Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 182361 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1380 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:16 AM »
Dan Richardson just on Trade Radio

Spoke about Bennell - may change a few people's view on how our club handled it

For anyone who don't think we didn't go hard after him is kidding

Said:

* RFC flew Bennell over from Perth for the meetings
* His actions and those of his management showed disrespect to the Club's process, extremely disappointed
* wouldn't confirm or deny the missing the medical thing
* said the club wouldn't disrespect the kid and give out details as to why we passed on him as he is a Freo player

Once the summary is up on the AFL site we will post it
I'm hearing the verbal offer we made was what caused the lack of respect from the Bennell camp. Everyone knows the kid has been in some trouble but I think Dan the man outsmarted himself with this one. Now he is trying to save face by going on radio and giving nothing and implying it was all the Bennell camps fault.
Anyway it's done now but let's not all think the RFC doesn't make mistakes....
Hearing from whom?  His own manager said he didn't have an offer before the medical so was he telling porkies then or is he telling porkies now or are you or your source making poo up?   Keeping in mind the damage was done before the medical.
Hearing from 2 different people. 1 pretty close to the club. The other with connections to another club.
Believe what you like but I'm told a verbal offer was discussed BEFORE the missed medical and the late night, which might make some sense as to why the medical was missed.
From listening to Scott Lucas (player manager) on SEN "an offer" is a written offer, discussing figures isn't an offer.
so lets get this right.
your saying that a verbal offer was made, but according to scott luvas an offer is only in writing and anything verbal is not an offer?
and on top of that his own manager was a liar when he said there was no offer therefore they couldn't of been upset about the non existant offer.  He actually tried to use this as an excuse why his turd player didn't bother turning up for the appointment rather than the fact he was out getting smashed all night.  This is all bs it just suits your bs inferiority complex about our club.  Bennell is a turd, pure and simple, why the stuff would any club get rid of a player with his skills unless he was a real first class turd?  We saved some picks and half his luck at Freo, my bet is he will be turfed out or locked up in no time.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1381 on: October 16, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »
Jed Anderson to North!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1382 on: October 16, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »
dam it
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1383 on: October 16, 2015, 11:14:43 AM »
Hawthorn has traded Jed Anderson and draft picks no. 38 & 40 to North Melbourne in exchange for picks no. 15 and 54. #TradePeriod

https://twitter.com/AFL

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:05 AM »
smart club hawks they really are. Box seat for carlisle now or have 2 first round picks while we have 1.

Thats what happens when you are not prepared to trade out some value e.g conca, ellis, griffiths, vickery.

Astbury for yarran is barely a win
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1385 on: October 16, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
very smart

poos me to tears

wanker Armadale support base  :thumbsdown
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: October 16, 2015, 11:35:36 AM »
Yes, the Hawks are the masters of FA/Trade & Draft period, they are brilliant at recruitment for success and sustainability.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: October 16, 2015, 11:39:51 AM »
for one simple reason WAT, they are prepared to trade out and use high picks on players.

its been the cornerstone of their success. Gibson, Gunston, Lake, Mcevoy, Burgoyne. Even as far back as Hay and Thompson from memory delivered them very good picks when both were on the decline.

We identify players like Conca who are worth a first round, yet we wont pull the trigger. I know who i would prefer out of conca or potentially a carlisle.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1388 on: October 16, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »
for one simple reason WAT, they are prepared to trade out and use high picks on players.

its been the cornerstone of their success. Gibson, Gunston, Lake, Mcevoy, Burgoyne. Even as far back as Hay and Thompson from memory delivered them very good picks when both were on the decline.

We identify players like Conca who are worth a first round, yet we wont pull the trigger. I know who i would prefer out of conca or potentially a carlisle.

Yeah I think we should have looked at Griff, B Ellis, Conca and Batchelor as trade bait, who knows, we have done so with no takers.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: October 16, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »

and the trade in 20 year old, pick 2

oroukre

:facepalm

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1390 on: October 16, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »

you seem to be talking about tradin in and out players in the one breath here?

As I previously have mentioned, I had a quick look at Hawthorne team and how they built it.

1 they used their early picks wisely when they were in the bottom half of the ladder.

The bugoyne trade is about the only one they gave up an early pick for.

2 they happily trade what people would call their second round picks. They actually have very few players in their team that came from their own second round selections.

As for trading out, well Surely a team that just won their 3rd premiership in a row is going to have many more expendable players that are worth something than a team struggling to climb the ladder?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1391 on: October 16, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
GWS forward Cam McCarthy pleads for trade to Fremantle.

It was likely that "some" of the four contracted Giants linked to Carlton – Liam Sumner, Jed Lamb, Andrew Phillips and Lachie Plowman – would find their way to Ikon Park.

The return for trading midfield star Adam Treloar to Collingwood or "other clubs" needed to be significant because he was a "special player", and the Giants wouldn't be rushed into sealing the deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-16/gws-forward-mccarthy-pleads-for-trade-to-fremantle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1392 on: October 16, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
North Melbourne is making a late pitch for James Aish. The Kangas want Aish to consider Arden St and would use Ryan Bastinac in a trade. - Sam Landsberger

Hawthorn coach Alistair Clarkson has said he expects Jake Carlisle to get to St.Kilda. - Julian De Stoop, Fox Sports

Mitch Cleary has told Trade Radio that Essendon ruckman Jon Giles has met with the Eagles in recent days in Perth, and could be set to join them in coming days.

"Adam Treloar deal will be done before weekend. 10% today, 90% tomorrow. Then focus shifts to Aish deal and Howe. All will happen - Brett Anderson on Twitter.

Gold Coast are demanding 2 First Round Picks from Port Adelaide for Charlie Dixon. - Warren Tredrea

Hawthorn's unrestricted free agent Brendan Whitecross has met with both GWS and the Brisbane Lions.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1393 on: October 16, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »
Can't believe we aren't going after Giles given how cheap he will be.

Will be 28 in Jan.

201/101.

Has experience, can kick goals when played forward, perfect backup or even a first choice ruck given our current stocks...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1394 on: October 16, 2015, 05:12:55 PM »
Spud Giles no thanks would rather bring back Angus