Author Topic: Brendon Gale on SEN / Dimma is contracted, will be reviewed: Gale  (Read 11608 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Brendon Gale on SEN / Dimma is contracted, will be reviewed: Gale
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 04:01:48 AM »
As long as we're not as shyte as Richmond sides of the past - that's enough apparently.

#Standards.

Yeah, bugger progression and skip straight to all the premiership glory

Yeah slow & steady wins the race...... here's to the 10 year rebuild!
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 01:33:48 AM »
Take a premiership when it comes rather than flip chips everywhere and never accomplish anything

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 05:56:52 AM »
Hardwick is contracted until the end of 2016 but a pass mark for the Tigers next year will be to win a final

Yep!

The thing with uninspired administrative decisions is........they all still get paid.
It's as though they have a business plan that offers them financial security without either improvement
or first grade success.

It's a shame that they have been so cowardly behind the scenes

Why is the benchmark for Hardwick's extension "win 1 final".

Last year's benchmark according to Peggy was 1 win, we failed last season and we failed this season so why is last years benchmark next season's benchmark?

Next seasons benchmark should be a good showing in the preliminary final , nothing less. If Hardwick can't deliver then move him on.

Think I agree with your sentiment but you're logic baffles me a bit. If you set an aim and don't achieve it, it doesn't quite make sense to increase the aim with the expectation of making it.

i.e You're a high jumper, you can't clear 1.8m, why would the logical step be to set the bar at 1.85m and expect to clear that?

But I agree, prelim final or bust for dimma, although despite this years and last years elim final losses i feel we're closer that those showings suggest.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »
Hardwick is contracted until the end of 2016 but a pass mark for the Tigers next year will be to win a final

Yep!

The thing with uninspired administrative decisions is........they all still get paid.
It's as though they have a business plan that offers them financial security without either improvement
or first grade success.

Last year's benchmark according to Peggy was 1 win, we failed last season and we failed this season so why is last years benchmark next season's benchmark?

Next seasons benchmark should be a good showing in the preliminary final , nothing less. If Hardwick can't deliver then move him on.

Think I agree with your sentiment but you're logic baffles me a bit. If you set an aim and don't achieve it, it doesn't quite make sense to increase the aim with the expectation of making it.

i.e You're a high jumper, you can't clear 1.8m, why would the logical step be to set the bar at 1.85m and expect to clear that?

But I agree, prelim final or bust for dimma, although despite this years and last years elim final losses i feel we're closer that those showings suggest.

you forgot the year before also mate :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »

Yep!

or first grade success.

you forgot the year before also mate :thumbsup
yes he did
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »
if you lose in a final to 9th, does it count?

if a tree falls in a forest and there is not one there...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
IMO why would we need to extend DH contract now. He has a year to run on his current one so why sign him again until then.
Let 2016 play out and then make a call. He isn't going anywhere!!
The RFC don't owe him anything other than to let his contract play out. If he earns an extension Im 100% sure all Tigers supporters and members would be happy for him to stick around.

I personally don't think he can take us any further but I would be willing to change my mind if he changed a few things and won at least 1 final as the bare minimum.
Surely in your 6th year, the club can set him a definite pass mark AND STICK TO IT. He has had long enough to change everything he inherited when he took over. It's time for results or it's time to move on.

Also using the excuse of "who else is there" is the most unprofessional attitude there is.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
IMO why would we need to extend DH contract now. He has a year to run on his current one so why sign him again until then.
The RFC don't owe him anything other than to let his contract play out. If he earns an extension Im 100% sure all Tigers supporters and members would be happy for him to stick around.

I personally don't think he can take us any further but I would be willing to change my mind if he changed a few things and won at least 1 final as the bare minimum.
Surely in your 6th year, the club can set him a definite pass mark AND STICK TO IT. He has had long enough to change everything he inherited when he took over. It's time for results or it's time to move on.

Also using the excuse of "who else is there" is the most unprofessional attitude there is.
Very well put big tone.  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »
Sign him for another three years, at which point Newy would have completed his apprenticeship at Harvard and be ready to take over the reigns  :shh
The first step has already been taken  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »

Very well put big tone.  :clapping

Totally agree

Excellent post  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »
While 7 years is a long time in footy you still gotta realize his first 4 or was it 5 years were compromised drafts . So he has done well to play finals given also he has kept about 5 players from the wallace era. I mean half the list was gone in 2 years and the players they had to bring in were pretty ordinary.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
Sign him for another three years, at which point Newy would have completed his apprenticeship at Harvard and be ready to take over the reigns  :shh
The first step has already been taken  :clapping

Grade A choice cuts from Bojangleburg right there  :clapping
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
Maybe the admin recognise that our team still needs 3-4 players to make it a bona fide contender.

They would thus think it's unfair to expect Dimma to win a premiership.

So maybe a "pass" would be a finals win. A good grade, maybe a "B", would be a prelim final. An "A" would be a GF and an "A+" would be a flag.

For me, I would think that a top 4 finish is vital.
so why arent the blokes who have been there 10 yrs and 7 yrs who have been given the job to build the list not in the gun.It is an inordinate amount of time and frankly to date we have not looked like contending.
Ah tiger supporters always happy with mediocrity.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 06:05:44 PM »
when are you going to start working for RFC and lead us to the promised land, oh great one?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »
when are you going to start working for RFC and lead us to the promised land, oh great one?
Who me?? No way i would not go near them. competence honesty and  professionalism are things i value highly. They dont go well with mediocrity spin and incompetence.Maybe you should apply those things seem to go well with you.