Author Topic: Adam Goodes Booing  (Read 60608 times)

Gigantor

Re: Adam Goodes Booing
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 01:45:11 PM »
Al I don't like the way he goes about his football but I leave it at that

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
Booed the stuffer all night

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 02:10:13 PM »
Yesss  :clapping
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »

Yep me too

Have always thought he is a sook

But the last 3-4 years it's got worse his constant sooking to the umps and now with the staging for free kicks the way play he plays is a blight on the game

Has nothing to do with his race or political views for me it's solely about footy and he is simply a poor sportsman
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:45:40 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
i've edited my post as it was a bit ambiguous.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 06:00:39 PM »
He's actually adopted.

His real parents were Iraqi.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »
I don't  dislike him because he's black but it makes it more fun.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 06:20:26 AM »
Booed the stuffer all night

Did you call the Swans crowd racist when they booed the umpires?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 06:30:34 AM »
Some interesting opinions here. I'll add mine to the pile;

What absolutely disappoints me is a proper lack of sympathy for Goodes. Hate him when he takes the field for the less than sportsman-like tactics he has employed more recently, but for gods sake, he's one of the games modern champions. There is a clear and undeniable racial undercurrent to the 'booing'; and whilst I would think most of it legitimately stands as unrest for his tactics, there would be some who simply boo because they're racist pricks. The manner in which he is booed contains a large element of this, and those that do wish to boo him need to understand they're lending their voice, and giving an amount of legitimacy to racism.

Some of the posters here also accused him of having no right to raise Aboriginal issues, which really is disastrously ill-informed and unfair. Because he grew up in a "white" part of Australia he is not entitled to associate with his Aboriginality? Seriously?

Here's some fun facts regarding indigenous peoples in Australia and around the world:

There is no such thing as Race; which is to say there is no actual biological basis for the notion of Race. During the height of imperial colonization (anywhere from 1500 - 1800) social theorism took prominence with ideas of 'social darwinism' which is to say there existed a hierarchy of peoples from around the world; and that of course the most cultivated sat at the top of this ladder; that being white Europeans. These theories; and they still exist as nothing more than antiquated theories, gave justification and rationale for the obvious inhuman treatment of indigenous inhabitants from various new world countries. In other words, "we're better than you, therefore we deserve your land and you have no rights in our world'. Aboriginal Australians suffered relatively fiercely (although admittedly not as bad as South Americans or Calypso inhabitants) from this method of thinking.

The killing of Tasmanian aboriginals ranks as the 6th greatest genocide in contemporary history. The 6th biggest!

And we call Adam Goodes a flog simply for raising these facts in a public forum. He was awarded Australian of the year, he didn't nominate for it. He was given the award for being a high-achieving and excellent role model for aboriginal Australians, and when he used that forum to raise issues that gripe with the general white Australia, we cringe.

After all, its easier to blame someone else and call them a flog than own up to our own errors of the past.

I dont' like the way he goes about his football at the moment, but I adore the bloke for standing up for what he believes in; speaking obvious unpleasant truths to a public and KNOWING he would receive backlash for it; for the greater good of society and his people. What have you done in your life?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 10:09:53 AM »
Bloke is a wanker. Uses his indigenous heritage as a crutch - IE everybody only criticises him 'because he's black' kind of BS. Victim victim victim.

He is also inherently racist himself and frequently refers to 'you' (plural) and 'us' (indigenous) when discussing Australia's population to maintain a clear distinction between who he believes is deserving of the title.

So like I said - wanker! The fact that he's of indigenous background is only incidental to me.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
sweet

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »

There is a clear and undeniable racial undercurrent to the 'booing'. The manner in which he is booed contains a large element of this, and those that do wish to boo him need to understand they're lending their voice, and giving an amount of legitimacy to racism.

Political correctness gone mad. How on earth do people booing a player who happens to be aboriginal have anything to do with race? Should I stand and point at any aboriginal, greek, latino or whatever who boos Brent Harvery? Can tell you now, they aren't booing him because he's white but because he is a little prick.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 06:19:33 AM »

There is a clear and undeniable racial undercurrent to the 'booing'. The manner in which he is booed contains a large element of this, and those that do wish to boo him need to understand they're lending their voice, and giving an amount of legitimacy to racism.

Political correctness gone mad. How on earth do people booing a player who happens to be aboriginal have anything to do with race? Should I stand and point at any aboriginal, greek, latino or whatever who boos Brent Harvery? Can tell you now, they aren't booing him because he's white but because he is a little prick.
Can't boo Boomer cause he's a dwarf
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »
I boo Boomer.

I don't boo the little dude on Game Of Thrones.

I refuse to admit to being a dwarfist.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 07:53:49 PM »
Dirty dog players get what they deserve from the crowd.
That's rock and roll.
It's because he's a dirty, sneaky lying idiot on the field.
Always has been.
Caracella and Balmey.