014, 12:07:15 AM »
Managed correctly it will be fine.

- go for it ->
Caracella and Balmey.