Author Topic: Reece Conca admits hit on Devon Smith ‘wasn’t my greatest moment’ (H-Sun)  (Read 7048 times)

dwaino

Have we determined if it was Reece's greatest moment yet?

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Let's move on, but the worst act I saw was Dermot Brereton king hitting Tony Free from behind 50 metres off the play. No one talks about that one, Tony didn't do much after that and I have spoken to him about it ...he was philosophical about it and pretty well said that is one of the parts of football, as should this Conca incident be looked at

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Brereton the golden boy of Fox Footy was one of the biggest dogs to take the field ever. Time has been kind to him.

Check out this act @1.27 where he stomps on the Hawks players head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H__eNg_bgiY

Everything is relative. Reece's act was low no doubt but it's been blown way out of proportion and will soon be forgotten.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Let's move on, but the worst act I saw was Dermot Brereton king hitting Tony Free from behind 50 metres off the play. No one talks about that one, Tony didn't do much after that and I have spoken to him about it ...he was philosophical about it and pretty well said that is one of the parts of football, as should this Conca incident be looked at

I remember that too well. Typical Brereton. He was a total dog. Freeza didn't forgive him for a long time I know that much.
Off the ball incidents began to be more heavily scrutinised because of that dirty dog.
I recall a day when Bartlett was coaching and Brereton king hit and ko'd two totally unsuspecting Richmond players in seperate off ball incidents. One was Peter Czerkaski. Can't remember the other one.
Agree with Mr.Magic. Brereton is now looked at as some 80's tough guy when the reality was he was no more than a cowardly thug
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
he was both, but to me its the cowardly thug that prevails.

pure scum, he can eat poo and die
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
I like it when he fondly reminisces about his old man....sounds like he was top bloke...well except ...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:54:14 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

I remember that too well. Typical Brereton. He was a total dog. Freeza didn't forgive him for a long time I know that much.
Off the ball incidents began to be more heavily scrutinised because of that dirty dog.
I recall a day when Bartlett was coaching and Brereton king hit and ko'd two totally unsuspecting Richmond players in seperate off ball incidents. One was Peter Czerkaski. Can't remember the other one.
Agree with Mr.Magic. Brereton is now looked at as some 80's tough guy when the reality was he was no more than a cowardly thug

Didn't he knock out one of the Ryan boys at the 'G?
He should've retired in 91
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
If you talk "dog's acts" , then Parson's was a dog act

Years later I played a couple of seasons cricket in the same team as Mark Jackson and one of his mates was Steve Parsons. He used to come down for card nights. I spoke to him about his part in that day's events and he told me a couple of things that I'm sure nobody heard or saw about that day and the lead up. Also said it's the most scared he'd ever been on a footy field.
 The other thing I recall is that Whale Roberts copped a full beer can in the face thrown from someone in the crowd that broke is nose. Talk about cowardly dog's acts.

That's interesting for sure.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to know there was other stuff that led to it happening because it just exploded seemingly out of nothing and when that happens there is almost always an underlying cause.  And even though I have fond memories of constructing beer can grandstands (steel cans of course) so I could see the game better, it was no surprise that they got banned from events.  Very dangerous missiles in the hands of cowardly feral drunks - just what the game doesn't need!!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Just in case anyone's forgot an article about new MRP placements features a picture of Concas love tap

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/premiership-stars-luke-ball-and-brad-sewell-join-new-look-afl-match-review-panel/story-fni5f22o-1227217727801

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Geez this was bloody funny. Not as funny as vickery but still had a good laugh.  :lol

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
The amount of times that image has been reproduced is hysterical.
Conca should have put Smith in hospital and made it worthwhile given the way soccer mums have carried on about it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
With apparently his first full preseason at Richmond, will he finally be better than Heppell?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Sadly, no.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
With apparently his first full preseason at Richmond, will he finally be better than Heppell?
full pre season my foot, he hasn't trained for weeks
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Weirdly, Marracas is right.