Author Topic: Kane Lambert retires [merged]  (Read 157858 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kane Lambert [merged]
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 02:32:47 PM »
In the mould of Michael Barlow, an astute pick of a mature footballer who is more footballer than athlete. :clapping

This pick should please claw!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »
not over 200cm so he ticks at least one box
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »
VIDEO: Kane Lambert highlights

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-12-03/2014-rookie-draft-kane-lambert-highlights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 Rookie Draft, pick 46: Kane Lambert
richmondfc.com.au 
December 3, 2014 11:51 AM

Richmond has selected Williamstown midfielder Kane Lambert with its third pick (selection 46) in the 2014 Rookie Draft.

The 23-year-old has been one of the standout performers in the VFL competition for the last few years, initially with the Northern Blues, and most recently with Williamstown.

A hip injury hampered Lambert’s start to the 2014 season, however he put together an outstanding finish to the season.

In the Seagulls’ semi-final, he collected 32 disposals, 17 clearances, 15 inside 50s and kicked four goals.

While playing for the Northern Blues in 2013, he won the Club Best and Fairest and was named the VFL’s Fothergill-Round medallist.

“Kane had a slow start to this season, due to injury, but over the second half of the season he returned to his 2013 form, where he had some dominant performances, including in the finals,” said Richmond Recruitment Manager Francis Jackson.

“He competes well, and has a burst of speed to break away from the stoppages.

“He is also a dangerous player around goals.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-03/2014-rookie-draft-pick-46-kane-lambert

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
Quote from: al link=topic=21247.msg4 :clapping73521#msg473521 date=1417578664
not over 200cm so he ticks at least one box
:clapping :lol :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »
Williamstown’s Kane Lambert’s persistence pays off with an AFL rookie spot with Richmond
Luke D’Anello
Hobsons Bay Leader
December 03, 2014 1:19PM

KANE Lambert’s long wait for an AFL opportunity is over after Richmond swooped on the star midfielder in Wednesday’s rookie draft.

The 23-year-old said earlier this year that he was “pretty close” to being drafted in 2013 after a stellar season with Northern Blues in the VFL.

Lambert made the move to Williamstown in the off-season after a tug of war for his services, with his switch to Burbank Oval only ratified after mediation between the Seagulls and Blues

Lambert experienced a slow start to the season because of hip surgery last summer and was forced to wait until Round 3 to make his debut for Williamstown.

But he produced a scintillating second half of the campaign, highlighted by a best-on-ground performance against Werribee in the semi-final.

Lambert gathered 32 touches, 17 clearances, 15 inside 50s and booted four goals in a performance described by Williamstown coach Andrew Collins as “one of the best individual games I’ve seen at a state league level”.

The Tigers landed Lambert, who boasts an unquestionable appetite for the ball and the ability to kick an important goal, at pick 46.

Lambert has a bevy of fans who have pushed his case for a chance at the top level, including dual North Melbourne premiership coach Denis Pagan, who coached him at TAC Cup club Northern Knights.

Williamstown football manager Chris Dixon said he was thrilled Lambert had graduated to the AFL ranks.

“He’s just too good a player to be playing VFL,” Dixon said.

“We’re just rapt that he’s actually got the opportunity. It’s hard to think of many people who have worked harder and had that many setbacks along the way.

“We’re rapt as a footy club that we’ve been able to help him over the line.”

Lambert had previously been overlooked four times, but his persistence paid off.

“I wouldn’t say it’s the poorest year he’s had, but his season was certainly nowhere near as good as his 2013 season,” Dixon said.

“Obviously his hip injury hampered him and he missed games along the way, but some of his individual performances in the second half of the year … he just looked a class above and showed that he had got over his hip problem.

“When he’s playing at that level there are not too many VFL players who can match him.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/williamstowns-kane-lamberts-persistence-pays-off-with-an-afl-rookie-spot-with-richmond/story-e6frfkp9-1227143320178

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
I reckon this guy will be putting his hand up pretty quick!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 08:37:28 PM »
I reckon you are right! I was hoping we picked him up and today was the day. Could surprise many and play senior footy next year :shh

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 08:39:57 PM »
I reckon you are right! I was hoping we picked him up and today was the day. Could surprise many and play senior footy next year :shh

:thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
yeh good one
LOL I thought was his kid !  you sucked me in

Phark,so did i! lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »

As long as it's not in the way Grigg does whenever we lose possession.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 09:11:11 PM »
I've seen him play a few times coz I have a friend who's involved at Willi. You blokes on here get into Grigg and Houli and Petterd etc and I don't blame you. Thing about those guys is they play well when Richmond does. If we're playing crap you can count on them to be awful.
The players who catch my eye are the ones who lift above that. This bloke lead his team to one of the great comeback victories you'll see. He just dragged his teammates along with him.
 Not saying he'll make it but I'm rapt we're giving him a shot at it.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »
Reminds me a bit of Kieren Jack, if he turns out to be half as good then he can make a contribution to the team.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 10:37:28 PM »
Very happy with this selection

Has got footy smarts a plenty
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »

And then not given a game to squeeze in grigg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 04:23:55 PM »