Author Topic: Should Chris Newman follow Adam Goodes lead??  (Read 4042 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Should Chris Newman follow Adam Goodes lead??
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »
Sydney Swans great Adam Goodes wants to play reserves rather than be an AFL substitute amid fresh calls for the sub to be scrapped.

Goodes volunteered to be dropped to Sydney's reserves side in the NEAFL after just 15 frustrating minutes of match time as a sub last weekend in the Swans' round two clash with Port Adelaide.

Swans coach John Longmire said he was "more than happy to play him sub again" against Greater Western Sydney at the SCG on Saturday.

"But he suggested to play reserves, get some quality game time, get some form and fitness back and be able to push for senior selection after that," Longmire said on Thursday.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-16/sydney-swans-adam-goodes-to-play-neafl/6396844

I know Newman is likely to start on the ground but FFS he is slow as treacle and is DONE

If Newman did that it would be great for the VFL team and great for the AFL team

win win
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:43:11 PM by MintOnLamb »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Should Chris Newman follow Adam Goodes lead??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »
MintOnLamb,

can you please include a link for the parts of your post that have come directly from another source (lines 1-4)

of you don't we will have no choice but to removed those lines,

rules are clear; direct quotes from other sources must have the appropriate linek

Thanks
WP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
MintOnLamb,

can you please include a link for the parts of your post that have come directly from another source (lines 1-4)

of you don't we will have no choice but to removed those lines,

rules are clear; direct quotes from other sources must have the appropriate linek

Thanks
WP

No Probs all done
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:11:08 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »
Sydney Swans great Adam Goodes wants to play reserves rather than be an AFL substitute amid fresh calls for the sub to be scrapped.

Goodes volunteered to be dropped to Sydney's reserves side in the NEAFL after just 15 frustrating minutes of match time as a sub last weekend in the Swans' round two clash with Port Adelaide.

Swans coach John Longmire said he was "more than happy to play him sub again" against Greater Western Sydney at the SCG on Saturday.

"But he suggested to play reserves, get some quality game time, get some form and fitness back and be able to push for senior selection after that," Longmire said on Thursday.
(https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ZMDB_enAU505AU510&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=adam%20goodes)

I know Newman is likely to start on the ground but FFS he is slow as treacle and is DONE

If Newman did that it would be great for the VFL team and great for the AFL team

win win

linkis actually:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-16/sydney-swans-adam-goodes-to-play-neafl/6396844
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Now that's a leader, Chris Newman.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »
Now that's a leader, Chris Newman.
FIZZACTLY

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
Yes he should but unfortunately Newy being born and raised in Narre Warren is not a class person like Adam. Goodes is all class.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »
If Adam Goodes was really serious he wouldn't be playing this year at all. Clear as daylight that he should have quit at the end of last season as his form waned.

As for this notion of he has offered to play in the NEAFL, I don't buy it. Personally, he was about to be dropped. Facts are his pre-season form was terrible, hence why he was the sub the last 2 weeks and if the swans very serious and prepared to make the tough calls he wouldn't have played rds 1 & 2

He should have quit last year as well, just like Newman should have.

Sometimes clubs shouldn't give players the option, like what we did and what Sydney did with Goodes. They need to have the courage to say "thanks but time for you to move on"

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »
If Adam Goodes was really serious he wouldn't be playing this year at all. Clear as daylight that he should have quit at the end of last season as his form waned.

As for this notion of he has offered to play in the NEAFL, I don't buy it. Personally, he was about to be dropped. Facts are his pre-season form was terrible, hence why he was the sub the last 2 weeks and if the swans very serious and prepared to make the tough calls he wouldn't have played rds 1 & 2

Sometimes clubs shouldn't give players the option, like what we did and what Sydney did with Goodes. They need to have the courage to say "thanks but time for you to move on"

You have to be careful with legends of the club WP. I think there is a general feeling that you leave it to them to make the call.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
Lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »
Well they shafted Bolton in a hurry.

Geelong does it too. Chapman, Pods etc

And looky what we have here... recent premierships!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 02:19:46 PM »
But we hang on to the past at Richmond.
All the narcissists love it.
It's our culture.  :thumbsup
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

You have to be careful with legends of the club WP. I think there is a general feeling that you leave it to them to make the call.

While I understand that sentiment it appears that more than ever too many of them hang on too long. I am all for showing champions respect but the champions also need to show the same respect to their clubs.

And as Andyy said the Cats did it with Chapman.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
plus a coach who loves him unconditionally.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 06:04:12 PM »

While I understand that sentiment it appears that more than ever too many of them hang on too long. I am all for showing champions respect but the champions also need to show the same respect to their clubs.

And as Andyy said the Cats did it with Chapman.
Can we swap Newman for chappie?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.