Author Topic: Reece Conca admits hit on Devon Smith ‘wasn’t my greatest moment’ (H-Sun)  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
It you reply the incident, smith actions were hardly thatof a ggentleman

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
He's a stuffwad.

Saying "it wasn't my greatest moment" reeks of cowardice and denial.

It was in fact, a disgraceful act , yet he can't seem to openly admit it.

Basically he's admitted nothing to suggest he isn't feeling justified in his action
Disagree. If Devon told him his mother was a so and so he should not have turned his back on him. Once people sledge personally they are open to any retaliation IMHO!

Ooh poor boy couldn't handle getting sledged

Give me a spell

If Smith did indeed say something insulting to an Italian about his mother then I would suggest Conca probably held back.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!

If you are a gentleman then you should be playing cricket or golf not AFL!  :banghead
I go to watch football not netball!

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dog act??? Stuff me what planet are you guys on if you think it was a dog act. Bunch of whining Nanna's. Blame's hit on Southby was far worse. Fist to the head and severe concussion as a result! And that's a 70's concussion which was one step away from a fractured skull. Harden up school girls.....

Sounds like you're as much in denial as Reece is ? It was a dog's act no doubt , and if I'm a schoolgirl for thinking that then half of Melbourne will need to order a new school uniform along with me.
As for harden up ? Well if someone did that to my kid playing local footy I'd be straight over the fence for retribution.
My whole point originally was that he should've apologised publicly the next day.
Anyhows , he's got more pressing issues....like getting a kick
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Dog act??? Stuff me what planet are you guys on if you think it was a dog act. Bunch of whining Nanna's. Blame's hit on Southby was far worse. Fist to the head and severe concussion as a result! And that's a 70's concussion which was one step away from a fractured skull. Harden up school girls.....

Sounds like you're as much in denial as Reece is ? It was a dog's act no doubt , and if I'm a schoolgirl for thinking that then half of Melbourne will need to order a new school uniform along with me.
As for harden up ? Well if someone did that to my kid playing local footy I'd be straight over the fence for retribution.
My whole point originally was that he should've apologised publicly the next day.

Dice I had you down as the whining Nanna and not the schoolgirl as I know you don't have the legs for it.  ;D

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
What do you think of people that pull jumpers over peoples heads and run away?
Dunno , never thought about it. Wouldn't bother me if it happened to me so long as the bloke didn't start punching me in the head while my jumper was pulled over it.
May not be as dog but for me that is much more cowardice

Umm. No.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dice I had you down as the whining Nanna and not the schoolgirl as I know you don't have the legs for it.  ;D

I got great pins  :thumbsup

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

If you are a gentleman then you should be playing cricket or golf not AFL!  :banghead

I just was getting at; isn't it funny conca was declared Satan. With half of the country demanding prision time and 15 werks off.

Yet not a sparrow fartrd about the guy that pulled the blokes shirt over his head before sprinting off the field of play. Hardly actions to write home to grand ma about

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I just was getting at; isn't it funny conca was declared Satan. With half of the country demanding prision time and 15 werks off.

Yet not a sparrow fartrd about the guy that pulled the blokes shirt over his head before sprinting off the field of play. Hardly actions to write home to grand ma about
With the AFL there always has to be a saint and a sinner. Its their MO. Have to think of the kids, have to think of the mothers, therefore we have to have a scapegoat in the interests of political correctness. IMO If nobody gets hurt then it should all be left on the field.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
The ira are bad cause they did a bombing

Yes but why did they do the bombing?

Oh it matters not, the ira are bad  - oh OK.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:47:08 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I had less issues with Concas aggression that our feeble play in the first half of the year.
I reckon we had a "line in the sand" moment last year which meant some players went a little over the top. Concas reaction was a classic case of making sure he didn't let the twirp get away with his act.
No problem with that despite it being a little extravagant.

Having said that - Yes - Conca should worry about getting a kick
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

Just let it go - if it was out of the blue I'd say yeah bit of a dog act, but the fact is he copped a cheapie himself and then smith ran off, fug him got what he deserved.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Just let it go - if it was out of the blue I'd say yeah bit of a dog act, but the fact is he copped a cheapie himself and then smith ran off, fug him got what he deserved.
Disagree, its the worse act I've seen since JFK got shot from the book depository.......and the grassy knoll.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
:clapping can't believe how long people hang on to nothing.