Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ MCG - Round 4, 2015  (Read 20379 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ MCG - Round 4, 2015
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »
Jeepers Melbourne at $3.50 is juicy, especially with their record against us...  :help
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 03:17:02 PM »
If we don't lift, I reckon we'll lose. As has already been mentioned, dees play a style of footy we hate and struggle against. They pushed Adelaide last week to the limit physically, I have grave reservations we can cop that type of physicality unfortunately.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »
Agree. In addition Roos as a coach has a good record against us. Hardwick needs to tactically outwit Roos. Hardwick needs to be able to show that he has the ability to match it with tacticians.

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
Agree. In addition Roos as a coach has a good record against us. Hardwick needs to tactically outwit Roos. Hardwick needs to be able to show that he has the ability to match it with tacticians.
Are you saying that Roos know's what Hardwick can do? and that if we want to win Hardwick needs to throw a spanner in the works and try something different?
Well I hope I see that at the G tomorrow, but I can not see this happening and when we get shut down I think Hardwick isn't going to have a plan B.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »
Dimma on the game:

“We know it’s going to be a high tackle, high stoppage, high contested game . . . Paul Roos sides, that’s how they play, and we’re looking forward to that challenge.  We’ve set our players for it.

“It’s going to be an arm wrestle . . . 12 goals to 10, it’s probably going to be that sort of game.

“So we’ll set our players with that steely resolve.  They know they’ve got to come to play.

“We’ve got a really good opposition that is coming forward in leaps and bounds.  The quality of talent they’ve added over the course of the summer was evident for their supporters to see . . .

“We’re just looking forward to making sure we match their intensity early, because they do start well, and then get the game on our terms after that.”

Read more: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-23/tigers-ready-to-defy-demons

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »
More here:

Hardwick said it was crucial that his players lived up, from an effort perspective, to the hype surrounding the match that has increased throughout the week,  with both clubs keen to prove the contest should become an annual fixture.

Specifically, that means stopping Paul Roos' Demons from building momentum out of the first quarter, which they have done in all three games, albeit they have been overrun in the last two.

Melbourne are the only team other than Essendon to have won all three first terms this season, and have also lost only one second quarter.

They are particularly strong around the contest, too, with Champion Data figures ranking the Demons No.1 in the league for contested ball in first quarters, compared to the Tigers at 14th.

The Demons are also well up on execution, ranking No.3 for scores per inside 50 percentage in first quarters against Gold Coast, GWS and Adelaide, while the Tigers have been comparatively sluggish, ranking 17th, and getting jumped by Carlton in the season-opener and the Western Bulldogs in round two before leading Brisbane at quarter-time. 

On the flipside, Melbourne have won only one quarter after half-time, while Richmond are five out of six for wins in after-half-time quarters.

"We're just looking forward to making sure we match their intensity early, because they do start well, and then get the game on our terms after that," Hardwick said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brett-deledio-to-miss-clash-with-melbourne-and-doubtful-for-cats-encounter-20150423-1mrh3a.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 10:42:02 PM »
As Tucky would attest, Garry Lyon normally tries to pump us up and tips us whenever we are playing his old side Melbourne, almost as a jinx. Tonight though, he emphatically said "Melbourne will win". So hopefully it's a reverse jinx this time around and we do a job on the Dees  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 11:38:24 PM »
Cotchin will be bear-hugged to death.

Our forward line will be effing flooded.

Loose melbourne players everywhere not being manned up, uncontested marks all night.

Not many goals scored.

Melbourne will want it more.

Can see it going this way...

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »
Media doesn't rate us one bit. Just the way we should like it  :shh But then I looked at our outs and other injuries :thumbsdown
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Demons set Jack Riewoldt trap (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 03:31:22 AM »
Tom McDonald will have his hands full trying to contain Jack Riewoldt on Friday night

Sam Landsberger
Herald-Sun
April 23, 2015 9:15PM

SIZE will matter when Melbourne tries to disarm Richmond star Jack Riewoldt at the MCG tonight, according to awaiting defender Tom McDonald.

Riewoldt kicked 1.3 from nine disposals and was beaten by McDonald last year – along with his Tigers.

Both players enter in hot form with Riewoldt jagging 10.4 and McDonald losing just a single one-on-one contest after games against Taylor Walker, Jeremy Cameron and Dan Gorringe.

“Jack’s a very crafty player, always moving side-to-side or trying to get behind you,” McDonald, 22, said.

“He’s so opportunistic he might have nine disposals but kick six goals. I’ve got a size advantage on him in terms of height and arm length, so if I can make it messy and not let him get a jump at it (it’ll help), but it’s a big challenge.”

McDonald (194cm) is listed at 1cm shorter than Riewoldt but 1kg heavier and he has upped his rebound game this season, averaging an extra 3.2 intercept marks and 131 metres gained.

Melbourne backline coach Rawlings knows Riewoldt from time spent at the Tigers and says: “(McDonald) needs to concentrate for four quarters because Jack’s a very smart forward with a lot of tricks and asks a lot of you”.

McDonald said two of the Dees’ focuses were backline ground balls to limit opposition crumbers and powerful spoils to alleviate danger.

The full-back also said they looked at intercept marks and third-man involvements as part of coach Paul Roos’ team philosophy, while he was trying to convert more spoils into grabs.

“We just seem to stuff up easy opportunities, miss easy goals,” McDonald said on some of the frustration.

“We don’t want to allow easy goals by leaving a defender one-on-one in the square, we want to get back and help,” McDonald said.

“And we know we need to score more to win,” McDonald said.

“Not everyone’s going to get the ball every time but it might be your turn to run and spread out wide, just to allow space.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tom-mcdonald-will-have-his-hands-full-trying-to-contain-jack-riewoldt-on-friday-night/story-fndv8pdq-1227317791388

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers teamwork to protect Cotchin (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 03:33:51 AM »
Cotchin will be bear-hugged to death.

Tigers teamwork to protect Cotchin
Herald-Sun
April 24, 2015

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick is confident captain Trent Cotchin will have the midfield protection he needs should he face a tight-tagging Bernie Vince at the MCG tonight.

As the Tigers face the prospect of another two weeks without Brett Deledio, Hardwick backed Cotchin’s midfield teammates to give him the help he needs if he receives the same attention as Adelaide star Patrick Dangerfield.

Melbourne’s Vince raised eyebrows with his rough-house tactics on Dangerfield in the Crows’ win over the Demons at Adelaide Oval last round.

Cotchin is coming off a brilliant 37-possession performance in the Tigers’ win over the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba last week.

Asked if he had spoken to his midfield about needing to help Cotchin if Vince went to him in a similar role, Hardwick had no concerns.

“I think the pleasing thing for us is that our guys will naturally do that anyway,’’ Hardwick said.

“The great thing now is with our midfield depth, we can just basically roll through that and take it as it comes.

“There is three custodians of the game that are generally there to look after that, I don’t really have to worry about it.”

For his part, Hardwick said he no issue with Vince’s treatment of Dangerfield.
Brett Deledio will miss another game. Picture: Michael Klein

Brett Deledio will miss another game. Picture: Michael Klein Source: News Corp Australia

“I actually enjoyed it, I enjoy that aspect of the game,’’ Hardwick said.

“Bernie is a hard, tough player and he plays his footy the way that I like it to be played.’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/brett-deledio-unlikely-to-return-until-round-6-as-he-struggles-to-overcome-persistent-calf-injury/story-fndv8t7m-1227316759133

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 06:14:32 AM »
Heard it before. Waiting to see it!

Hopefully some physicality with Arnot ad Drummond being 180/86 and 182/86 respectively.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
Get ready for a Roos special of ugly football at its finest

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 10:26:51 AM »
I've got 1 question for Richmond.

WHATS INSIDE?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
versus Melbourne meltdown thread
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
Just thought I'd start one up early ;D