Author Topic: Changes for the Bulldogs game?  (Read 4084 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Changes for the Bulldogs game?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
Griffiths need to shine here.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 05:12:11 PM »
Out:
Lids
Newman
Gordon

In:
Lennon
Lambert
Astbury

Gordon's a hack but he's also reasonably quick - not sure we should be reducing our leg speed against a side like Footscray, particularly with Deledio out as well. Would replace Newman with Butler, not another tall, then send Morris back to defence with Butler up forward.

Of course the only change that will actually happen is either Lambert or Knights in for Deledio. Hardwick rarely drops his regulars after losses, let alone wins - even a scrappy win over a crappy side like Carlton.

Fair point. I'd leave Gordon in and re-consider bringing Astbury back for now. Who are their KPF's? Redpath and Boyd? I reckon Rance and Chaplin will have a day out here.

One thing for sure though - Newman HAS TO GO.

Don't know how he doesn't look himself in the mirror and feel somewhat ashamed. He's clearly washed up long ago and IMO brings nothing to the team on the field.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »
Newman and Gordon out. They're both no good
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »
Gordon is good for sub
Caracella and Balmey.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
Thomarse is a slow useless hack who won't help us at all....he's also still on the rookie list and so the point is moot anyway.
that slow useless hack quite simply put, out performed most of the love children last yr.
please if your going to be so harsh on thomas apply the same sort of criticism to the other hacks. he at least will lay plenty of tackles get plenty of contested ball in fact get plenty of ball and work for his teammates with plenty of 1%ers.
he had a very good game against the scraggers last yr in fact we would have been belted if not for the likes of him and cotchin.as it was we got beaten anyway.

i will take everyday of the week what he dished up last yr he was more than srvicable and a nice surprise.  and the yr before he absolutely smashed everyone in the sanfl to earn a second chance.. ive gotta give credit where its due.i didnt want him at the club but i wont let that blinker what hes done.

what the hell do you want from inside mids. to be grease lightning and run the lines it seems.   imo inside players  just need to tick 4 5   boxes to do their role well.

1/ find the ball.  he came 7th at the club for disposals and ave more than 20 a game for a mid he  ticks that box just.
2/ win contested ball came third at the club only behind cotchin and miles, ave 9.3 c/p a game it was spot on.
3/ win his share of clearances just a smidge under 4 a game that placed him 3rd behind only cotchin and miles.
4/ tackle/block/1%ers he did these things and more averaged 6 tackles a game #1 at the club.
5/ last but not least have a motor to get to contests this he quite clearly did.

for a rookie pick this was without doubt a marvelous return on our investment. it was a far better season than so many on the list.

the cons
without doubt
1/ pace yes he got caught out at times but you know what many inside mids do. should not be totally his problem good teams work for each other and cover each others deficiencies. hes not expected to be running down players in space.
2/ foot skills some games he had just too many.it was a problem and needs to be improved. me i could live with one or two clangers a game when he gives us the pros above.

this debate reminds me so much of tuck. tuckys big body and inside work made him worth his weight in gold despite the limitations.

finally people think miles replaced tuck and then thomas . id say miles has replaced foley and we are still searching for that big inside mid. atm imo thomas is the closest thing we have to big inside.

anyway all irrelevant thomas has been injured and has not been promoted from the rookie list.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 07:50:47 PM »
Claw, that's as much sense as you've ever made . I can't believe the mug hysteria that constantly fingered Thomas s place in the side. The elim final showed us for lacking another big bodied inside mid, Jackson would have been handy, not many would have agreed but Thomas may have offset the slaughter that unfolded by getting first hands on the footy. Nevertheless we have a gap in the side and I imagne this is what ellis was recruited for longer term
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 08:00:47 PM »
Gordon is good for sub
hes a dud.in saying that he  would undoubtedly  do  a better job as defensive fwd than morris did on thursday.  no one can be that bad can they.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
Craw also has love children?
Mine is Big Ben ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 08:20:18 PM »
Craw also has love children?
Mine is Big Ben ;D
i also like bens potential. i just expect em to CONSISTENTLY PERFORM AT THE LEVEL, before i proclaim them good players. its his performances that i criticise.even on thursday the inconsistencies rile me up.
biggest worry is the bloke needs to find some real mongrel and attack at the body.he needs to add some real aggresion to his game. he needs to stay involved in games more.

now i await the outraged ones who are so sensitive at any sort of critique.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »
I'm okay with your critique but he is improving as a player and so the trend is encouraging
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 10:25:38 PM »
Claw, that's as much sense as you've ever made . I can't believe the mug hysteria that constantly fingered Thomas s place in the side. The elim final showed us for lacking another big bodied inside mid, Jackson would have been handy, not many would have agreed but Thomas may have offset the slaughter that unfolded by getting first hands on the footy. Nevertheless we have a gap in the side and I imagne this is what ellis was recruited for longer term

That'd be right - the one time claw sticks up for a hack is the one time you agree with him.  As for the notion that bringing in the slowest player in the AFL would've helped us against the fastest side in the AFL.....yeah righteo....

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:47:44 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »
In the Mix - Round 2
Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
April 7, 2015

RICHMOND

There could be two changes for the Tigers this week, with tall defender David Astbury ready to return after being stung by a stingray and Brett Deledio facing a one-week suspension. Rather than a straight swap, it is likely Astbury, who played a VFL practice match at the weekend, would replace one of Dylan Grimes or Jake Batchelor. Putting their hands up for Deledio's position in the VFL were Ricky Petterd (24 possessions and two goals), Matt McDonough (25), Kane Lambert (25) and Chris Knights (28 and nine inside 50s). Midfielder Reece Conca (hamstring) is likely to spend one more week on the sidelines while Nathan Foley (foot) could be eased back in through the VFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-07/in-the-mix-round-two

No More

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:18 PM »

That'd be right - the one time claw sticks up for a hack is the one time you agree with him.  As for the notion that bringing in the slowest player in the AFL would've helped us against the fastest side in the AFL.....yeah righteo....

Bojangles is nothing more than a piszpot. So don't worry about it  ;D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:23 PM »
Gordon is good for sub
hes a dud.in saying that he  would undoubtedly  do  a better job as defensive fwd than morris did on thursday.  no one can be that bad can they.

We have close to eleven duds I our best 22.
I think a dud as sub is good damage control.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »
I'm okay with your critique but he is improving as a player and so the trend is encouraging
agreed.