Author Topic: pick#12  (Read 90813 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: pick#12
« Reply #435 on: November 24, 2015, 01:23:17 PM »
6.30 on Fox Footy
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #436 on: November 24, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »
Well I only have the net. What Brissy time?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:20 PM »
Well I only have the net. What Brissy time?

It's 6.30 AEDST
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #438 on: November 24, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rioli hopes to keep tradition going at Richmond or Hawthorn (NT news)
« Reply #439 on: November 24, 2015, 02:43:09 PM »
Rioli hopes to keep tradition going at Richmond or Hawthorn

GREY MORRIS
    NT News
    November 23, 2015 9:44AM

AFL Draft prospect Daniel Rioli is tipped to join Richmond at the National AFL Draft.

DANIEL Rioli has visions of wearing a Richmond jumper on the Melbourne Cricket Ground in the manner his grandfather Maurice did three decades ago.

The 18-year-old Melville islander will find out his football fate on Tuesday when the 2015 AFL Draft swings into action at the Adelaide Convention Centre.

But while a Rioli to Richmond (pick 15) story would read like a fairytale, the Tigers could be beaten to the punch by clubs like Carlton (1, 10, 14), GWS, Essendon (5, 6) and GWS (9, 11).

Rioli has had regular conversations with all 18 AFL clubs, but admits Richmond and Hawthorn are his favourite destinations if the draft cards fall his way.

“Richmond would be great, especially when my grandfather Maurice was there all those years ago and was a great player for them,’’ Daniel said.

“Hawthorn, with my cousin Cyril there would be good as well, but to be honest, any other club wouldn’t worry me, because we’ve had Dean at Essendon and of course Maurice with the Tigers.

“So to have a Rioli at a different club to those three would be different and a big challenge for me personally.

“I’ve had a fair few clubs speaking to me during the pre-season and the combine as well, where they came and spoke to me again.

“I was pretty happy with my combine results and how I performed there after what I thought was a good season with the North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup.’’

The 18-year-old combined endurance and speed bursts at the draft combine, grabbing the best time in the 30m repeat sprints that require players to run six of them with less than 10 seconds recovery time between runs.

The clubs rate the repeat sprints as important tests for measuring a player’s ability to perform second and third efforts while remaining in the contest.

Rioli’s 24.15 seconds in the repeat sprints and third in the 20m sprint gave notice his body was ready for the challenge of elite football.

Played as a mobile forward by the Rebels, Rioli enjoyed this year’s under-18 nationals where coach Andrew Hodges played him up the ground, through the midfield and the wing.

He flies to Adelaide this morning with his dad Bradley and mum Belinda from Melville Island for what he hopes will be the biggest day of his football life.

“I’m confident I guess, but I don’t want to worry about it too much,’’ he said. “I want to go there, hope for the best and enjoy the night with my family and the AFLNT people.

“I want to thank mum and dad and the staff at Tiwi College for getting me to where I am now.

“They gave me the opportunity to go down south to St Pat’s College in Ballarat and I’ll always be grateful for that.

“Whatever happens, making the move from the islands to Victoria was worth it. Hopefully that will be even bigger today.’’

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/local-afl/rioli-hopes-to-keep-tradition-going-at-richmond-or-hawthorn/story-fnk2to87-1227620795560

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Rioli hopes to keep tradition going at Richmond or Hawthorn (NT news)
« Reply #440 on: November 24, 2015, 02:52:29 PM »
A great sign he wants to play for us  :thumbsup.

Dimma will be ecstatic to have a Rioli as he was in love with Cyril and wished he could bring him over to us when he first got the RFC coaching gig back in 2010.

But while a Rioli to Richmond (pick 15) story would read like a fairytale, the Tigers could be beaten to the punch by clubs like Carlton (1, 10, 14), GWS, Essendon (5, 6) and GWS (9, 11).

He flies to Adelaide this morning with his dad Bradley and mum Belinda from Melville Island for what he hopes will be the biggest day of his football life.
Hope we're not going to be pipped. The other times the media have mentioned we've been keen on a certain player (Oliver and Ah Chee), they've suddenly jumped up the draft order.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #441 on: November 24, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
This whole sudden rush for Rioli to Richmond being played out in the media smacks of us getting played by other clubs.

Until this all happened Rioli was ranked, what, 20-30?

What has happened in the last week that he has come good?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: November 24, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »
got me stuffed.

doesnt dimma have some notion that 1st rnd picks should be ready to play straight away? does rioli fit this bill?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #443 on: November 24, 2015, 05:31:23 PM »
..or maybe we're playing other clubs.... :shh

Whatever...Rioli at 12 over the likes of Hospital Handball Mathieson & Brokeleg Burton still won't be as dumb as Conca at 6 over Heppell & Prestia....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #444 on: November 24, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »
Hospital Handball Mathieson lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #445 on: November 24, 2015, 06:30:50 PM »
It hasn't started yet, tomoz night, don't worry though, fj will uncover another gem,,,,,,,,,,again  :clapping

No doubt
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #446 on: November 24, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »
got me stuffed.

doesnt dimma have some notion that 1st rnd picks should be ready to play straight away? does rioli fit this bill?
Dimma has a man crush on Cyril so Daniel would probably get a guernsey round 1 even if injured.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #447 on: November 24, 2015, 06:40:57 PM »
..or maybe we're playing other clubs.... :shh

Whatever...Rioli at 12 over the likes of Hospital Handball Mathieson & Brokeleg Burton still won't be as dumb as Conca at 6 over Heppell & Prestia....

Be careful what you wish for.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #448 on: November 24, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »
Brett Anderson just said clubs are throwing out smoke bombs of info to try and get the player(s) they want to fall to their pick. He mentioned Richmond as one of them along with the clubs with multiple picks.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #449 on: November 24, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
I reckon ah chee is the type we need , class small to med forward , he is the missing link to premiership glory. If he s gone then we ll add another inside mid to our bevy of talent in the middle.
Don't worry about rioli , my mail is he s not rated inside top 30

Looks like it's Rioli then.
"Sliding doors moment.