Author Topic: Nathan Drummond [merged]  (Read 28242 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Pick 52. Nathan Drummond
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »
some of these posts have me crying lol I got tears lol
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 11:55:06 PM »
Just stumbled across his FB page (silly bloke commented a 'thanks' on the Richmond page) and looks like he is a Tigers supporter already.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 04:25:33 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 04:26:40 AM »
Nathan Drummond  (Murray Bushrangers)

Born 19.1.1995, 181cm, 85kg

AFL biography: Tough, inside medium midfielder with elite speed/endurance combination.  Has had excellent TAC Cup year after being injured in 2013. Playing as a 19-year-old he averaged 15 disposals, four marks and six tackles for Vic Country in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Good leap and overhead mark for his size.

Lee Fraser, Murray Bushrangers: "Nathan was at school in Melbourne last year so he's basically missed out on the draft and come back with an AFL attitude. He's super professional. We challenged him early on in the year to work on his contested footy and he's gone into the centre square and won a lot of it for us. His defensive attitude has been outstanding. He has a 15 beep and a sub three second 20 metre sprint and he's starting to use those qualities in his game."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-medium-midfielders-20141002-10pj9n.html

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
Is it just me or does he move, kick and look a lot like Brandon Ellis????

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
Is it just me or does he move, kick and look a lot like Brandon Ellis????

Its just you.. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »
this cub can play. his attitude is brilliant and will play in 2015!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 04:20:11 AM »
Nathan Drummond's twitter account - @DrummondNathan

"So excited to join the @Richmond_FC and get down to the club! Thanks to the @MurrayBushiesFC for the last 4 years. #GoTiges 🐯"

https://twitter.com/drummondnathan

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 05:05:52 PM »
I know nothing about juniors, but how does this kid test so well at the combine and end up at pick 52?

His highlights look pretty decent. Having all those attributes, i would of thought he would have higher possession numbers... Any way pretty excited to see him develop.

Interestingly, 3 of the top 10 quickest kids at the draft are now on our list.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 07:52:47 PM »
I know nothing about juniors, but how does this kid test so well at the combine and end up at pick 52?

Probably a glass half full type, we tend to collect them at RFC

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 08:24:58 PM »

His highlights look pretty decent. Having all those attributes, i would of thought he would have higher possession numbers... Any way pretty excited to see him develop.

Same for Reece McKenzie.

I suppose being athletic isn't all there is to it. Need to have a football brain, otherwise you'll always be in the wrong place, despite being so athletic.

Consider Wayne Gretzky from America's NHL. He was physically small and quite slow by NHL standards, but with his intelligence became the highest point-scorer in history. And his effect on team culture led his team to become the highest point-scoring team his history. Take a quick look here.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »

Same for Reece McKenzie.

I suppose being athletic isn't all there is to it. Need to have a football brain, otherwise you'll always be in the wrong place, despite being so athletic.

Consider Wayne Gretzky from America's NHL. He was physically small and quite slow by NHL standards, but with his intelligence became the highest point-scorer in history. And his effect on team culture led his team to become the highest point-scoring team his history. Take a quick look here.

Really good point, that footy nous is the x factor. Makes even more sense, as to his lack of possessions. This is probably where we fall down as a club. Not taking this pure athletic talent and not making them better AFL players.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »

Could it be because he is a touch older at 19? His combine results were nothing short of amazing. His name appears near the top in just about every category.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »
his low possesion count in the champs my have something to do with it, although averaging 26 touches at TAC level isnt too shabby.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2014, 05:58:43 AM »
Nathan Drummond has exactly what it takes to succeed at the game’s highest level, according to his coach at TAC Cup team the Murray Bushrangers, Darren Ogier.

“His testing at the combine was top 10 in every single area except one, including finishing second in a couple of them and a 15.9 in the beep test.

“He averaged 15 possessions in the TAC Cup and won clearances as a midfielder, as well as having an impact up forward.

“Nathan can play inside and outside without a worry, after being more of an outside type earlier in his career because of his running capacity.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-12/junior-coach-beats-drum-for-drummond