Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood @ MCG - Round 7, 2015  (Read 15078 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood @ MCG - Round 7, 2015
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »
We have never got one draft completely right,  mostly right or even half right. We either nail our first pick and waste the rest, or waste the whole lot.

Many other clubs tend to do what we do but they also get the draft half right or mostly right. That's the difference
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »
It's a combination of development and recruiting.

I have mentioned this before you go into a season adding to your coaching panel not reducing as we have done the last 3 years

I wouldn't stop at just draft picks check out our rookie draft. That's scary how pathetic we are and how good some clubs are at it

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
Would have could have should have

That type of analysis is probably on every other footy sides fan forum, it's not hard

A pick a dud on the list
B go through the drafts choices after that until you find a decent player

At least go for something original or that requires some sort of thought process
I think the point is, the players we talk about in hindsight were available at our pick. Not that hard to imagine we could have actually picked them if only we had a guy that could identify talent.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
We have never got one draft completely right,  mostly right or even half right. We either nail our first pick and waste the rest, or waste the whole lot.

Many other clubs tend to do what we do but they also get the draft half right or mostly right. That's the difference
Conca over Heppel, no one in the entire footy world would have done that!
Not only did FJ make that mistake, he has been ultra conservative since with that first round pick.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:01:14 PM by big tone »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »

Not only did FJ make that mistake, he has been altar conservative since with that first round pick.

I have to agree. And you're right. It was publicly known at the time that Heppell was the most talented pick at our pick, but with an injury cloud. Conca was rated 10-20. Didn't stop Essendon swooping. I wonder who did their due diligence on Heppell and who didn't? Was a medical even done?

Where is the paperwork on the decision, and others. Would love this to be released as part of member pressure. There is currently no accountability or transparency.

It's a double edged sword missing good players too. Not only do you not strengthen your own list, you make other clubs lists stronger. The repeated butchering of draft picks over each 5-7 year era of football has been a gift to many other clubs in strengthening and completing their lists, which contributes to these clubs owning us on the field.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
I guess my main point is that you can clearly get talent at least three rounds into the draft.

Yet here we are wondering if first round picks like Vickery, Conca and Lennon will make it. Even B Ellis and Vlastuin seem to have stopped developing.

Disastrous drafting/development.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2015, 01:39:45 PM »
I guess my main point is that you can clearly get talent at least three rounds into the draft.

Yet here we are wondering if first round picks like Vickery, Conca and Lennon will make it. Even B Ellis and Vlastuin seem to have stopped developing.

All indications are that you are correct and will be probably proven even moreso in time
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:27:06 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »
There's no doubting it, FJ's record is poor and Gale needs to hold him to account.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »

Also how COnca will walk back into the squad as too will Newman.
Vickery already did.
Ellis and Vlaustin already guaranteed starters without any form.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »
TV put on a clinic in the ressies before his return matey, 6 goals  in  two games  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2015, 07:51:07 AM »

Not only did FJ make that mistake, he has been altar conservative since with that first round pick.

I have to agree. And you're right. It was publicly known at the time that Heppell was the most talented pick at our pick, but with an injury cloud. Conca was rated 10-20. Didn't stop Essendon swooping. I wonder who did their due diligence on Heppell and who didn't? Was a medical even done?

Where is the paperwork on the decision, and others. Would love this to be released as part of member pressure. There is currently no accountability or transparency.

It's a double edged sword missing good players too. Not only do you not strengthen your own list, you make other clubs lists stronger. The repeated butchering of draft picks over each 5-7 year era of football has been a gift to many other clubs in strengthening and completing their lists, which contributes to these clubs owning us on the field.
What other clubs release paperwork on their drafting?
Actually thought we did a couple of presentations to our "inner sanctum" supporters a few years ago? Maybe this stopped because we stuffed it up?
Anyways, I'm keen to see how this batch go - Menadue, Ellis, Butler etc
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.