Author Topic: Official team vs Carlton - Round 1  (Read 4536 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Official team vs Carlton - Round 1
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
don't understand Hardwick's decisions?

Newman in the team is clearly a message of "Hardwick's Untouchables".

Gordon? Lennon showed more and to give a player like Lennon experience tonight would improve him quicker than Gordon.

understand Vickery's situation, however he isn't a forward.

Conca is interesting, a bit harsh and would have Conca over Newman.

just play Conca in the midfield Hardwick and if you want a half back flanker you should have recruited one.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »
smells of hardwick playing funny buggers to me.

newman should be a late out and one of vickery lambert or pet - turd will come in.

Malthouse also playing funny buggers - surely casboult will play?

Listening to SEN this morning and they made a comment about going smaller to catch us out with speed. If this is their plan and we aren't ready we will be in big trouble.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 10:17:28 AM »
Hopefully 2 late changes, Newman and Gordon out for Petterd and Lambert.

Apart from that pretty happy with the side. Would have like Knights in there but think he had a slight setback after NAB 1?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
don't understand Hardwick's decisions?

Newman in the team is clearly a message of "Hardwick's Untouchables".

Gordon? Lennon showed more and to give a player like Lennon experience tonight would improve him quicker than Gordon.

understand Vickery's situation, however he isn't a forward.

Conca is interesting, a bit harsh and would have Conca over Newman.

just play Conca in the midfield Hardwick and if you want a half back flanker you should have recruited one.
you realise conca played plenty at hb as a junior. in fact i considered him more a flanker than a mid it was one of my gripes in us taking him where we did. its a legit  complaint about taking types of players and playing them elsewhere we have done it with so many and mainly failed. with conca at hb im not sure its a legit complaint this time around.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 12:11:20 PM »
The side is not to bad.I'm with people newy keeps getting easy games that's the wrong message.Lambert should have come in for the extra runner and maybe Knights as sub.My concern is the forward line a we one tall short.Must say tho both Vickery and Mcbean showed bugger all preseason.
there is another way around the tall fwd problem, trouble is people wont like it. we keep griffiths and riewoldt as permanent fwds. then wait for it!!!!! we could rotate maric with hamspud off the bench,  if we want to go a bit taller we then at least have the option of resting  resting one of em fwd.

just a thought  :help

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »
The side is not to bad.I'm with people newy keeps getting easy games that's the wrong message.Lambert should have come in for the extra runner and maybe Knights as sub.My concern is the forward line a we one tall short.Must say tho both Vickery and Mcbean showed bugger all preseason.
there is another way around the tall fwd problem, trouble is people wont like it. we keep griffiths and riewoldt as permanent fwds. then wait for it!!!!! we could rotate maric with hamspud off the bench,  if we want to go a bit taller we then at least have the option of resting  resting one of em fwd.

Hampson can't mark though therefore he will be useless up forward. Let's not forget his set shot at goal either.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »

Would rather lump McBean or McKenzie in as stay at home forward than play a man down by paying Hampson.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!