Author Topic: Brisbane Lions to ask AFL for priority draft pick ..... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5297 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Brisbane Lions to ask AFL for priority draft pick ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
They had the chance to trade ageing premiership players and didn't, they traded Henderson and 12 for Fev, they traded picks for Beams. This is their own doing, stuff off.

The Fev trade is perfectly example of the mess the Voss era created. A shocking trade

Voss made a meal of the Lions list and when their mandatory 2 years were up the kids wanted out

The Beams deal is a no brainer, right deal any club would have done it.

What I am talking about are the other kids.

Polec wanted out after 2 years but demanded a trade home to SA. Clubs like ours had no chance in getting this kid and that's wrong.

Yeo wanted out as well but it had to be home to WA, ago an other clubs had no chance and that's wrong

Can keep listing them

Now with Aish is mostly likely to walk but he will say which club he wants to go to and again clubs like ours have no chance and that's wrong.

That's what I mean when I say the system is stuffed. If these kids want to move they should have to go to the club that Gives the lions or any club for that matter the best deal.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 06:20:40 PM »

Polec wanted out after 2 years but demanded a trade home to SA. Clubs like ours had no chance in getting this kid and that's wrong.

Missed his mummy then made his girlfriend move over there from VIC too  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »
They had the chance to trade ageing premiership players and didn't, they traded Henderson and 12 for Fev, they traded picks for Beams. This is their own doing, stuff off.

The Fev trade is perfectly example of the mess the Voss era created. A shocking trade

Voss made a meal of the Lions list and when their mandatory 2 years were up the kids wanted out

Whether the trade was good value or not, you can't go trading out these picks then 12 months later ask for the AFL to give you replacement picks.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 06:12:30 AM »

Yeo wanted out as well but it had to be home to WA, ago an other clubs had no chance and that's wrong

Can keep listing them

Now with Aish is mostly likely to walk but he will say which club he wants to go to and again clubs like ours have no chance and that's wrong.

That's what I mean when I say the system is stuffed. If these kids want to move they should have to go to the club that Gives the lions or any club for that matter the best deal.

That's what Hardwick said on SEN about a month ago. The players have it too good these days with FA and being able to veto any trades. Plenty of rumors that we had sold trade deals to other clubs in the last few years but our own players didn't want to leave so they don't go through. I hate the way the NBA system works now, where players literally don't have any say in where they go until they reach eligibility for FA but I have to say that the scales are firmly set in favour of players at the moment, albeit they don't have a say in where they start.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »

Can keep listing them

You can't stop someone from Perth or Adelaide, returning home after they are drafted to Brisbane, when contract expires

It doesn't mean the system is broken. It means Queensland is rubbish. How would you propose to stop people wanting to leave
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:32 AM »
strangely enough more victorians move to queensland than the other way around.

just a bunch of mummy's boys anyway. if players with less than 6 years service had no say in where they get traded they would have to harden up and deal with it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »

just a bunch of mummy's boys anyway. if players with less than 6 years service had no say in where they get traded they would have to harden up and deal with it.

65 year olds

Not 20 year olds

Try and keep up
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »
A team like Brisbane needs to do a "Port Adelaide" and just say to the player that it will not be trading him. They can go to the PSD and get picked up by the bottom side - them!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 01:11:25 PM »

65 year olds

Not 20 year olds

Try and keep up
source?

I know plenty of people who moved there as young adults.

stop making things up
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI