Author Topic: Phil Walsh found dead  (Read 11074 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Phil Walsh found dead
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »
Agreed. So why is it ridiculous the winning songs won't be played ? Shouldn't matter to you

Ok.
Here's the point.
A woman is killed every week as a result of domestic violence but if it's a footy coach we can't sing team songs.
Pull your heads out of your arses.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
Bit of an overreaction stopping the songs and running through banners, even a minutes silence (where do you draw the line?)
Footy is a release for a lot of people from the day day to drudgery of life and the sad things like this that happen.
Reckon if Walsh was alive he would say get on with it as a guess.
Tptally understand the Adelaide game not being played and a real horrible story. but....yeah

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »
Agreed. So why is it ridiculous the winning songs won't be played ? Shouldn't matter to you

Ok.
Here's the point.
A woman is killed every week as a result of domestic violence but if it's a footy coach we can't sing team songs.
Pull your heads out of your arses.

terrorism on te front page of the paper every day....

Doctor turf was spot on in his wrap on sen

IMO
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 10:38:45 PM »
Brilliant ^

Players play after deaths of family members - by choice.

It's a rubbish knee jerk reaction by Aunty Gil.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 10:40:33 PM »
Geelong should have gotten four points and Adelaide should have forfeited if they can't play.
It's ludicrous.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
I think we get your sentiment.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2015, 11:19:28 PM »
Plenty of site members wanting to wear the Cape.  Good luck
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2015, 11:20:41 PM »
Phil Walsh, pictured left circa early eighties

...John Annear are on the right, no?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2015, 11:29:39 PM »
I think common sense prevailed. Cancelling a game 3 days out from a coach being murdered. That's reasonably full on. Maybe its different if he was unwell but murdered is as full on as it gets. Not sure how many blokes would rock up to work 3 days after their mentor or boss of theres died let alone murdered.

Think it's stupid not playing songs or banners the entire week though. How depressing is that. How about a minutes applause each game out of respect. They do it better in Europe. Very depressing after final siren tonight, just a sad reminded of what happened. Bit soft from Gil.
Go Tigers!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2015, 11:36:47 PM »
I think common sense prevailed. Cancelling a game 3 days out from a coach being murdered. That's reasonably full on. Maybe its different if he was unwell but murdered is as full on as it gets. Not sure how many blokes would rock up to work 3 days after their mentor or boss of theres died let alone murdered.

Think it's stupid not playing songs or banners the entire week though. How depressing is that. How about a minutes applause each game out of respect. They do it better in Europe. Very depressing after final siren tonight, just a sad reminded of what happened. Bit soft from Gil.

The min clapping in soccer is excellent

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »

I'm sure he would have liked them to stand up and take the four points.
That's why he had a job
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2015, 11:49:32 PM »
Apparently Chocco was close with him and I would suspect that Hardwick & Lade had something to do with him too during the port days I think. If true I wonder how they're coping with this tragedy.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2015, 12:00:56 AM »

I'm sure he would have liked them to stand up and take the four points.
That's why he had a job
He probably would've wanted the game to go on, Ox,  but many of the Adelaide players would be grieving and in such a shocked emotional state that playing footy would be last thing on their mind right now. While one individual might play out of their skin and 'do it for the late coach' on such emotion; another might play a shocker given the pain of losing someone close is still very raw; then another might not be in an emotional state to play at all. Everyone reacts differently. Then if the team as a whole loses, the feeling of letting down the late coach would just make the situation and the players' mental and emotional states far worse. You can't have a team playing in such raw circumstances IMO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:35 AM »
choco has gone to adelaide this weekend