Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 181263 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1515 on: October 19, 2015, 08:55:07 PM »
My mail is that might have some legs  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1516 on: October 19, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »
Well....that's the end of that then....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1517 on: October 19, 2015, 09:05:23 PM »
I've heard Essendon and Carlton are showing interest in Matty Dea. I'd be disappointed to lose him but if Dimma refuses to play him we may as well get something for him.
Maybe our second round pick and Dea for Yarran?

Would do that deal in a heartbeat
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1518 on: October 19, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »
North Melbourne massive go at James Aish has kind of slipped under radar. A couple of sources have suggested they've offered circa $500k x 4 years.

Agent Tom Petroro has killed em' with Giles, secures three year deal, seems overs @WestCoastEagles @EssendonFC

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/with_replies

North Melbourne's Ryan Bastinac seems set to request a trade to Brisbane to take up a 4 year deal.

Courtenay Dempsey's manager Shane Casley has had discussions with Essendon over the past week about the unrestricted free agent, who is on the Swans' radar.

Giants' Tomas Bugg remains on track to join the Demons, with the club expected to use a third round pick for the 22-year-old.

Gold Coast remains hopeful of securing West Coast's Matt Rosa after he shocked the Eagles last week when he requested a trade. Negotiations are ongoing but the 28-year-old could attract a second round selection from the Suns after 168 games with the Eagles if the club agrees to a trade

The future home of exiled Western Bulldogs defender Michael Talia is unclear, with the Sydney Swans' interest appearing to cool.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-19/trade-wrap-monday-ryan-bastinac-likely-to-head-north

Carlton are set to trade either picks 20 and 21 in the draft and are set to trade one of them to the Giants for Lachie Plowman, Jed Lamb, Liam Sumner and Andrew Phillips. The Giants would then pass on that Carlton traded pick to Collingwood - along with Treloar - for the Magpies' first round picks this year and next year.

Sydney's first-round pick has become the latest bargaining chip in negotiations between Essendon and St Kilda over Jake Carlisle. The Swans would be prepared to help the deadlock if it would allow the club to turn their No. 14 pick (worth 1161 points on the draft value index) into multiple selections, or extra draft points. The three clubs have begun exploring a trade that in essence would see Sydney switch pick 14 for St Kilda's pick 24 and another selection or two. The Saints would then send pick five to Essendon for Carlisle.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-and-drafting/afl-trade-period-2015-sydney-swans-step-into-jake-carlisle-trade-talks-20151019-gkcrl6.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1519 on: October 19, 2015, 09:15:31 PM »
Carlton want to have their cake & eat it....want pick 12 for Yarren and to get those GWS kids with 20 & 21...just tell them to jam it already...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1520 on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »
A couple from Big Footy...

Quote from: Grockadoc
Hearing word from my Geelong supporting cousin (the one who has connections to a few of the younger players) that Zac Smith has been noted to a few of his new teammates at the Cattery that we are chasing Prestia hard, either this year or next. Have been talking to his manager on and off for the past few months and ramped it up over the past month.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-open-discussion-rfc-forum.1114612/page-280#post-41631496

Quote from: sregit
Rumour - Should Saints and Bombers fail to agree on Carlisle deal, Tigers will also make a play. Not just Hawks.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tiger-rumours-no-discussion.1115160/#post-41631768

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1521 on: October 19, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
I'd take Aish for pick 12 and make fat Eddie eat a dic at least the same time
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1522 on: October 19, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »
I reckon we should give up our first rd pick for this year and next year in return for Yarran  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1523 on: October 19, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »
and the following year too  :clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1524 on: October 19, 2015, 10:44:43 PM »
...in perpetuity until Carlton's next flag.....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1525 on: October 19, 2015, 10:46:08 PM »
I've heard Essendon and Carlton are showing interest in Matty Dea. I'd be disappointed to lose him but if Dimma refuses to play him we may as well get something for him.

Maybe Tim Clarke is already having a positive influence in his new role at Carlton. Dea was a favourite of his..... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1526 on: October 19, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »

Maybe Tim Clarke is already having a positive influence in his new role at Carlton. Dea was a favourite of his..... :shh

That's good it makes Dea worth a 1st round pick  :snidegrin

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #1527 on: October 19, 2015, 10:49:33 PM »
Thats no secret bro

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1528 on: October 20, 2015, 04:02:09 AM »
Carlton is also eyeing Giants big man Adam Tomlinson to help replace departed tall Lachie Henderson.

Tomlinson, 22, is contracted for next season, but Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni, who originally drafted him to the Giants with pick No. 9 in 2011, remains keen to land Tomlinson.

One option open to the Blues is to hand over the future first-round draft pick it received from Geelong (for Henderson) on to the Giants. A draft pick in between 10-20 could seal the deal for the 53-gamer.

http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-2015-magpies-secure-jeremy-howe-in-four-club-deal/story-fnj3twbb-1227574722859

Charlie Dixon is willing to go into either drafts to get to Port, if Gold Coast don't give into a trade that Port agrees with.

Dixon, 25, is committed to nominating for either of the AFL drafts — national or pre-season next month when the Power has pick No. 10 — and is confident of reaching Alberton where he has a five-year deal worth $3.1 million to sign.

This would leave Gold Coast empty handed. The Suns currently have the Power’s first-round draft pick (No. 10) on offer but are demanding two first rounders.

http://www.themercury.com.au/charlie-dixon-confident-of-getting-to-port-adelaide-through-afl-draft-if-trade-talks-stall/story-fnj3twbb-1227574765512

Hawthorn would be prepared to restructure its player payments to fit in Jake Carlisle as Essendon stands firm on its trade demands.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-hawthorn-has-salary-cap-room-for-disgruntled-bomber-jake-carlisle/story-fnp04d70-1227574772610

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1529 on: October 20, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »
if carlton want dea feel free to take him he is only a list clogger nothing more no spot in best 22 for him so move him on and use him to get the yarran deal...