Author Topic: Will we improve, hold steady or slide backwards next year  (Read 6690 times)

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
Re: Will we improve, hold steady or slide backwards next year
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »
We will be much the same as this year unless players like Lennon, C Ellis and McBean take big leaps forward. Have a good run with injuries and win a few close ones and we could push top 4. Have a couple of our better players go down and a few things go against us and we could finish as low as 12th I'd have thought.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 08:38:45 PM »
Wherever we finish Melbourne will finish above us

FACT

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:26 PM »
12 months ago many experts thought we would struggle to hold our spot in the 8 - but we came very close to making top 4.
Teams like Port added a big fish like Ryder and their year was a friggen disaster.
West Coast finish 9th and then go into the following grand final as favourites - without recruiting a big fish.

Who the @#$& knows.
12 mths ago most were talking about the top 8 and perhaps top 4  gotta love revisionism.

Too many holes in the list with a lack of quality and genuine depth rules out top 4 even with a decent trade period imo.
Top 8 will again heavily depend on our injury run and what improvement we can eke out of the likes of C Ellis, Menadue, Butler, Vlastuin, Lennon, McKenzie, McIntosh, McBean  Possibly even Elton.
There are so many clubs in and around each other a worst case scenario could well be bottom 4 or 6.
Imo there is not a lot of improvement left in our top 16 odd players. So if all we do is get say Yarran who will do nothing to address list needs then again any improvement we get will have to come from within and the nd.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »
this all depends on if we can keep Deledio on the park

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 01:20:37 AM »
12 months ago many experts thought we would struggle to hold our spot in the 8 - but we came very close to making top 4.
Teams like Port added a big fish like Ryder and their year was a friggen disaster.
West Coast finish 9th and then go into the following grand final as favourites - without recruiting a big fish.

Who the @#$& knows.
12 mths ago most were talking about the top 8 and perhaps top 4  gotta love revisionism.

Too many holes in the list with a lack of quality and genuine depth rules out top 4 even with a decent trade period imo.
Top 8 will again heavily depend on our injury run and what improvement we can eke out of the likes of C Ellis, Menadue, Butler, Vlastuin, Lennon, McKenzie, McIntosh, McBean  Possibly even Elton.
There are so many clubs in and around each other a worst case scenario could well be bottom 4 or 6.
Imo there is not a lot of improvement left in our top 16 odd players. So if all we do is get say Yarran who will do nothing to address list needs then again any improvement we get will have to come from within and the nd.

You have predicted a bottom 4 finish the past two years
Unleash the tornado

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 01:54:07 AM »

So roughly what happened. Made top 8 and were a genuine chance of top 4 but fluffed it. Would say that's pretty spot on

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 05:47:09 AM »
My word, the negativity in this thread!

I see no reason to expect less than a top 8 finish. We had a pretty flush second half of the year, saw some improvement out of guys we need improvement from in Lennon, Vickery and Vlastuin. Couldn't get Conca on the park, and he's in our top 10-15 bracket IMO which always helps. With more of C Ellis on the park hopefully this year I'm sufficiently optimistic.

If all we get is Yarran this off season, well, I might have hoped for more, but I still think if we get him right its a big in.

But, like the upcoming season of Game of Thrones, we'll just have to patiently wait it out for next season and hope our favourite characters don't get stabbed before the end....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:07:45 AM by Dougeytherichmondfan »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »

I see no reason to expect less than a top 8 finish. We had a pretty flush second half of the year, saw some improvement out of guys we need improvement from in Lennon, Vickery and Vlastuin. Couldn't get Conca on the park, and he's in our top 10-15 bracket IMO which always helps. With more of C Ellis on the park hopefully this year I'm sufficiently optimistic.

If all we get is Yarran this off season, well, I might have hoped for more, but I still think if we get him right its a big in.

But, like the upcoming season of Game of Thrones, we'll just have to patiently wait it out for next season and hope our favourite characters don't get stabbed before the end....
:lol
If we hear Chaplin and Grigg have been stabbed, I'd want to know the whereabouts of Stalin at the time of the stabbings. ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »
 - The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »

Some reasons to ponder:

Shyte apparent trade options
Shyte ruck department
Lack of pace
Shyte Kp defenders
Shyte older players on list
Short a tager
Short a few inside mid options

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »

Who the @#$& knows.

You have predicted a bottom 4 finish the past two years
lol, and that we were behind melbourne is the scheme of things
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »

Some reasons to ponder:

Shyte ruck department
Lack of pace
Shyte Kp defenders
Short a tager
Trade options has nothing to do with how we will fare next season.
Ruck we arn't strong, I'll admit.
Tigers have plenty of run, don't know where you've pulled lack of pace from?
Chaplin the only "shyte" older player. Still serviceable imo.
Short a tagger, yes.
Short 1 inside mid. Would only have to be a b grader imo. Flossy can step up with Yarran on the half back?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »

Some reasons to ponder:

Shyte ruck department
Lack of pace
Shyte Kp defenders
Short a tager
Trade options has nothing to do with how we will fare next season.
Ruck we arn't strong, I'll admit.
Tigers have plenty of run, don't know where you've pulled lack of pace from?
Chaplin the only "shyte" older player. Still serviceable imo.
Short a tagger, yes.
Short 1 inside mid. Would only have to be a b grader imo. Flossy can step up with Yarran on the half back?

what ?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »
Wherever we finish Melbourne will finish above us

FACT

yesssssss  :clapping not only a wise guy but a prophet too  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 10:12:19 PM »
So if we win the flag will Melbourne win some kind of special deluxe edition flag?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.