Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 182207 times)

No More

Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2015, 04:54:15 PM »
Patrick Dangerfield may be a tiger in 2016. As I wrote in the other thread, we are way too quiet on the Dangerfield front. He wants a flag, Geelong are on the slide and we have the money and we are huge club again. And he is what we are looking for a big midfielder who can kick goals. Our first pick in 2015 plus our first pick in 2016 and maybe Donuts as well to get it done.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »
I will lose my poo if we land Danger

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »
Patrick Dangerfield may be a tiger in 2016. As I wrote in the other thread, we are way too quiet on the Dangerfield front. He wants a flag, Geelong are on the slide and we have the money and we are huge club again. And he is what we are looking for a big midfielder who can kick goals. Our first pick in 2015 plus our first pick in 2016 and maybe Donuts as well to get it done.

free agent old man, no trade necessary.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

No More

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »
Well there ya go. It gets easier then. Everyone is claiming that Geelong is over the line, but we are way too quiet .. I reckon it could be brewing. Our administrators know that the supporters are expecting something big.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
I think our utopia from this year's trade table would be landing both Treloar and Yarran.

I think Yarran is a done deal which addresses our forward/mid need. Just need that pure mid now and I think we will be pushing hard for Treloar. I don't think Danger will leave Adelaide personally, which leaves Treloar as our main man to target.

If we can land both Treloar and Yarran then we've done extremely well. Would expect we'd have to give a 3rd round pick for Yarran. Treloar will be more difficult, our 1st round would go and probably move our 2nd round for their 3rd rounder? We won't part with any of our players unless they are guys not getting games so the club would want to do it with draft picks only. Maybe this is where trading future picks comes in handy.

Agree landing Danger would be the ultimate in terms of costing us no draft picks, but just don't think he will be leaving Adelaide.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
I think our utopia from this year's trade table would be landing both Treloar and Yarran.

I think Yarran is a done deal which addresses our forward/mid need. Just need that pure mid now and I think we will be pushing hard for Treloar. I don't think Danger will leave Adelaide personally, which leaves Treloar as our main man to target.

If we can land both Treloar and Yarran then we've done extremely well. Would expect we'd have to give a 3rd round pick for Yarran. Treloar will be more difficult, our 1st round would go and probably move our 2nd round for their 3rd rounder? We won't part with any of our players unless they are guys not getting games so the club would want to do it with draft picks only. Maybe this is where trading future picks comes in handy.

Agree landing Danger would be the ultimate in terms of costing us no draft picks, but just don't think he will be leaving Adelaide.
Dream pick ups, danger, treloar, kreuzer and yarran
Should cover everyone
Out newman retired, petterd, knights, foley retired, trade bait batch, ty ????? Could this happen?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2015, 05:58:13 PM »

free agent old man, no trade necessary.

Not quite right, he is a restricted free agent.

Which means Adelaide has the right to match, if they do, the only way he can move clubs is via trade
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
Apparently Carlton has said that they will ask for more than one first round pick for Lachie Henderson. Don't think he's worth that much

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2015, 08:05:14 PM »
They can ask, they won't get it. Won't finish in top 20 of club b&f , either will yarran, that's a good pointer towards currency
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2015, 08:24:58 PM »
They can ask, they won't get it. Won't finish in top 20 of club b&f , either will yarran, that's a good pointer towards currency

BJ you are talking too much sense.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. I hope we don't pay overs. :-\

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2015, 08:48:38 PM »
Danger
Treloar > 1st rounder and future 2nd rounder?
Yarran > McBean?
Kreuzer
Astbury>Aish

:pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »

if you dont pay overs when there are 17 other teams, you generally dont get the player in question

i would pay overs for danger, trelor, kreuzer etc.  :-\

you can trade future draft picks now too.... load up pay overs and the team will be strong enough to trade out fringe players the following years - and regain picks
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2015, 08:56:27 AM »
Look to us on trading future picks for a couple of rippers this end of the year.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »

if you dont pay overs when there are 17 other teams, you generally dont get the player in question

i would pay overs for danger, trelor, kreuzer etc.  :-\

you can trade future draft picks now too.... load up pay overs and the team will be strong enough to trade out fringe players the following years - and regain picks

I'd pay overs for Dangefield, without hesitation

I'd only give $600-650k a season, not the $750 the pies are supposedly offering that is not overs that is way way overs... Not sure he is worth that. Don't think he should be getting more than some of our A graders. Sends a poor message

Kreuzer, with his injury history is far to big a risk to be paying overs. Besides you being in him than one of younger developing talls goes...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2015, 09:17:26 AM »
Look to us on trading future picks for a couple of rippers this end of the year.

Yeah sure....WHO?????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"