Author Topic: Results - OER's most hated opposition team  (Read 2043 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Results - OER's most hated opposition team
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
-------------RESULTS - OER'S MOST HATED OPPOSITION TEAM 2015-----------------

Thank you to everyone who ranked their teams in order of most to least hated, on the other thread.

The results are in and it's a very interesting picture of proportional collective hatred! These will be released in order to least to most hated from now until the announcement of the most hated team on Saturday.

A reminder that the results are based on the teams put forward by each 21 individual site members ranking. For each site member, teams were allocated points based on their ranking. 17 pts for most hated, 16pts for second most hated and so forth, down to 1 point for least hated (where teams were left off because of indifference or 'meh', the remaining points were shared for these teams and averaged out. Similarly if teams shared an equal level of hatred by a site member, they shared an average amount of points for their position). All points were then tallied and averaged out per team.

The maximum amount of points (most hated) is 17. The least amount of points (least hated) is 1.

So, what were our results? Today, I release the following:-

--------------

17th most hated team - BRISBANE - 5.88/17pts
Hate level - indifference
Nothing overly surprising about our least hated team. By the numbers, Brisbane is ranked with the 16th most hated team very closely, and represent indifference. Half of the posters failed to list them. And the highest they were individually listed were something like 10th. Simply, they are of little relevance to Tiger supporters.

Or maybe even a little love? Many Richmond supporters loved their demolition of Port and Colingwood in their triple premiership run. Since then and in particlar, in recent times, they have been our bunnies. A contextual mix of old time respect and little threat today.

-------------

16th most hated team - FREMANTLE - 6.07/17pts
Hate level - indifference
Rated a very close 16th were Freo. In Fremantle instance though, there's just no reason to have a view. Apart from one poster ranking them 6th most hated, most Tiger supporters simply don't care. They haven't achieved anything nor have they done anything negative to generate any collective hate. Being located so far away, it's a total Meh and along with Brisbane, Freo round out the clear least hated two teams.

-------------

15th most hated team - ST.KILDA - 6.97/17 pts
Hate level - Moderate
Here we start to feel a bit of heat towards our opposition, in what I would categorise (along with the next 4 teams) as moderate hatred. A few posters had them in their top half dozen or so. Why? I sense because of the whole culture, Steven Milne, cry boy Riewoldt and the fact that they owned us till recent years. Historically, they are a dirty club. Watering that mud heap at Moorabbin to doctor results and Havinf a penchant for throwing the biff. But at the end of the day, just 1 premiership and being crap now means there's little threat and they ranked accordingly. Our least hated Victorian team.

Tomorrow:- we round out the moderately hated teams - 14th, 13th, 12th and 11th.

Agree or disagree ?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Results - OER's most hated opposition team
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:26:59 AM »
Really enjoying this.....Great job Dooks.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 02:18:58 AM »
This is your finest work on oer Dooks - well done
Unleash the tornado

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:36:16 AM »
Yesssss big man  :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »
Solid work Dooks

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »
14th most hated team - PORT ADELAIDE - 6.98/17pts
Hate level - moderate
Port Adelaide rated on average a moderate level of hate, with a few posters having them in their top half dozen of loathing, and one as their most hated. The remainder rated middle of the road or 'meh'. This is somewhat surprising given their demolition of us in last years final, and their feral supporters. Perhaps our defeat of them this year has taken the edge off for most supporters.

-------------

13th most hated team - ADELAIDE - 7.09/17pts
Hate level - moderate
The Crows represent our most hated SA team. Generally a more consistent level of hatred was displayed by us to their Port cross town rivals. A corporate SANFL birth, two flags out of their arses, and Chardonnay supporters likely adding to the heat, with historic Richmond wins in the rain at Football Park over the years as well as their lack of recent competitiveness tempering the fury.

-------------

12th most hated team - WESTERN BULLDOGS - 7.14/17 pts
Hate level - Moderate
The Bulldogs come in within the dirty dozen. Two posters had them in their top 4. The Bulldogs, well, what is there not to hate? Who can forget the Knights-liberatore incident. For old timers, the trip to the Westen Oval was also not entirely pleasant. More recently, anyone for Jordan McMahon?  There's also been more than a couple of wins in the last 5 years which they have unexpectedly pulled off against us. But perhaps above all else, to tiger supporters, the Bulldogs represent a culture which 'out-workin class's' Richmond's. And that's just weird. However, there recent list building is admired by many.

-------------

11th most hated team - GWS - 7.15/17 pts
Hate level - Moderate
Well well well, here we start to get a bit heated about the recent expansion teams. GWS finished (just) ahead of the Bulldogs, but for obviously different reasons. One of the AFLs northern children who have had the world handed to them on a platter, draw virtually nobody to games, and have weird arse colours. Just a soulless, pointless club. With their recent success in the first half of 2015, I predict GWS will rocket up the charts in the near future (especially if they beat us this year). For now though, they round out the teams who scored a moderate level of displeasure.

Tomorrow:- we enter the territory of the top 10 most hated teams, all who we have collectively rated with a 'moderate-high' hate level - 10th, 9th, 8th and 7th.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
Methinks someone has way too much time on their hands.

:cheers

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »
I DEFINITELY hate Port Adelaide more than the Crows. They are the Collingwood of Adelaide and their feral, lunatic fans (who have to be replaced by beach blankets when the side isn't travelling well) are truly hateful. They gave us some real hidings for years. I'll never forget how we played them the week Jack Dyer died, and though we were struggling at the time, we took the match right up to them, narrowly failing to win the points. And those disrespectful bastards thought the win was such a fait accomplish that they didn't even bother to sing their team song, which was such a slap in the face to the memory of Jack. I hung over the fence at Telstra Dome and reminded them of this insult when we pantsed them there a couple of years later.   

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
A lot disappointed in ports ranking and not so pleased with the aints either.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »
Dooks , you make me want to buy a Brisbane membership.

For a decade they have been the gift which keeps on giving .

Wish we played them twice every year.   :birthday :santa
Unleash the tornado

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »
You lot should see the order of the top 6. Even 7 - 10th.  There will be disagreement between site members! But the overall averages don't lie.

Numerically there's not alot of difference between 10th - 17th but 1-9th is a different story
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »
You lot should see the order of the top 6. Even 7 - 10th.  There will be disagreement between site members! But the overall averages don't lie.

Numerically there's not alot of difference between 10th - 17th but 1-9th is a different story
You should not be using average values with low numbers. You should be using median values. Should have consulted with a statistician before embarking on such erroneous calculations. ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 06:17:42 PM »

You should not be using average values with low numbers. You should be using median values. Should have consulted with a statistician before embarking on such erroneous calculations. ;D

I considered medians but it would have unfairly blunted results where many teams weren't specifically nominated......plus i knew using the average would generate a bit more debate which is always entertaining   :laugh:
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
Ok here we go kids.....

10th most hated team - GOLD COAST - 7.57/17pts
Hate level - moderate-high
The Suns scrape into the top 10, probably fuelled by their famous win after the siren against us courtesy of a rugby player (for gods sake) and, as per GWS, by there very nature as being an expansion team at the teet of the AFL. A poor year has probably been kind to their overall hatred rating for most, yet 4 or so site members ranked them in their top half dozen or so. Burn baby burn.

-------------

9th most hated team - GEELONG - 7.64/17pts
Geelong tended to polarise us perhaps more than most other teams, hence their middle of the road position. Driving the hatred are factors such as their dominance over us for God knows how long, being a successful club for so long, and in particular, their smashing of us in the late 2000's by a gazillion points at docklands. Did I also mention generation after generation of Abletts, massive goal hauls by GOD and their murdering of us in the finals in 1995 at Waverley. But I suspect older, more seasoned Tiger supporters remember (and pity) the Cats of older times.Handbaggers. Soft and always the brides made. Those softer times appear to be returning for us more seasoned supporters, and so too is our pity rather than hatred.

-------------

8th most hated team - WEST COAST - 7.88/17pts
Hate level - moderate-High
If there were finals for our hatred, West Coast scrapes into the 8 and therefore qualify as being successful. I personally must admit I don't really understand the hate. If I could psychoanalyse it, I would hypothesise that it happens to be the first interstate team to show us VICS how to be successful and win premierships, at a time when, let's face it, we have been poo. A corporate, entirely manufactured club. A number of players over the years who are r-soles. Other than that, their fans are constant booers which is annoying. And I think our site members from the lovely city of Perth up voted them. Fair enough.

-------------
7th most hated team - SYDNEY - 8.17/17pts
Statistically, Sydney represents a spike in the number of us who really hate their arses. They also ranked highest of any interstate club. I would also argue they have the most number of reasons to hate them, so the Bloods are ironically death by a thousand cuts as far as we are concerned. Need a reason to hate them? Here's a few. The Buddy Franklin Deal. the Lockett deal (when he was supposedly heading our way). The Tippett deal. Low scoring football. The cost of living allowance. Preferable recruiting zones. The Sydney Academy. Barry Hall playing finals. Adam Goodes. The AFL has always looked after Sydney. And the Sydney Swans  seem stand for something that isn't quite AFL in a Victorian sense. A Bondi Cocktail of individualism, privilege and playing the game more off field than on it. Feel the hate. FEEEL IT.

Tomorrow, we enter the top 6.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 06:14:17 PM »
6th most hated team - HAWTHORN - 9.36/17pts
Hate level - high
Here come the big guns, and the hatred is firing red hot from both barrels at our turd-feathered eastern suburban cousins. The step up in hate from other teams to Hawthorn was strong and a hint, this continues from 6th all the way to número uno.

The reasons? If you grew up in the eighties as a Richmond supporter, you would have had a tonne of fair weather Hawthorn mates rubbing your nose in it. And I can't tell you how much that sucked from 1983 to 1994, particularly when we barely survived let alone strung any season of relative competitiveness together. But there's more than that. dunstalls 17 goals against us in the early 90s, the poo wee jumper (and its suspicious transition from mid brown to brown-black), Campbell Brown for gods sake. We also don't like teams muscling in on our supporter heartland and claiming to have more members whilst being a top 4 club. But more likely, it's their recent success from a relatively similar list base in 2004. Hawthorn are successful. They got their list right, their coach right, their finances right. The results followed. And they do it better than us. And sad as it is to admit, that for mine is worthy of hate every day of the week.

--------

5th most hated team - MELBOURNE - 9.86/17pts
Hate level - high
My personal hatred for the dees knows no bounds. And with so many of you voting similar, we have much in common. Growing up in an extended family of mostly Demons supporters cultivated a lot of personal hate. I never could relate to that sense of superiority, upper class entitlement that goes hand in hand with the club which, is somewhat at odds with the gritty, fighting working class spirit of the Tigers. But I digress.

I would charge you to find a Richmond supporter who hated another player and club more on a single day, than Melbourne and Jeff Farmer, after he yet again tore us a new one by kicking bags of goals out of his arse and running around the boundary line high fiving every Melbourne effing supporter after each effing goal. In modern times, Melbourne are tankers and priority pick seekers. Good enough for mine to land them in the top 5. Enough said.

-------

4th most hated team - COLLINGWOOD - 11.05/17pts
Hate level - high
The magpies. The most universally hated club in the afl. And the hate is strong for us too with about half of us having them in our top few. It's a strong hate and its as engrained in our instincts. Collingwood is like that redneck cousin who is even more bogan than you. And that's weird and just not acceptable.

Make no mistake, Collingwood and Richmond have always been the two biggest clubs in Melbourne. From the 80s and prior we were traditional rivals facing off in a number of finals. That along with the player wars (which we lost)  provides for a DEEEEP hatred which still exists today. Want some more modern reasons? Look no further than the people. Tony Shaw, Eddie McGuire, FIGJAM, the Clokes, Harry Lumumba, Nick Maxwell.
"Sliding doors moment.