Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 181291 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1455 on: October 18, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »
allowing a player to walk to PSD wont correct the cause of the problems the Lions face. Player welfare is at the nub of it , and ironically this knee jerk reaction will only further underline just how detached the club is from its players. all that said, they will trade, I don't believe they're that stupid not too

They have been accomodating with Polec, Billy Longer, Yeo, Docherty getting way unders for all of them, where has that gotten them?  All it's done is show the rest that if you want out to a particular club, then it's pretty easy to get there.

Now they are faced with getting a 2nd rounder in the weakest draft in years for a top 5 pick? better off getting nothing anyway and sending a msg to the rest of the playing list, that they won't just bend over anymore.

here here and screw up the pies in the mean time. A small win for them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1456 on: October 18, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »
I really sympathise with Brisbane here. Make a statement, force the kid into the preseason draft. Its harsh but you cant have your first round picks just deciding where they want to go after 2 seasons. The current system favours players far to heavily in my opinion. Clubs need some more balance.

Agree
So you guys would be happy let Lennon or C Ellis walk to the pre season draft and get nothing them if they he decided they didn't didn't want to play for the Tigers anymore, just to make a statement?? As much as that would be a statement, the only real loser in that is us. If someone decides his future is somewhere else we need to broker the best deal for us.
I think the biggest statement a club can make is creating an environment that players want to stay. Every club is going to lose some players over the time especially now with FA but all clubs will get players back the other way. You just have to try and make the RFC a great place to be and that starts with winning games, winning finals and winning grand finals. Paying them well just isn't going to be enough as players want success.
Brisbane should and will IMO trade Aish and get the best deal they can for him whether that is to Collingwood or any other club. As for my thoughts on him, I haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me want us to chase him. 
It seems people would be happy to give our pick 12 for Aish but not for Yarran who has shown he can be an A grade player and has runs on the board. Forget 2015, Yarran and Mick didn't see eye to eye and by the time Johnny Barker was on board, Yarran's head was out the door. Like it or not that's how some guys are. He is a genuine talent and I'm pumped he will be in a Tigers jumper in 2016. Hopefully as a small forward as IMO the is by far our biggest need.
I'd still be offering our pick 12 for Cockatoo from Geelong as they have surplus midfielders and could probably do with an early pick now they have traded all theirs for the next couple of years.

You miss the point, if it happened to us it would be a once off (or rare) situation as it is with most clubs, so of course you would broker a deal.... the Brisbane situation is diabolical where an extraordinary number of their top end talent are walking and getting to their club of choice for next to nothing. 2nd rounder for Aish is a joke, I agree with lethal and Dougy on this one, they need to make a statement to let the rest of their young guys know, WE WILL NOT BE HELD TO RANSOM any longer.

And No way I think Yarran is worth pick 12 but I'd give it up for Aish
At the end of the day Tone Brisbane don't have to take a second round pick off Collingwood. They can trade him to anyone and get a first round pick.
Brisbane got 2 very good player this time last year so they can't be to  hypocritical and it locks like they will get a couple more this year.
 They need to make the place a good club to be at first and foremost but players are always going to want to go home to their home state or simply want to go where they want.
No point cutting off their nose despite their face. And if they do where does it stop? This year, next year? Do they keep giving away players just to make a point? The club will be no longer in a really short time.
They need to turn a negative into a positive.

That's the problem, they can't trade him to anyone if the player says I only want to go to one club.
Well if Aish's options are go into the pre season draft and end up at Carlton or agree to another club that is willing to give a first pick, or stay at Brisbane, I'm sure he would think about it long and hard.
You also didn't answer my question, if Brisbane stand firm this year, what happens if they are in the same situation next year and the year after?? It's ok to try and prove a point but if it in tern hurts the club long term then it's a stupid point to make. I'm sure if you ask Brisbane's sponsors and supporters they would most definitely say the same.

I answered your question. My point is if they make a stand and force Aish into the psd bc he refuses to go anywhere else bar the pies for a second rounder, then maybe just maybe next year and the year after their first round draft picks will think twice before trying to hold them to ransom like they have been the past 2 years. That's the whole point of making a stand now - it's gotten out of hand
You haven't answered my question, well not that I can see.... What if Brisbane make a stand and Aish walks to Carlton for nothing. And someone else wants out next year, do they just lose another player with nothing in return? And the year after that? Where does it stop? It's all very well trying to make a stand but if it's at the detriment of the entire club then someone has to take a big bite of humble pie. I wonder how you would feel if our club was taking a stand and just letting players walk out the door each year for nothing. Maybe you wouldn't be so flippant..

tony_montana

« Reply #1457 on: October 18, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
I really sympathise with Brisbane here. Make a statement, force the kid into the preseason draft. Its harsh but you cant have your first round picks just deciding where they want to go after 2 seasons. The current system favours players far to heavily in my opinion. Clubs need some more balance.

Agree
So you guys would be happy let Lennon or C Ellis walk to the pre season draft and get nothing them if they he decided they didn't didn't want to play for the Tigers anymore, just to make a statement?? As much as that would be a statement, the only real loser in that is us. If someone decides his future is somewhere else we need to broker the best deal for us.
I think the biggest statement a club can make is creating an environment that players want to stay. Every club is going to lose some players over the time especially now with FA but all clubs will get players back the other way. You just have to try and make the RFC a great place to be and that starts with winning games, winning finals and winning grand finals. Paying them well just isn't going to be enough as players want success.
Brisbane should and will IMO trade Aish and get the best deal they can for him whether that is to Collingwood or any other club. As for my thoughts on him, I haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me want us to chase him. 
It seems people would be happy to give our pick 12 for Aish but not for Yarran who has shown he can be an A grade player and has runs on the board. Forget 2015, Yarran and Mick didn't see eye to eye and by the time Johnny Barker was on board, Yarran's head was out the door. Like it or not that's how some guys are. He is a genuine talent and I'm pumped he will be in a Tigers jumper in 2016. Hopefully as a small forward as IMO the is by far our biggest need.
I'd still be offering our pick 12 for Cockatoo from Geelong as they have surplus midfielders and could probably do with an early pick now they have traded all theirs for the next couple of years.

You miss the point, if it happened to us it would be a once off (or rare) situation as it is with most clubs, so of course you would broker a deal.... the Brisbane situation is diabolical where an extraordinary number of their top end talent are walking and getting to their club of choice for next to nothing. 2nd rounder for Aish is a joke, I agree with lethal and Dougy on this one, they need to make a statement to let the rest of their young guys know, WE WILL NOT BE HELD TO RANSOM any longer.

At the end of the day Tone Brisbane don't have to take a second round pick off Collingwood. They can trade him to anyone and get a first round pick.
Brisbane got 2 very good player this time last year so they can't be to  hypocritical and it locks like they will get a couple more this year.
 They need to make the place a good club to be at first and foremost but players are always going to want to go home to their home state or simply want to go where they want.
No point cutting off their nose despite their face. And if they do where does it stop? This year, next year? Do they keep giving away players just to make a point? The club will be no longer in a really short time.

That's the problem, they can't trade him to anyone if the player says I only want to go to one club.
Well if Aish's options are go into the pre season draft and end up at Carlton or agree to another club that is willing to give a first pick, or stay at Brisbane, I'm sure he would think about it long and hard.
You also didn't answer my question, if Brisbane stand firm this year, what happens if they are in the same situation next year and the year after?? It's ok to try and prove a point but if it in tern hurts the club long term then it's a stupid point to make. I'm sure if you ask Brisbane's sponsors and supporters they would most definitely say the same.

I answered your question. My point is if they make a stand and force Aish into the psd bc he refuses to go anywhere else bar the pies for a second rounder, then maybe just maybe next year and the year after their first round draft picks will think twice before trying to hold them to ransom like they have been the past 2 years. That's the whole point of making a stand now - it's gotten out of hand
You haven't answered my question, well not that I can see.... What if Brisbane make a stand and Aish walks to Carlton for nothing. And someone else wants out next year, do they just lose another player with nothing in return? And the year after that? Where does it stop? It's all very well trying to make a stand but if it's at the detriment of the entire club then someone has to take a big bite of humble pie. I wonder how you would feel if our club was taking a stand and just letting players walk out the door each year for nothing. Maybe you wouldn't be so flippant..

They have been eating humble pie for 3 years now and guess what? Top end draftees are still wanting out and forcing Bris to take gross unders bc they only want to deal with one club. So how's that theory working out? Where does it stop? 

I'm not being flippant, I've just recognised that there is one club that has tried to be accomodating the past several years and players and destination clubs have taken advantage of this screwing Brisbane and giving them little in return. They need to make a stand - tell Aish we'll trade you to your first preference ONLY if we are adequately compensated, (a 2nd round pick is a joke) if that club doesn't come to the party we'll happily trade you to club B or C bc they are offering us a better deal, if you refuse point blank to entertain it, then on yer bike and enjoy Carlton. Bang, message sent to future players wanting out - we will try and help you get elsewhere but we also need to look after our needs and wants.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1458 on: October 18, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1459 on: October 18, 2015, 10:05:45 PM »

Agree

They have been eating humble pie for 3 years now and guess what? Top end draftees are still wanting out and forcing Bris to take gross unders bc they only want to deal with one club. So how's that theory working out? Where does it stop? 

I'm not being flippant, I've just recognised that there is one club that has tried to be accomodating the past several years and players and destination clubs have taken advantage of this screwing Brisbane and giving them little in return. They need to make a stand - tell Aish we'll trade you to your first preference ONLY if we are adequately compensated, (a 2nd round pick is a joke) if that club doesn't come to the party we'll happily trade you to club B or C bc they are offering us a better deal, if you refuse point blank to entertain it, then on yer bike and enjoy Carlton. Bang, message sent to future players wanting out - we will try and help you get elsewhere but we also need to look after our needs and wants.
I agree with that but giving players away isn't the answer even if it is to prove a point.  It's a slippery slope can can end in disaster very quickly.
It's not all one way either, they got an out and out star this time last year in Beams and a solid B grade midfielder and another guy who just won their B&F, so they can't be to upset just at the minute. They also won 3 flags in a row not so long ago so they may just need to work a bit harder on keeping players happy. They cannot be excused entirely for players wanting to leave. Something up there isn't right and it's not the location.
Anyway I hope to God they take our garbage in Astbury as IMO he is just a time waster on our list. He is a battler that is injured more time than any other player on our list. If we could get a pick in the 20's for him would be a steel for us but it would be an even bigger mistake for them to letting Aish go for a second round pick.
Interesting week ahead  :cheers

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1460 on: October 18, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »
 THE long-awaited deal to get Adam Treloar to Collingwood is expected to happen as soon as Monday morning, kickstarting the second week of the trade period.

Collingwood is expected to give GWS its first pick in this and next year’s draft to win the Giants midfielder.

The Giants told the Herald Sun last night they were confident the Treloar deal would be completed by Tuesday at the latest — despite the curious situation of them being taken by surprise by the midfielder having post-season hip surgery.

Cats forward Josh Walker is set to move on and has visited Brisbane.

Sam Kerridge
who returned from holiday at the weekend, is considering a three-year offer from Carlton.

http://www.themercury.com.au/adam-treloar-trade-to-collingwood-likely-to-go-through-early-in-the-week/story-fnj3twbb-1227573332392

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1461 on: October 18, 2015, 10:44:07 PM »

Goodluck with that

Dougeytherichmondfan

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1463 on: October 18, 2015, 11:06:17 PM »
St Kilda and Port Adelaide have discussed a proposal that Jake Carlisle and Charlie Dixon be tied into a trade that would deliver Jake Carlisle to the Saints and the Suns forward to Port.

Port: lose pick 10 & a future first round pick ------> gain Charlie Dixon & St Kilda's late pick(s).

St Kilda: lose pick 5 & late pick(s) ----> gain Jake Carlisle & Port's future first round pick.

Essendon: lose Jake Carlisle -----> gain Port's pick 10.

Gold Coast: lose Charlie Dixon -----> gain St Kilda's pick 5.

-------------------------------------------------------

North remains hopeful of yet being able to trade for James Aish, having made an strong financial offer for him to join the Kangaroos. North's offer is understood to be significantly higher than Collingwood's.

Aish has friends at both Collingwood (Matthew Scharenberg) and North (Trent Dumont) and both players have been encouraging their friend to join their respective clubs.

Aish's manager, Liam Pickering, has been firm throughout that his client will only go to Collingwood.

If North's offer falls over, then one deal forwarded by Collingwood and Carlton would be for Collingwood to trade pick 26 to Carlton who would send Tom Bell to the Lions and Aish would move to Collingwood.

The Lions want an additional draft pick as part of any Aish trade in order to be able to secure Ryan Bastinac from North. Essentially, the Lions want to replace Aish with Bell and Bastinac.

Nathan Freeman is likely to be traded to St Kilda for a future second-round pick. Collingwood also wants another minor draft pick exchange involved.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-period--gold-coasts-charlie-dixon-tied-into-jake-carlisle-trade-talks-20151018-gkc1u6#ixzz3ou74F8tZ

--------------------------------------------------------

FREMANTLE is not expected to include a player in its pitch to land young forward Cam McCarthy and must now bank on Greater Western Sydney relenting on its hard-line stance in the final four days of the NAB AFL Trade Period.

The Dockers' offer for McCarthy is pick No.22 and its 2016 first-round selection, and AFL.com.au understands no players have been put on the trade table to get the deal over the line.

It was suggested at the weekend that Fremantle could attempt to trade a player to a third club and then on-trade that pick to the Giants as part of the McCarthy deal, but sources also dismissed that option. 

Midfielders Lachie Weller and Michael Barlow were floated as options in this scenario over the weekend, but AFL.com.au understands neither would be traded, with Weller rated particularly highly by the club. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-18/trade-wrap-dockers-wont-trade-players-to-land-mccarthy

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1464 on: October 19, 2015, 08:32:16 AM »
needles
mccarthy
dixon

:facepalm
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1465 on: October 19, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »
Brisbane's pick 21 is gone. Used on Carlton's Tom Bell.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-19/brisbanebound-bell-rings-the-changes

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1466 on: October 19, 2015, 10:57:16 AM »
Tom Browne ‏@TomBrowne7 twitter:

#carlisle I understand @EssendonFC latest acceptable deal is - Jake Carlisle + 3rd round in return for pick 5

@GWSGIANTS still insist they won't trade Cam McCarthy. Think @freodockers offered around 22 plus future pick. Giants rejected

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1467 on: October 19, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »
I hope McCarthy stays at GWS, bloody Dockers have enough talent. With pick 21 gone now I am not sure how the Yarran deal will work unless its next year round two pick traded which wouldn't be too bad. So long as pick 12 stays!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1468 on: October 19, 2015, 11:08:06 AM »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1469 on: October 19, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
Brisbane's pick 21 is gone. Used on Carlton's Tom Bell.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-19/brisbanebound-bell-rings-the-changes

Saints secure pick 21 for Stanley
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-10-15/bains-explains-stanley-trade

:o
Different years. Pick 21 is worth less this year due to the weaker draft.