Author Topic: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)  (Read 43843 times)

tony_montana

Re: Essendon Carcass
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 06:59:57 PM »
Carlisle

dwaino

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
Only Colyer for me. Zaharakis is always injured and Carlisle is a head case.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »
Only Colyer for me. Zaharakis is always injured and Carlisle is a head case.

Who cares if he is a head case ?

Rance needs a chop out
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 09:46:21 PM »
Zaharakis and Hurley.  Doubt you will be able to get either as Hird will be knifed in the front and they will give the new coach a shot.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »
What about peptide enthusiast hooker?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
I like Cale but he wont leave

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
Would love Carlisle or Hooker but we don't even know if they'll be able to play next year if WADA are successful.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »
I like Cale but he wont leave

I don't like any of them  :-\

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 10:05:11 PM »
Hurley to replace Chaplin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 02:57:07 AM »
My mail is after this record breaking loss, Hird gets another 1 million in the bank and a monthly trip to France for his fine services to the Essendon FC.  :clapping :clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
Plenty of talent on every list. I would take any of the following:

Carlisle
Colyer
Daniher
Heppell
Hooker
Hurley
Zaharakis

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »
Let them fester and rot wouldn't take anything due to the uncertainty of their future.

Dyson would've been good for us though  :neener
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:34:43 PM by WilliamPowell »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »
Leave them all to rot at Windy Hill. No-one wants there damaged players  :snidegrin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 03:38:37 AM »
Herald-Sun says Hurley is being urged to walk out on Essendon and they have us as his best suitor.

Hurley could walk as rivals circle

Herald-Sun
March 10, 2016

MICHAEL Hurley is being urged to walk from Essendon and the lure could as much as $900,000 a season.

Up to six clubs have spoken to Hurley’s manager Paul Connors about invoking a previously unused clause in the player contract which would allow the banned Hurley to leave Essendon and join the club of his choice.

All 12 suspended Essendon players - who could become delisted free agents if they choose - could use the same trigger to leave Essendon.

The Bombers are confident the suspended players will recommit to the club, but sources told the Herald Sun this week Hurley was reconsidering his future.

That’s not to say Hurley definitely wants out, but that he’s not 100 per cent committed to the club as he was six weeks ago.

If 25-year-old Hurley did decide he wanted out, the Bombers could either agree to it, which is unlikely, or fight.

A grievance process and, if needed, a grievance tribunal chaired by Federal Court judge, Professor Geoffrey Giudice, would follow.

Giudice’s tribunal deputy is retired County Court judge Murray Kellam and the panel supporting them comprises David Maddocks, Michael Moncrief and Kevin Power.

The AFL refused to discuss potential cases.

“Under the collective bargaining agreement any player in the competition who has a grievance with their club has the right to have that grievance aired through the processes of the grievance tribunal as agreed under the CBA between the AFL and the player group,” an AFL spokesman told the Herald Sun.

Hurley is contracted until the end of 2017 and for him to leave he would need to argue there was a fundamental breach of his contract at the Bombers.

Hurley, named All-Australian in 2015 and runner-up in the club’s best and fairest, and his teammates were suspended for 12 months for using the banned peptide Thymosin Beta-4.

In November, Essendon pleaded guilty to two charges laid by WorkSafe Victoria for breaching the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act over its handling of the 2012 supplements program.

Lawyers’ advice to several player managers and the AFL Players’ Association is the players would have a strong case for breach of contract.

The clubs inquiring about Hurley have been told he’s likely to stay a Bomber, but their interest will remain strong.

The clubs have made it known that a salary between $750,000 and as much as $900,000 would be available, plus a fresh environment to restart his career.

The Herald Sun has learnt that midfielders David Myers and Travis Colyer have also had interest from rival clubs.

Already, Cale Hooker has been offered a long-term deal from Fremantle, although the Bombers are prepared to offer Hooker a new contract at around $750,000 per season.

Dyson Heppell is tipped to the next captain of the Bombers and tipped to stay, but clubs will investigate his availability.

It’s believed the AFLPA would strongly support any player who wanted to leave the Bombers and would also support that player leaving without a trade being organised between the Bombers and the new club.

Effectively, Essendon would receive nothing in return.

Former Essendon player Patrick Ryder threatened to activate the delisted free agent clause in a bid to move to Port Adelaide at the end of the 2014 season, but the clubs eventually agreed to a trade.

Essendon’s situation is complex. It is dealing with 12 suspended players, 34 in total who are seeking compensation and the possibility of a mass exodus.

If the players stay, the Bombers would be forced to pay overs to keep them.

IF THE CAP FITS

Potential suitors for banned Bombers

Michael Hurley - Richmond

Cale Hooker - Fremantle

Travis Colyer - St Kilda

David Myers - Geelong

Dyson Heppell - Collingwood

Tom Bellchambers - Hawthorn

Michael Hibberd - Sydney

Brent Stanton - Melbourne

Jobe Watson - Western Bulldogs

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/banned-essendon-players-could-be-convinced-to-walk-out-on-club-with-rivals-circling/news-story/10d9f4f1f3855939e4cfd6c44cc1eace

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 01:49:55 PM »
Hurley FB
Rance CHB

Works for me! :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.