Author Topic: Reece Conca admits hit on Devon Smith ‘wasn’t my greatest moment’ (H-Sun)  (Read 7037 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Are all those Xs on Edwards, Conca or both?

My x is for both.

And the Conca 'hit' is massively overrated for mine, was like a play wrestle elbow.

More like something you'd do to your brother than your enemy.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Yeh

It is overrated but great for teeing off of.  ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame

My x is for both.

And the Conca 'hit' is massively overrated for mine, was like a play wrestle elbow.

Yer I totally agree, and I have said it before. Didn't look great but not really much in it. Vickory's was worse. But at the end of the day they happened, but surely it's over now?!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
He's a stuffwad.

Saying "it wasn't my greatest moment" reeks of cowardice and denial.

It was in fact, a disgraceful act , yet he can't seem to openly admit it.

Basically he's admitted nothing to suggest he isn't feeling justified in his action
Disagree. If Devon told him his mother was a so and so he should not have turned his back on him. Once people sledge personally they are open to any retaliation IMHO!

Ooh poor boy couldn't handle getting sledged

Give me a spell
He handled being sledged, just didn't handle it that great.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
I get the 'sticking up for our own' thing ,  and Reece does need to move on...and play some good footy...and u guys can stick up for him all u want but deep down u know it was a dog's act.
The Balme / Southby thing and the Windy Hill brawl are ridiculous comparisons.Different times and not even in the same ball park.
Hitting someone who has his back turned is as low as it gets.Worse than that Smith was almost off the ground and Conca had to run 20 meters to commit that dog act.
 He should've apologised that very day. Instead he was interviewed getting out of his car the next day and had no remorse. PI$$ POOR.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

My x is for both.

If I had a brother and he did that to me, I'd kick the idiot out of him
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Agree. Conca's hit on Smith was blown waay out of proportion. Reece is right to move on.
Some nannies on here.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I get the 'sticking up for our own' thing ,  and Reece does need to move on...and play some good footy...and u guys can stick up for him all u want but deep down u know it was a dog's act.
The Balme / Southby thing and the Windy Hill brawl are ridiculous comparisons.Different times and not even in the same ball park.
Hitting someone who has his back turned is as low as it gets.Worse than that Smith was almost off the ground and Conca had to run 20 meters to commit that dog act.
 He should've apologised that very day. Instead he was interviewed getting out of his car the next day and had no remorse. PI$$ POOR.
So round arming someone from behind and breaking his jaw, and an all in brawl where officials king hit each other and so did players is acceptable yet Reece's is a dog act because they happened in different eras?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Reckon Reece would like to elbow a few others in the head if given a chance.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
How many head injurya has conca got playing afl?

He's a good boy fat Reece. Puts his fat head over the pill. More than some others

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
All it was was a lack of discipline on Conca's part. Smith was not injured and it was clear that if Conca wanted to really hurt Smith he would have used his fist. Dog act??? Stuff me what planet are you guys on if you think it was a dog act. Bunch of whining Nanna's. Blame's hit on Southby was far worse. Fist to the head and severe concussion as a result! And that's a 70's concussion which was one step away from a fractured skull. Harden up school girls.....

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
"...People seem to forget the nine games we won prior to that final and you’re going to have your off days,” Conca said.

Mostly fluff but this bit irks me. What about the rest of the games before the 9 wins? Are you just choosing to ignore the fact it was a horrible start to the season?

I'm guessing he was asked about the elimination final disaster and he was using the 9 wins to balance the poor loss with what they had been capable of doing prior to that abomination.
I'm sure if we was asked about the entire season the first half would've come up.

Why stop there though? Don't need the cop out of backing up the loss with their 9 wins when overall the season was pretty bad despite making finals (which we got belted in too). Sorry but for me it's all part of the spin

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

What do you think of people that pull jumpers over peoples heads and run away? May not be as dog but for me that is much more cowardice