Author Topic: Swear filter  (Read 28568 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Swear filter
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »
I may not agree with what u have to say... But i will give my life, to defend your right to say it...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »
We have Penelope, she's a good sport.  Seen her do some things that most others of her gender would be too afraid to!!

Oh Yeh I forgot about her

Damn fine woman that Penelope..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 07:46:23 PM »
Have you ever considered putting a limit on posts? Whether that be a certain amount within a day, hour, minute whatever it may be

Gigantor

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »
Nah man..no limit on posts..lets all aspire to civility

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2015, 08:28:57 AM »
Have you ever considered putting a limit on posts? Whether that be a certain amount within a day, hour, minute whatever it may be

No
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2015, 01:01:17 PM »
Interesting. Reckon certain posters incessant posting of no substance is a solid reason why the forum has lost some members..but I guess that's none of my business :whistle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »
Interesting. Reckon certain posters incessant posting of no substance is a solid reason why the forum has lost some members..

You are correct it is a point we have made time and time again over the last few years.

Which interestingly we've been been ridiculed about, copped abuse about, not to mention the endless comments about how unfair everything is and how people continually pot other posters about it

It's why we bought in the 3 strikes policy, had the poll about what people wanted in regards to penalties.

Even more interesting though is the apparent double standards by poster who complain about the baiting and trolling et al but then seem to repeatedly do it themselves.

Issue a strike and they make accusations that they are being treated unfairly, being victimised

Interesting indeed

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »
Hmmmmm fascinating

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
Interesting. Reckon certain posters incessant posting of no substance is a solid reason why the forum has lost some members..

You are correct it is a point we have made time and time again over the last few years.

Which interestingly we've been been ridiculed about, copped abuse about, not to mention the endless comments about how unfair everything is and how people continually pot other posters about it

It's why we bought in the 3 strikes policy, had the poll about what people wanted in regards to penalties.

Even more interesting though is the apparent double standards by poster who complain about the baiting and trolling et al but then seem to repeatedly do it themselves.

Issue a strike and they make accusations that they are being treated unfairly, being victimised

Interesting indeed

Well if you going to hand out strikes based on that definitive and overwhelming 15-14 poll result, people at least want those rules consistently applied.....and not just fobbed of with "use the report button" ...seems to me you only get done if you upset the sooks , laggers & precious prudes with itchy trigger fingers...seems to me if you're glib & bait & troll (and spam) constantly and obviously(and some cases even admit you do) but don't bother the serial dobbers and "self-appointed moderators" (or are one yourself) or, more's the point, also have opinions they happen to agree with, then you're seemingly immune from any consequences... some of us have more than a sneaking suspiscion the report button is being used by certain posters to settle personal scores and gag posters they don't like more than anything else... basically the sort of crap that's destroyed other Richmond forums and turned them into monotonous, one-sided jokes....

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »

Interesting indeed

It's less to do with the content posted (which is an important factor) but more of the issue of sheer quantity. I mean, you'd think some people would understand there point has been made

Also, don't you think a limit on posts would take a bit of the "unfairness" out of it. If you look at what Dio said, whether right or wrong, there is always going to be conjecture when you leave something up to someones decision with no obvious criteria as there is always going to be bias.

I'm not saying it'd work, I'm not saying it has to be such a tight number, but I am a little surprised you or OE haven't even thought about it

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »
I reckon you two have just copped a handful of reports each.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »

Reported. No need for that Chucky

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 04:59:45 PM »

Reported. No need for that Chucky

Well I just reported you back, so there.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »
Reported this whole forum to Caroline Wilson.

- Gustav Mahler

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »

Interesting indeed

Well if you going to hand out strikes based on that definitive and overwhelming 15-14 poll result, people at least want those rules consistently applied.....and not just fobbed of with "use the report button" ...seems to me you only get done if you upset the sooks , laggers & precious prudes with itchy trigger fingers...seems to me if you're glib & bait & troll (and spam) constantly and obviously(and some cases even admit you do) but don't bother the serial dobbers and "self-appointed moderators" (or are one yourself) or, more's the point, also have opinions they happen to agree with, then you're seemingly immune from any consequences... some of us have more than a sneaking suspiscion the report button is being used by certain posters to settle personal scores and gag posters they don't like more than anything else... basically the sort of crap that's destroyed other Richmond forums and turned them into monotonous, one-sided jokes....

This is my perception of the way things are and, are understood to be by many others. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018