Author Topic: Changes for the Freo game?  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Freo game?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
Lennon out injured

Like Griff was meant to be back against the Saints?

Like it or not (and most don't like it) Newman isn't going to get dropped so why bother even discussing it

Because it's a forum, a place where people discuss things whether they are likely to happen or not?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 06:52:49 PM »
Because we don't like him? :shh
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »
“Hampson will definitely play, Ivan is a fair chance to play and we’ve got Ben Griffiths available also.” - Dimma

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/shaun-hampson-will-take-on-aaron-sandilands-could-have-ivan-maric-ben-griffiths-as-back-up/story-fndv8t7m-1227453630202

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »
If Hamspud and Maric both play then that leaves us seriously slow in our forward 50, came out too quickly against the Saints especially in the last quarter, it was only their constant turnovers which kept us in the game. For mine we should have Hamspud and Griff, purely because Griff is more mobile than Maric and provides more flexibility. Give Maric another rest and bring in say a Knights to provide more spark and class up forward.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
If Hamspud and Maric both play then that leaves us seriously slow in our forward 50, came out too quickly against the Saints especially in the last quarter, it was only their constant turnovers which kept us in the game. For mine we should have Hamspud and Griff, purely because Griff is more mobile than Maric and provides more flexibility. Give Maric another rest and bring in say a Knights to provide more spark and class up forward.

So just the 2 key forwards in jack and Griff or would you bring in McBean too? Maybe dependant on weather
If Knights is 100% for AFL pace then would be a great addition
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Jonah Vark

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »
We should probably run a book on how long Knights lasts this time.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »

So just the 2 key forwards in jack and Griff or would you bring in McBean too? Maybe dependant on weather
Looks like its going to be wet and slippery therefore 3 talls won't be a smart move, most damage will happen at ground level so unfortunately the Bean will have to wait another week although he is nimble for his height. Knights or Lloyd need to come in otherwise I cant see us being mobile enough inside 50. If they don't then i cant see where a winning score will come from as  Jack will be heavily marked and Griff at times may be our only tall option in the goal square and honestly i dont think we scare opposition teams too much at the moment (without Titch and Ty missing) with what else we have at our disposal inside 50, odds are Lennon wont kick another 3 (would be a turning point for him if he does). Its going to be tough contested low scoring game where we need to make the most of every opportunity. Would also dearly love to see Dea replace Newman but it just aint going to happen as we all know.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
Faces leg is stuffed.
Hope we smash him
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »
Channel 10 headlines had the headline, "Why are the Tiges roaring with delight?"

I suspect Chris has been picked again :-)
Actually good news about Chocco's cancer - free I think :-)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »
Chris Knights, not Newman I hope

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »

Looks like its going to be wet and slippery therefore 3 talls won't be a smart move, most damage will happen at ground level so unfortunately the Bean will have to wait another week although he is nimble for his height. Knights or Lloyd need to come in otherwise I cant see us being mobile enough inside 50. If they don't then i cant see where a winning score will come from as  Jack will be heavily marked and Griff at times may be our only tall option in the goal square and honestly i dont think we scare opposition teams too much at the moment (without Titch and Ty missing) with what else we have at our disposal inside 50, odds are Lennon wont kick another 3 (would be a turning point for him if he does). Its going to be tough contested low scoring game where we need to make the most of every opportunity. Would also dearly love to see Dea replace Newman but it just aint going to happen as we all know.

crap, reminds me of a game a couple of years ago. That was frustrating to sit through. I hope somewhere we can pile on some goals and put them away.
We will already be two men down around the ground with Hampson and Newy so who ever comes in will have to be able to influence the game.
I am not as confident as I was earlier this week.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Newman, McDonough and Gordon out.

Dea, Knights and McBean in.

But he will probably play Conca, Lloyd and Newman.

:lol...... Conca to follow....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »

Like it or not (and most don't like it) Newman isn't going to get dropped so why bother even discussing it

Because it's a forum, a place where people discuss things whether they are likely to happen or not?

Silly me should have included one of these

:sarcasm
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)