Author Topic: Adam Goodes Booing  (Read 61848 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Adam Goodes Booing
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
I don' tknow what's funnier, Goodes or robbo
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
Sydney chairman has just said if you boo Goodes you're racist...

This is hilarious, the afl industry is digging itself into a bigger hole by the hour. There was a lot of discotent when Rendall was treated the way he was, people will not budge on this - I can see the afl resorting to making a new anti boo law lmao. Will sink the game quick smart

dwaino

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2015, 06:54:26 PM »
They're the only ones making it a racial issue. Goodes just thinks so highly of himself, that he's so perfect that it has nothing to do with playing dirty, playing for free kicks because the game is past him, having a sook over everything. No, clearly it must be because he's black. So Adam, why don't Franklin or Jetta cop the same treatment from the crowd when Sydney play?

Dead set I hope the booing intensifies. What an arrogant pig.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2015, 07:00:41 PM »
they had that stuffwit frawley that runs the show up here on the radio carrying on about it was all racist blah blah. he said he wants the afl to schedule a syney game up here next year so poor pitiful me Adam can play in a environment where it wont happen. the vast majority of callers and texts in reply got stuck into goodes, despite the dozy presenter repeatedly saying this all has come about after the spear chucka actions he did.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »
Sounds like they're discriminating against whites. We can't do this, we can't do that. I hope we have a round in our honour.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 07:24:17 PM »
They're the only ones making it a racial issue. Goodes just thinks so highly of himself, that he's so perfect that it has nothing to do with playing dirty, playing for free kicks because the game is past him, having a sook over everything. No, clearly it must be because he's black. So Adam, why don't Franklin or Jetta cop the same treatment from the crowd when Sydney play?

Dead set I hope the booing intensifies. What an arrogant pig.

or selwood, harvey or lloyd??

kidding yourself if other players and there are plenty who stage more than goodes cop more or equal to what he has endured.

I really wonder if it would be this would be that bad had he not won AOTY. My guess is no.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »
My take not that it means much.

It baffles me why people have the energy to boo week in week out and to the same bloke. I get the umpires thing but even that takes too much energy. Mitchell was yes thats true but for one week. Watson was for a month but thats over now, and in hindsight why did they boo him. Is he a cheat as we stand here today?

Personally i think the world is stuffed if you have grown men upwards of 60 booing a bloke with their kids next to them for reasons, stemming from winning the Aus of the year and getting a few cheap free kicks. Deny all you like but it all started then or it really cranked up a geer then,  so blame those who delivered it not the recipient.
Imagine the kids asking their old man why he was booing. "aah son because he won the award he didnt deserve or he staged for frees or he stands up for something he believes in and the indigenous community respect him for.

Sorry most here wont like this but i like Goodes. I met him in Sydney and he was a dude. Saw him quite a lot riding a $5 bike around Bondi. Give me a bloke that any day than a carey or n stevens kind of flog.

I think there is a lack of sympathy shown here to the man who is a champion of the game. yes champion, for reasons like "staging for frees" . Harvey will retire soon and besides how i perceive some of his onfield antics, he will still go down as a great servant of the game.

Lastly i dont  know much about the work he does with indigenous people, but show me one indigenous person now who has not defended him or will not. Bet you dont find one. He is well very respected by them and seems like an eloquent spokesman for his people.

I think for some its racial but mostly its a sheep mentality starting with the award and its  grown legs.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 07:59:32 PM »
Whether it was unwittingly or not, he has become the indigenous provocateur of the AFL.
An Anthony Mundine if you will.
At the time I thought good on him, keeping the bastards honest but boy YOUD want to have a thick skin - like Mundine.
You've made your bed Adam, whether you agree or not, you've made your bed now.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
My take not that it means much.

It baffles me why people have the energy to boo week in week out and to the same bloke. I get the umpires thing but even that takes too much energy. Mitchell was yes thats true but for one week. Watson was for a month but thats over now, and in hindsight why did they boo him. Is he a cheat as we stand here today?

Personally i think the world is stuffed if you have grown men upwards of 60 booing a bloke with their kids next to them for reasons, stemming from winning the Aus of the year and getting a few cheap free kicks. Deny all you like but it all started then or it really cranked up a geer then,  so blame those who delivered it not the recipient.
Imagine the kids asking their old man why he was booing. "aah son because he won the award he didnt deserve or he staged for frees or he stands up for something he believes in and the indigenous community respect him for.

Sorry most here wont like this but i like Goodes. I met him in Sydney and he was a dude. Saw him quite a lot riding a $5 bike around Bondi. Give me a bloke that any day than a carey or n stevens kind of flog.

I think there is a lack of sympathy shown here to the man who is a champion of the game. yes champion, for reasons like "staging for frees" . Harvey will retire soon and besides how i perceive some of his onfield antics, he will still go down as a great servant of the game.

Lastly i dont  know much about the work he does with indigenous people, but show me one indigenous person now who has not defended him or will not. Bet you dont find one. He is well very respected by them and seems like an eloquent spokesman for his people.

I think for some its racial but mostly its a sheep mentality starting with the award and its  grown legs.
He might be a great bloke but he behaves like a prima donna on field. Australians hate prima donnas. Remember how he carried on when Rance slid in a contest with Buddy? The replay showed no contact but he behaved like Rance had decapitated Buddy. Performances like that are now common in his game. FFS he was bestowed Australian of the year. He should behave in a respectable way, not like a sook.
I thought his award was complete BS.  I know people who grew up in far worse situations and have worked tirelessly all their life to help people for little reward who will never get an award like that because they are not indigenous. It was a racist decision giving it to him. Of course it is not his fault he was given the award. But once he received it he should have started to behave in a way that paid respect to the award. No faking for frees and carrying on like a pork chop on field. He his being booed for a reason Angus. If you can't see this, you are refusing to see the obvious.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
Okay great so its his on field antics then yeah? good so others like harvey and carey copped the same flack for a year on end week in week out did they?

i know why his being bood and like i said there is far worse than him on a footy field and have been in the past. I think if you want to boo then good luck to you. I just think its sad seeing old blokes do it to the same guy with their kids next to them.  If my girls were to pull that crap with me next to them i know what il be saying to them, but thats my opionion and i respect others if they want to boo just dont get why they waste their energy. I barely watch a full game these days let alone waste my time booing a bloke.

My question is why didnt others like sellwood j king etc etc cop the same treatement for years on end if its about the staging? That's what some including you are saying its about.

Your right about one thing he didnt beg for the award it was given to him so direct your hate toward them.

i see all players have come out in support and seem united on this so they are all wrong hey?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »
Al I don't like the way he goes about his football but I leave it at that

Yep me too

Have always thought he is a sook

But the last 3-4 years it's got worse his constant sooking to the umps and now with the staging for free kicks the way play he plays is a blight on the game

Has nothing to do with his race or political views for me it's solely about footy and he is simply a poor sportsman

you ever see jake king stage for frees or you were on the turps at that time, or just conveniently not like to focus on others who do it.
Harvey, L thomas, lloyd blights on the game also and poor sportsmen?

Just saying you have a view great and there is nothing wrong with it but to single a bloke solely because of staging is the biggest load of crap. Its more than that otherwise we would hear you bitch and moan about all the players who do it in the league.

For some its racial, some its the award and the majority are just sheep who have jumped on, siimilar to the hate once directed to a bloke named hewitt.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »
I had a lot of time and respect for Adam Goodes going back and in spite of the eroding of his performance as a footballer with his whinging and staging in later years, I never really cared enough to comment or react because it seemed just small blips on his otherwise good football character, but the single thing that lost me was his disgraceful behaviour to a young child who had little or no idea that what she was saying was racist, or had the maturity to have a valid comprehension of the meaning of her words.  A true "good person" or "gentleman" or "indigenous leader" would have handled that issue in such a different way instead of the inflammatory, egotistical, petulant and completely unforgiving way Goodes went about it and at that point that was it for me.  Nothing about his race, but all about his character.  And his actions since, especially his speech on being named AOTY, have done nothing but confirm in my eyes what a self-absorbed person he really is.  He has an agenda that is all about Adam Goodes and he doesn't give a flying f about the mechanisms he uses to push that agenda.  A true leader would speak about the issues he cares about seeking an outcome that is for reconciliation and promotion of sharing the common purpose for the betterment of our country, not embarking on a mission of inciting division and hatred.  He is exactly the person he rails against but he has a large number of media sycophants who are more than happy to peddle his poison for the sake of a headline or conflict to scoop on, mostly because it is easy and lazy journalism, something that comes naturally to so many in the p-weak fraternity that call themselves journalists in our country.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »
I understand your point Angus, and to be honest I agree why bother booing? I wouldn't waste my time or energy booing the bloke, because he isn't worth my time or energy

But I pose this question to you

there are a lot of indigenous players running around every week; Buddy, Cyril, Burgoyne, the Hill Bros, Titch Edwards to name a few

All these blokes play every week and they don't get booed. Why? If it was simply a racial issue then IMV there would be more booing but there isn't.

So this is about an individual, not a race but an individual who clearly has polarised people

Yes there are some out there that are booing for racial reasons but there is also a lot of people booing him because of way he now plays the game

Throw in some of the comments he made about Australia and Australians while he was Australian of the Year and he clearly hasn't endeared himself to people.

I mean who could forget his comments about Australia Day, saying we shouldn't celebrate it. We he speaks it's always divisive unlike Michael Long who always speaks about being inclusive.

I would suggest that Adam Goodes take a step back and actually take some responsibility for his own actions and words. Because whether he realises it or not his words & actions promote the very thing that he always seems to make things about and that's racism

Just my take

And can I add I don't think the Chairman of the Swans or their CEO has helped the situation by making comments and saying it is solely about racism.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:33 PM »
I have no respect for his comments in the past,, his actions, but enough is enough
People still calling him an ape, so there is a lot of racism out there and he has to cop it and not expect to be upset about it.  Pretty hard thing not to be upset
When Andrew Symons was called a monkey most people were appalled.  I don't think Goodes is any different.
Booing has been part of footy and nothing wrong with it when it's footy related, but to keep on going with it when I think he has received the message is overkill and trying to put him in a mindset he probably will find difficult to cope with. 
I don't like him, but I don't understand the pure hatred of the man.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 09:49:37 PM »
The fact that he is taking time off footy IMHO makes things worse. Makes him look more of a sook. More of a self opinionated prima donna.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.