Author Topic: Reece Conca admits hit on Devon Smith ‘wasn’t my greatest moment’ (H-Sun)  (Read 7043 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
:clapping can't believe how long people hang on to nothing.

Oh ffs ! Who's hanging on to nothing ??  Frickin drama queens on here seriously.
The reporter brought it up , Reece responded and so I commented on it. I don't really give a **** ! I Just stated my opinion which , as weird as it might be to some of you , happens to be the same opinion most people who don't barrack for the tiges have about that incident.

All I'm sayin is , when you do something like that on a sporting field these days,  you apologise and then move on.

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
:clapping can't believe how long people hang on to nothing.

Oh ffs ! Who's hanging on to nothing ??  Frickin drama queens on here seriously.
The reporter brought it up , Reece responded and so I commented on it. I don't really give a **** ! I Just stated my opinion which , as weird as it might be to some of you , happens to be the same opinion most people who don't barrack for the tiges have about that incident.

All I'm sayin is , when you do something like that on a sporting field these days,  you apologise and then move on.

Dice, he did apologise after the incident.
He is trying to move on.
It's the reporter and this thread that aren't able to move on.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
I get the 'sticking up for our own' thing ,  and Reece does need to move on...and play some good footy...and u guys can stick up for him all u want but deep down u know it was a dog's act.
The Balme / Southby thing and the Windy Hill brawl are ridiculous comparisons.Different times and not even in the same ball park.
Hitting someone who has his back turned is as low as it gets.Worse than that Smith was almost off the ground and Conca had to run 20 meters to commit that dog act.
 He should've apologised that very day. Instead he was interviewed getting out of his car the next day and had no remorse. PI$$ POOR.

Seriously?  Balme broke Southby's jaw and I was at Windy Hill that day and it was a feral all-in.  Conca's p-poor tap to the back of Smith's head was a weak act but soooooo innocuous that the comparison is embarrassing.  "A dog's act"?  It was a p-weak soft-on love tap that both parties should have been embarrassed about - Conca for doing it and Smith for reacting so much.  Ridiculous comparisons?  Yep, by so much it's not funny.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

As for harden up ? Well if someone did that to my kid playing local footy I'd be straight over the fence for retribution.

To clock him in the back of the head? ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
I get the 'sticking up for our own' thing ,  and Reece does need to move on...and play some good footy...and u guys can stick up for him all u want but deep down u know it was a dog's act.
The Balme / Southby thing and the Windy Hill brawl are ridiculous comparisons.Different times and not even in the same ball park.
Hitting someone who has his back turned is as low as it gets.Worse than that Smith was almost off the ground and Conca had to run 20 meters to commit that dog act.
 He should've apologised that very day. Instead he was interviewed getting out of his car the next day and had no remorse. PI$$ POOR.

Seriously?  Balme broke Southby's jaw and I was at Windy Hill that day and it was a feral all-in.  Conca's p-poor tap to the back of Smith's head was a weak act but soooooo innocuous that the comparison is embarrassing.  "A dog's act"?  It was a p-weak soft-on love tap that both parties should have been embarrassed about - Conca for doing it and Smith for reacting so much.  Ridiculous comparisons?  Yep, by so much it's not funny.
:clapping :clapping

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Seriously?  Balme broke Southby's jaw

I get that. He belted a few others too. He was scary. I don't think he even got reported did he ? The 'great' EJ Whitten was a dirty thug and did things like that every week but they named an oval and a bloody bridge after him  ;D... Carl Ditterich !! lol. AFL player of the century Leigh Matthews haha ! He was an animal.
 It was just different times. You might go to jail if you did that today ?

And I was at Windy Hill that day

You and 250,000 others apparently. ;)

Ridiculous comparisons?  Yep, by so much it's not funny.

We agree on something then.   :cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Seriously?  Balme broke Southby's jaw

I get that. He belted a few others too. He was scary. I don't think he even got reported did he ? The 'great' EJ Whitten was a dirty thug and did things like that every week but they named an oval and a bloody bridge after him  ;D... Carl Ditterich !! lol. AFL player of the century Leigh Matthews haha ! He was an animal.
 It was just different times. You might go to jail if you did that today ?

Probably would and deservedly so, but none of it makes Conca's hit a "dog act".  It was a p-weak shove that both players should be embarrassed about and nothing more.  Looking at a molehill and seeing a mountain.

And I was at Windy Hill that day

You and 250,000 others apparently. ;)

I take offence to that - are you saying I'm lying?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
EJ Whitten was a hole.
Deal with it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:49:19 AM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Looking at a molehill and seeing a mountain.

Nope , I , like pretty much the rest of the poulation of Melbourne saw a dog's act and no remorse shown at all.

You're easily offended then. I was joking.... and FWIW I was there too.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Move on it was a lame act that is hardly worthy of a moments thought and if we are rehashing it for years to come I will be mightily peeved

Offline Big Bloke

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Looking at a molehill and seeing a mountain.

Nope , I , like pretty much the rest of the poulation of Melbourne saw a dog's act and no remorse shown at all.

You're easily offended then. I was joking.... and FWIW I was there too.

You hid behind ya dad you were that scared!! One of the last times the 4 of us went together

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
You hid behind ya dad you were that scared!! One of the last times the 4 of us went together

You have an excellent memory. I woulda hidden behind you if you hadn't been at the bar all day  ;D
Nah , truth is I was 7 years old and stood behind the goals at the Essendon end. I don't recall much about the day coz I was in the standing room area and I was a midget and was so squashed in amongst the Essendon numbskulls that I couldn't move or see ,  but I do remember all hell breaking loose at half time.
 Only other thing I remember is the old man basically carrying you out the bar and to the car. Then we went home and watched it on ' The Big Replay' lol
It was on the old black and white tv ( the one we had before you mysteriously 'found' us a color telly from down the docks )

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

You have an excellent memory. I woulda hidden behind you if you hadn't been at the bar all day  ;D
Nah , truth is I was 7 years old and stood behind the goals at the Essendon end. I don't recall much about the day coz I was in the standing room area and I was a midget and was so squashed in amongst the Essendon numbskulls that I couldn't move or see ,  but I do remember all hell breaking loose at half time.
 Only other thing I remember is the old man basically carrying you out the bar and to the car. Then we went home and watched it on ' The Big Replay' lol
It was on the old black and white tv ( the one we had before you mysteriously 'found' us a color telly from down the docks )

I was 16 at the time and at the game with my old man.  We were about halfway between the fence and the stand, 30 mts to the left (looking at the ground) of the players race when it broke out and had a bird's eye view (not that influenced my opinion of what happened, I was just lucky to see it up close).  It was all the talk when we went home on the tram (lived at Niddrie at the time) and like you, watched it on the replay that night.  If you talk "dog's acts" , then Parson's was a dog act with far greater effect and ramifications than Conca's ever was/is.  I don't for a moment condone what Conca did but it was just a p-weak knock that was overplayed by Smith in effect and as I've said already, imho both of them should be embarrassed by their respective roles in it and leave it at that, no more contrition, repentance or forgiveness needed.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Good post Smokey

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
If you talk "dog's acts" , then Parson's was a dog act

Years later I played a couple of seasons cricket in the same team as Mark Jackson and one of his mates was Steve Parsons. He used to come down for card nights. I spoke to him about his part in that day's events and he told me a couple of things that I'm sure nobody heard or saw about that day and the lead up. Also said it's the most scared he'd ever been on a footy field.
 The other thing I recall is that Whale Roberts copped a full beer can in the face thrown from someone in the crowd that broke is nose. Talk about cowardly dog's acts.