Author Topic: Official team vs Carlton - Round 1  (Read 4532 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Official team vs Carlton - Round 1
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 08:56:50 PM »
So really the setup will be something like:

Richmond

B:     Dylan Grimes,     Alex Rance,     Bachar Houli

HB:    Nick Vlastuin,     Troy Chaplin,     Jake Batchelor,

C:    Brandon Ellis,     Trent Cotchin,     Kamdyn McIntosh

HF:    Steven Morris,     Ben Griffiths,     Brett Deledio

F:    Shane Edwards,     Jack Riewoldt,     Sam Lloyd

Foll:    Ivan Maric,    Dustin Martin,    Taylor Hunt
I/C:    Shaun Grigg,    Chris Newman,    Anthony Miles,    Nathan Gordon

Emg:    Ricky Petterd,    Ty Vickery,    Kane Lambert

New:    Kamdyn McIntosh,    Taylor Hunt

As said, would be very happy with Lambert in and Newman out.
Really can't see why not. Gives you the extra midfield runner on the bench. Cannot see any reason why you would take Newman in as strictly a small forward when you have Morris, Deledio, Gordon, Lloyd or Edwards and at least one of Cotchin, Dusty and Hunt coming through there as well.
Unnecessary and limiting, but then Dimma always has to do something left field in selection to justify his existence and thumb his nose at the fans.
lol at that interchange. take miles out and we may as well not have one.
whats the go with batchelor we have chaplin, rance and grimes playing tall  we  need run pace and carry coming out of the backline and they name batchelor laughable. sheesh newman what a joke typical of what has gone before the favorites play while those like lambert whos actually earnt a game have to play in our vfl graveyard.
what a horrid fwd set up jack will be left to fend for himself when griffiths goes into the ruck, morris named fwd despite the experiment being an outright failure in the nab cup and sam lloyd whos a vfl player at best. what is wrong with those fools in charge.
win lose or draw they have no idea  i can see a long long season ahead.why do i say that. simple look at the other options and its is depressing.

i ask just one thing of them. acknowledge the players who as plain as the nose on your face cant take us upwards and play the younger blokes in their stead.

me in my tipping this week im tipping carlton by 20 points.

tony_montana

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
wow Newman...  Gordon also lucky, has zero form in nab cup, would play lambert and even butler ahead of both

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 09:08:24 PM »
wow Newman...  Gordon also lucky, has zero form in nab cup, would play lambert and even butler ahead of both
:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping and mckenzie knights.

No More

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 09:11:48 PM »
So really the setup will be something like:

Richmond

B:     Dylan Grimes,     Alex Rance,     Bachar Houli

HB:    Nick Vlastuin,     Troy Chaplin,     Jake Batchelor,

C:    Brandon Ellis,     Trent Cotchin,     Kamdyn McIntosh

HF:    Steven Morris,     Ben Griffiths,     Brett Deledio

F:    Shane Edwards,     Jack Riewoldt,     Sam Lloyd

Foll:    Ivan Maric,    Dustin Martin,    Taylor Hunt
I/C:    Shaun Grigg,    Chris Newman,    Anthony Miles,    Nathan Gordon

Emg:    Ricky Petterd,    Ty Vickery,    Kane Lambert

New:    Kamdyn McIntosh,    Taylor Hunt

As said, would be very happy with Lambert in and Newman out.
Really can't see why not. Gives you the extra midfield runner on the bench. Cannot see any reason why you would take Newman in as strictly a small forward when you have Morris, Deledio, Gordon, Lloyd or Edwards and at least one of Cotchin, Dusty and Hunt coming through there as well.
Unnecessary and limiting, but then Dimma always has to do something left field in selection to justify his existence and thumb his nose at the fans.

Jack is going to have to kick 7 goals for us to win I reckon. Its a pretty slow line up. Batchelor and Newman shouldn't play and should have been replaced by Lambert and maybe a kid like Butler.

tony_montana

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:37 PM »
:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping and mckenzie knights.

definitely knights, heard he needed one more hitout, but then so should newman given his preseason but he's different..
McKenzie is not far off, showed some glimpses in the nab challenge but probably hold him off for a few more weeks and get a few runs in the vfl before coming in against a doggies or Brisbane outfit that are light on for key defenders.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 09:20:25 PM »
Unreal. How can you justify Newman in the team, with no preseason over Lambert. stuffing pathetic!

Newman did a pre season, has just missed the last two weeks.
Get your facts right before you post !!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:24:46 PM by WilliamPowell »

tony_montana

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 09:23:29 PM »
actually reckon lennon has been alright this preseason, showing a bit more oomph and urgency in his game.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »
Unreal. How can you justify Newman in the team, with no preseason over Lambert. stuffing pathetic!

facts are he never earns his spot like most of the others.

This year 2 weeks last year he missed longer and waltzed right in.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:25:04 PM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 09:39:45 PM »

He may have done a pre-season but he hasn't player a game and their players who based on form should be in the side before him

Newman in is a complete joke. Screams of last year when he was able to just waltz back into the team and re-injure himself. Gordon as well is a pretty poor choice :banghead plenty of players out performed him in the pre season

Totally agree.

Newman getting a game sends a very poor message (again)

Gordon is incredibly lucky his NAB form was terrible
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:25:20 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »
Not happy with that side.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:42 PM »
actually reckon lennon has been alright this preseason, showing a bit more oomph and urgency in his game.
hed bloody want to. im all for playing the younger blokes and lennon is one id like to see played as well. me i still like think we should have taken others in front of this kid though. im still a big fan of blake acres despite him struggling thus far thru injury. imo hes on a slow burn to being real good.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »

Hey Wake up, you knew what I meant!!!!! NO GAME TIME....CLEAR ENOUGH???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:26:17 PM by WilliamPowell »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »
mckensie wont play a game in the afl this year..  way to roar and one paced at the moment.  there was a reason he slipped so far down draft..   

i like Gorden in the side, is a live wire and can really take a mark..  played some good games last year..

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 11:09:07 PM »
lol at that interchange. take miles out and we may as well not have one.

Agree with that.

I think it's great for the club that there is competition for the CHF spot with Vickery and Griffiths.
Petterd is unlucky but this is life as a recycled player.
I think people are getting a little over excited about Taylor Hunt. Naming him as first rover would be a nice confidence booster for him, but I am trying my best to keep expectations low. He should remain as a back up option only for centre square sets.
Morris in the forward line, don't like it, but if we are hatching a plan to go after the Burgoynes and Hodges of the world that get too much easy footy against us, then I suppose it's worth a try.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 08:11:58 AM »
The side is not to bad.I'm with people newy keeps getting easy games that's the wrong message.Lambert should have come in for the extra runner and maybe Knights as sub.My concern is the forward line a we one tall short.Must say tho both Vickery and Mcbean showed bugger all preseason.